Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Lane Kiffin

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Someone not listed above

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

drrew

Reaction score
Oh, and I voted 'someone not listed above' because I thought Wilcox would end up being the hire.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1dxybvlv said:
So what kind of offense will Petersen run? I didn't get the chance to watch the UW/BSU opener and didn't see many of Boise St. games this year...

Also what will happen to Justin Wilcox and Tosh Lupoi...? Imagine Petersen as head coach and Wilcox as DC and we still retain super recruiter Tosh Lupoi that staff right there looks awesome on paper...

Petersen tries to adapt his offense to the players he has. When Kellen Moore was here, BSU ran a hybrid offense that involved lots of pre-snap movement (2-3 guys every play it seemed) and that allowed Kellen to read the D and make the right play. Once Southwick took over though, he couldn't handle that offense. Last year BSU's offense was not very good and I blamed Southwick. I think that's the offense that coach pete really wants to run though.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
LOL, Petersen's gotten two more votes on the poll since the announcement was made.

Stat-padding, I s'pose.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I voted for Petersen. I didn't think it would work with Mora (as I said in the first page of this thread). Needless to say, I'm very happy about how this worked out.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilcox has worked with Peterson before, he's settled here and if the relationship is amiable then he could stay if Peterson wants him. I'm also sure that a lot of Boise States staff will be made overtures to help transition Petersons philosophys and systems to the UW, lots of chess pieces moved around here in a few weeks time.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1jgwn8mi said:
dopeboy206":1jgwn8mi said:
So what kind of offense will Petersen run? I didn't get the chance to watch the UW/BSU opener and didn't see many of Boise St. games this year...

Also what will happen to Justin Wilcox and Tosh Lupoi...? Imagine Petersen as head coach and Wilcox as DC and we still retain super recruiter Tosh Lupoi that staff right there looks awesome on paper...

Petersen tries to adapt his offense to the players he has. When Kellen Moore was here, BSU ran a hybrid offense that involved lots of pre-snap movement (2-3 guys every play it seemed) and that allowed Kellen to read the D and make the right play. Once Southwick took over though, he couldn't handle that offense. Last year BSU's offense was not very good and I blamed Southwick. I think that's the offense that coach pete really wants to run though.

:13: Totally agree with this. I have watched Petersen for the last several years and I still blame Southwick. He is to the scheme of BSU as kisshismuscles is to SF.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Wow, I'm shocked.

Has this been confirmed by a reliable media outlet or major source? Has the UW already announced or released info?

If UW got Petersen, that's a major coup. By far the best coach on that list and should bring some real excitement to the program. He's an awesome recruiter and was able to get kids from So Cal to play at BSU.

I'd actually be more excited about Petersen than I was about Sark. What he was able to do at a tiny school speaks for itself.

What a loss for Boise St.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
HansGruber":2wxabpu7 said:
Wow, I'm shocked.

Has this been confirmed by a reliable media outlet or major source? Has the UW already announced or released info?

If UW got Petersen, that's a major coup. By far the best coach on that list and should bring some real excitement to the program. He's an awesome recruiter and was able to get kids from So Cal to play at BSU.

I'd actually be more excited about Petersen than I was about Sark. What he was able to do at a tiny school speaks for itself.

It is official, UW announced it this morning.

HansGruber

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3lxoedlh said:
HansGruber":3lxoedlh said:
Wow, I'm shocked.

Wow. That's fantastic news for the purple and gold.

Pac12 is the toughest division in NCAAF.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
HansGruber":3t1b13xv said:
EverydayImRusselin":3t1b13xv said:
HansGruber":3t1b13xv said:
Wow, I'm shocked.

Wow. That's fantastic news for the purple and gold.

Pac12 is the toughest division in NCAAF.

It is now.

It wasn't yesterday.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well another aspect is being in a true BCS conference is going to be something that he if he can migrate that success to the UW going to put other schools in the SEC and ACC on notice, no more ducking him with a playoff system coming.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
LOL, I can't believe people are still voting in the poll.