Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Lane Kiffin

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Someone not listed above

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

HansGruber

Reaction score
Wow, shocking news on Petersen. I listened to a radio interview with him on XM after he turned down USC and he said he didn't care about money. Said anything over $1m/yr is just being greedy and that his family was the most important thing, that he liked his church in Boise, and didn't like big cities and big schools. You could tell he was being honest so I'd be shocked to see him come to the UW.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Funny because Boise reporters are reporting he will be in Boise all day Friday and this weekend.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
CPHawk":1d0q1zau said:
Funny because Boise reporters are reporting he will be in Boise all day Friday and this weekend.

Washington reps could come to him in Boise and there is a thing called Skype.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
HansGruber":im23wk9m said:
Wow, shocking news on Petersen. I listened to a radio interview with him on XM after he turned down USC and he said he didn't care about money. Said anything over $1m/yr is just being greedy and that his family was the most important thing, that he liked his church in Boise, and didn't like big cities and big schools. You could tell he was being honest so I'd be shocked to see him come to the UW.

God bless the BSU fans, but I wouldn't (be shocked).

And if Petersen does come to the UW, I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with greed.

CPHawk":im23wk9m said:

That's how propaganda wars work, guy.

kearly

Reaction score
If Petersen turns down UW, and Petrino is off the table, then this could get pretty ugly for UW. Wilcox probably becomes your new best case scenario, and then you are basically talking the same UW team minus a brilliant offensive mind and probably it's ace recruiter. It would also mean hiring someone with no HC experience. Which I'm not completely against, but no HC experience means much more risk.

Also, didn't USC make a run at Peterson first before moving on to Sark? It would be kind of funny if Sark's UW replacement was USC's first choice.

HansGruber

Reaction score
rottweiler":3hfyrdgo said:
God bless the BSU fans, but I wouldn't (be shocked).

And if Petersen does come to the UW, I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with greed.

Well, no, I don't think people "become" greedy. You either are or you aren't.

But the thing that struck me about the interview is he seems like a real small town kinda guy. Doesn't like big media, really into his church, just seemed like a genuine lifestyle. And he made it clear that he preferred smaller schools over a big payday, so how is UW going to attract him?

Just seems like two different philosophies. UW wants to be a big program, right in the heart of a major city. This isn't a small town, and the expectations couldn't be any higher.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HansGruber":1czox6dl said:

He makes $2m/yr.

zifnab32

Reaction score
CPHawk":348vt7er said:

Washington's AD is in Boise meeting with him tonight. We should know pretty soon if it's a fit or if UW will go the coordinator route with Nussmeier

jkitsune

Reaction score
zifnab32":3bujruy1 said:
CPHawk":3bujruy1 said:

Washington's AD is in Boise meeting with him tonight. We should know pretty soon if it's a fit or if UW will go the coordinator route with Nussmeier

The path the rumor mill has taken on this one is interesting. Just goes to show that these 'leaks' rarely know exactly what's going on at a given time.

Woodward should just open the interview with 'you're hired.'

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 44m
#BoiseState coach Chris Petersen is interviewing with #Washington tonight, source told CBS.

Adam Jude ‏@A_Jude 42m
Rumblings out of Boise are that UW's Scott Woodward is in Boise right now interviewing Chris Petersen.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":1b5m2dxa said:
Woodward should just open the interview with 'you're hired.'
Haha! Yeah I get the feeling the interview has as much, if not more, to do with Petersen interviewing Woodward as it is the other way around.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
DavidSeven":38vewb9b said:
#BoiseState coach Chris Petersen is interviewing with #Washington tonight, source told CBS.

Adam Jude ‏@A_Jude 42m
Rumblings out of Boise are that UW's Scott Woodward is in Boise right now interviewing Chris Petersen.

This is crazy! Please let him sign on the dotted line!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
DavidSeven":g25ayb5t said:

Adam Jude ‏@A_Jude 42m

Feldman is now reporting that the interview was about 90 mins long and that Wodward left soon there after without Petersen at his side. Seems like Petersen is gonna stay in Boise.............super bummed. Guess were gonna be stuck with Nussmieier, great :(

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Bummer! Chris Petersen is going to retire at Boise St. they should just name him mayor of that city. With that said I say No to Nuss!

davidonmi

Reaction score
Pool Boy is going to settle on Nussmeier. That just shows this program has learned absolutely NOTHING. We just went through a OC learning on the job. Way to just ignore Deruyter and Franklin. Out of all those rumored the only one I didn't like was nuss. Husky football will never be great again.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
davidonmi":fbf5s50c said:
Pool Boy is going to settle on Nussmeier. That just shows this program has learned absolutely NOTHING. We just went through a OC learning on the job. Way to just ignore Deruyter and Franklin. Out of all those rumored the only one I didn't like was nuss. Husky football will never be great again.

Same here, Nuss was the only guy I truly didn't want.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Man let's go after Wilcox instead. I sure as hell hope Nuss don't bring that boring Bama offense to the Pac-12. I don't even think that offense would even work with our OL and players...Yeah Bama averaged 38 PPG this season but that offense looks boring and not exciting to me..

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":25hnopty said:
DavidSeven":25hnopty said:

Adam Jude ‏@A_Jude 42m

Feldman is now reporting that the interview was about 90 mins long and that Wodward left soon there after without Petersen at his side. Seems like Petersen is gonna stay in Boise.............super bummed. Guess were gonna be stuck with Nussmieier, great :(

That doesn't mean anything, Sark was talked to on Saturday and took the job on Monday, he might be sorting things out with family and seeing where their heads are at

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Throwdown":3ry9feki said:
Blitzer88":3ry9feki said:
DavidSeven":3ry9feki said:

Adam Jude ‏@A_Jude 42m

That doesn't mean anything, Sark was talked to on Saturday and took the job on Monday, he might be sorting things out with family and seeing where their heads are at

Petersen seems like a genuine guy with integrity and who is opposite of Slick Rick and Sark. He doesnt strike me as the person who would lie to 17-21 year old kids or care about money or fame. Also the rumors that he is staying at Boise is coming from a booster with close ties to BSU who is also the same person who leaked that UW AD was flying to Boise to meet with Petersen tonight. Unless Petersen has a change of heart which I highly highly highly doubt my best bet is he is staying put.