OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3c7h2ngi said:
rottweiler":3c7h2ngi said:
CALIHAWK1":3c7h2ngi said:
He's coaching football not running a monastery. I could give two hoots what he does in or out of his marriage. Mike Leach was accused of physically and verbally abusing students at Texas Tech. Then a student at WSU accused him of the same thing. An affair is none of any of our business.

Umm, it is if the financial details of his affair risk getting your football program the Southern Methodist Death Penalty.

I know he had baby girl on staff but I didn't and don't know of it getting the entire program in trouble and it shouldn't. The school being pissed is one thing but the NCAA has zero business in it.

Petrino gave (an unqualified) Jessica Dorell — the honey who was in the motorcycle wreck with him — $10K to come to the University of Arkansas to be one of his "assistants."

The reason Petrino was fired at Arkansas was not because he had an affair. It was because he lied to Athletic Director Jeff Long about the details of his having hired Dorell as his "assistant."

If Petrino paid $10K under the table to some (again, unqualified) gal to come to Arkansas to be one of his underlings, who's to say he wasn't doing the same thing to potential football recruits?

That's why Petrino was fired at Arkansas. It had nothing whatsoever to do with his extramarital affair.

He's a great coach; an offensive genius, even. We can agree on that.

He's definitely a risk, though.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
HawkWow":3g5iygf9 said:
Gary Pinkel. And I'm not going to stop clamoring for him until he's offered a sh*t ton and refuses our offer. 11 years Pinkel coached at U-Dub and did so through our glory days. He has to have some very fond memories here, and with the right offer, it's a big step up from Missouri, both on campus and off. I firmly believe it's going to take a no nonsense coach to bring us back to prominence. Pinkel learned under James and what he learned was accountability and to not rely solely on his assistant coaches. Like DJ, Pinkel doesn't just coach kids, he coaches his coaches too.

Yes, I know about the DUI. But don't care.

Well, Pinkel certainly wasn't happy at Mizzou last year.

Mizzou fans weren't happy with him last year, either.

Still, if he makes it to the BCS championship game this season — a very distinct possibility — he'll likely be able to name his price.

Do you really think he'd leave the SEC to come back to the PAC-12, bro?

HawkWow

Reaction score
But didn't Arkansas give that hottie's job to Nick Holt? They entrust Holt with properly providing daily donuts and coffee to their staff? What are they thinking down there, Rott? ; )

Atradees

Reaction score
Mora Jr is my pick. He turned around the awful UCLA relatively quickly.

Plus hes one those galvanizing guys the exact opposite of the cliche spewing Sark.

OR- I would call Mike Holmgren.......

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
HawkWow":xhtci1sg said:
But didn't Arkansas give that hottie's job to Nick Holt? They entrust Holt with properly providing daily donuts and coffee to their staff? What are they thinking down there, Rott? ; )

Honestly, holmes, you got me there.

I'm not sure what you're driving at with that, bro.

Do tell, please.

HawkWow

Reaction score
rottweiler":1z12wbou said:
HawkWow":1z12wbou said:
Gary Pinkel. And I'm not going to stop clamoring for him until he's offered a sh*t ton and refuses our offer. 11 years Pinkel coached at U-Dub and did so through our glory days. He has to have some very fond memories here, and with the right offer, it's a big step up from Missouri, both on campus and off. I firmly believe it's going to take a no nonsense coach to bring us back to prominence. Pinkel learned under James and what he learned was accountability and to not rely solely on his assistant coaches. Like DJ, Pinkel doesn't just coach kids, he coaches his coaches too.

Still, if he makes it to the BCS championship game this season — a very distinct possibility — he'll likely be able to name his price.

For one reason, bro...he's not going to out-recruit Saban and Bama's loss to AU was an aberration. I think it would be a wise move to get out of the SEC to consistently have a shot at the natty. If you can't win the SEC, you can't win the Natty. But if you win the Pac12, you have a shot by facing the winner of the SEC.

Winning big this year with Mizzou will certainly make the fans love him, but does that make him love the fans once so against him? Yes, the money will be there, but we'd have to match. Now if I'm in Pinkel's cat-bird seat, do I want to live in Missoura' or Seattle?

Doubt we get him Rott, but he heads my wish list.

HawkWow

Reaction score
rottweiler":gup1bcdt said:
HawkWow":gup1bcdt said:

Do tell, please.

Am I misinformed? I was under the impression Arkansas basically made Holt something of an intern down there. No? We are not real fond of Nick in Seattle (so I played on that). Please correct me if I'm off here. Nothing worse than looking stupid when you're trying to be funny. This I know. ; )

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
HawkWow":2vnnqrnj said:
rottweiler":2vnnqrnj said:

For one reason, bro...he's not going to out-recruit Saban and Bama's loss to AU was an aberration. I think it would be a wise move to get out of the SEC to consistently have a shot at the natty. If you can't win the SEC, you can't win the Natty. But if you win the Pac12, you have a shot by facing the winner of the SEC.

Winning big this year with Mizzou will certainly make the fans love him, but does that make him love the fans once so against him? Yes, the money will be there, but we'd have to match. Now if I'm in Pinkel's cat-bird seat, do I want to live in Missoura' or Seattle?

Doubt we get him Rott, but he heads my wish list.

Granted, there seems to me to be far more upside for Pinkel in Seattle than in Missouri — in terms of scenery, women and high-quality meth. :twisted:

But it's much, much easier to win the SEC East (Mizzou's subdivision) than it is the SEC West, bro.

This season was just an aberration.

Am I misinformed? I was under the impression Arkansas basically made Holt something of an intern down there. No? We are not real fond of Nick in Seattle (so I played on that). Please correct me if I'm off here. Nothing worse than looking stupid when you're trying to be funny. This I know. ; )

Nah, I wasn't sayin' you're misinformed, bro. Not at all.

You don't look stupid, either.

Sad to say that I'm just not that familiar with Holt is all.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
HawkWow":3c5vi6c0 said:
rottweiler":3c5vi6c0 said:
HawkWow":3c5vi6c0 said:

Do tell, please.

Actually, your gonna love this.......Nick Holt is currently the defensive coordinator at Western Kentucky, where Bobby Petrino is head coach.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1g5m2xy0 said:
HawkWow":1g5m2xy0 said:
rottweiler":1g5m2xy0 said:
HawkWow":1g5m2xy0 said:

Do tell, please.

Actually, your gonna love this.......Nick Holt is currently the defensive coordinator at Western Kentucky, where Bobby Petrino is head coach.

LMAO!!!

:stirthepot:

Subzero717

Reaction score
rottweiler":1fbyc2qt said:
Blitzer88":1fbyc2qt said:
HawkWow":1fbyc2qt said:
rottweiler":1fbyc2qt said:
HawkWow said:

Do tell, please.

LMAO!!!

:stirthepot:

No!!!!!!!

Subzero717

Reaction score
Well I just read that Mora has met with UW. Another reason for Mora is he's here for long haul. He doesn't want to coach anywhere else.

Nussmeir is another name I've heard.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Haha..nice add Blitzer. I think that eliminates Petrino from this discussion, then.

Holt was once our DC, Rott. Sark's lover? That I can't say for sure. ; ) But he sure perpetuated the fad that became widely, yet temporarily, known as "RG3-Mania".

Had Holt kept his job at the Dub, I have no doubt UO would be scoring triple digits on us.

HawkWow

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1a4s57sr said:
Well I just read that Mora has met with UW. Another reason for Mora is he's here for long haul. He doesn't want to coach anywhere else.

Nussmeir is another name I've heard.

That's the one thing that really sticks out for me with Mora. He will have climbed to the top of the (his) mountain if he comes to UW. Watching him rather intently this past year, he seems to have matured quite a bit. I wouldn't be against his hire at all.

I like the hell outta Nussmeier, but with no HC experience, unsure if that's the road we (again) wish to travel.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
HawkWow":2s7t4hlt said:
Haha..nice add Blitzer. I think that eliminates Petrino from this discussion, then.

Not necessarily, bro.

They could come to Washington as a team — à la Lane Kiffin and his pops at USC.

HawkWow":2s7t4hlt said:
Holt was once our DC, Rott. Sark's lover? That I can't say for sure. ; ) But he sure perpetuated the fad that became widely, yet temporarily, known as "RG3-Mania".

Had Holt kept his job at the Dub, I have no doubt UO would be scoring triple digits on us.

Good stuff. Thanks.

HawkWow

Reaction score
rottweiler":cdtrf0ub said:
HawkWow":cdtrf0ub said:

Not necessarily, bro.

They could come to Washington as a team — à la Lane Kiffin and his pops at USC.

HawkWow":cdtrf0ub said:

Good stuff. Thanks.

Holt would be as welcome at U-Dub as would be the ghost of Bill Walsh. ; )

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Mora should be the first one they contact. Its his dream job, just an issue if the timing is right. He also has an elite staff down at UCLA, lots of experiences, great recruiters and lots of schematic creativity. I would love for him to bring that staff north.

Pinkell left UW over twenty years ago, he's been at Missouri longer than he was at UW and was at Toledo a decade as well. UW has had numerous openings during that period, he was coming, he would've come by now.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Now I feel sort of bad for ragging on Holt. His time in Seattle was not a time that he provided zero education, as most would suggest. Not at all. I learned a lot from Nick Holt.

What I learned was what a frikin' defensive genius Pete is. 'Cuz Pete fielded a damn fine defense at USC, and it was in spite of Holt, not because of Holt, as Sark once led us to believe.

HawkWow

Reaction score
seahawk2k":3vodtwui said:
Mora should be the first one they contact. Its his dream job, just an issue if the timing is right. He also has an elite staff down at UCLA, lots of experiences, great recruiters and lots of schematic creativity. I would love for him to bring that staff north.

Pinkell left UW over twenty years ago, he's been at Missouri longer than he was at UW and was at Toledo a decade as well. UW has had numerous openings during that period, he was coming, he would've come by now.

He wanted the Washington job but was passed over for it. That might be a sticking point. Much more so than the years he's spent in Missouri. I lived a long time in Milwaukee, Wisc. That didn't stop me from upgrading to Seattle. ; )