• Lane Kiffin

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Someone not listed above

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Blitzer88

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1ohmyxyh said:
Being reported by CBS that mora is staying at ucla. Alabama's o.c. Is reportedly the next candidate in line.

Uh..............yuck. Not a fan of this if true.

Edit: And it looks as if it is true as 710 ESPN is now reporting and confirming the CBS report. Man, do I not want Doug Nussmeier, he does not excite me at all.

drrew

Reaction score
Nussmeier is fine if Wilcox stays. If it's Nussmeier with an all new staff, this program is f'ed for the next several years.

This recruiting class will be a total wash, and programs cannot survive that sort of recruiting year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Mora is out, as I expected. LA Times, Seattle Times, etc. all reporting he's staying at UCLA.

Did manage to leverage the UW situation into a sweeter deal for himself. So, good for him, I guess.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Now I don't see any candidates that can make this situation a win for Washington. Of the supposed candidates left, not including Chris Petersen as I have not really seen his name mentioned, all are gonna be downgrades compared to Sark.

Throwdown

Reaction score
We screwed

Cougs are gonna do us dirty next season now at this point

Nussmeier? Yuck

davidonmi

Reaction score
Out of that list with mora gone, peterson. I'd take Bohl or Deruyter over any of them

DohBoy

Reaction score
Throwdown":2my7jmj8 said:
We screwed

Cougs are gonna do us dirty next season now at this point

Nussmeier? Yuck

Hello?!? I told you, Petrino is the guy. He's in town, per HardcoreHusky.com. Do you think that hillbilly slob would be found in Seattle for any other reason than to interview? I don't think he's there for the final Pearl Jam shows...

That guy is going to be your next coach; put on your purple overalls, grab a gold banjo and deal with it.

DohBoy

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":169uqoih said:
And he did. He not only proved himself a liar as the bleacherreport suggested, he stuck a dagger into the heart of his own school.

Come on now, it's not like he went on KJR yesterday and told Mitch he hadn't interviewed or anything.

Plus, I think Mora is still sorta pissed about the Seahawks thing. To be fair to the guy, he got a bit screwed there. I mean, he's going to be looking over his shoulder at a successful Seahawk team coached by the guy they fired him for. I'd carry a bit of spite there too...

CPHawk

Reaction score
Why isn't Scott frost on the list? Hire him, please!

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2nmv3drv said:
Being reported by CBS that mora is staying at ucla. Alabama's o.c. Is reportedly the next candidate in line.

Sounds like propaganda to me.

The UW doesn't want to tip its hand.

DohBoy":2nmv3drv said:
Hello?!? I told you, Petrino is the guy. He's in town, per HardcoreHusky.com. Do you think that hillbilly slob would be found in Seattle for any other reason than to interview? I don't think he's there for the final Pearl Jam shows...

That guy is going to be your next coach; put on your purple overalls, grab a gold banjo and deal with it.

Link?

Crabhawk

Reaction score
Whatever, I'm not faulting Mora for anything. That interview was years and years ago. He's got a good thing going at UCLA. When that #36 got hit and killed, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that forged a special bond between him and the team. Reading the UW players reactions yesterday on Twitter was sad, those kids legitimately feel betrayed. That's my biggest complaint about Sark - the timing of this and how it negatively affects the kids at UW. I don't want Mora to do the same thing at UCLA and bring that bad juju up here.

DohBoy

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1tid9b8r said:
He got fired from the Seahawks because his team was giving up, no effort -- he was getting blown the hell out home by bad teams. He can't hold that against anyone but himself and it has nothing to do with UW.
He got one season with the team...almost every schmuck coach in the NFL gets at least two years to try and make a go of it. Hell, Bradley will probably get another season in J'ville and he sucks gluteous maximus ten times worse than Mora.

The only reason Mora really got fired was that Pete wanted out of USC; it was a unique opportunity for ownership and one that I don't think they would have explored with any other coaching candidate. If Pete stays a Trojan, Mora would have stayed the Hawk coach for a bit longer.

Throwdown

Reaction score
DohBoy":1smegs5e said:
The_Z_Man":1smegs5e said:
He got fired from the Seahawks because his team was giving up, no effort -- he was getting blown the hell out home by bad teams. He can't hold that against anyone but himself and it has nothing to do with UW.
He got one season with the team...almost every schmuck coach in the NFL gets at least two years to try and make a go of it. Hell, Bradley will probably get another season in J'ville and he sucks gluteous maximus ten times worse than Mora.

The only reason Mora really got fired was that Pete wanted out of USC; it was a unique opportunity for ownership and one that I don't think they would have explored with any other coaching candidate. If Pete stays a Trojan, Mora would have stayed the Hawk coach for a bit longer.

Mora staying the hawks coach sounds like a very very ugly thing.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
DohBoy":69p6fxgk said:
rottweiler":69p6fxgk said:
JSeahawks":69p6fxgk said:

Sounds like propaganda to me.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow ... z2mSXc1OW6

LOL.

I was referring to the Alabama OC's being the "next guy in line" — not to Mora.

I guess no university's athletic program has ever disseminated phony information to throw people off guard.

It's easier to play the media than it is an opposing defense on a football field, if you know what you're doing.

DohBoy":69p6fxgk said:

I am not buying that.

DohBoy

Reaction score
Throwdown":3jsq4eqr said:
Mora staying the hawks coach sounds like a very very ugly thing.

Oh, I agree with you. And then there are the visions of him and Commissioner Goodell spooning in a tent on Mt. Rainier.

davidonmi

Reaction score
the only guy I would really be happy with is James Franklin. I'll let it play out with Petersen

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
davidonmi":228sn4kr said:
the only guy I would really be happy with is James Franklin. I'll let it play out with Petersen

I think he's perfectly happy at Jay Cutler's alma mater, though, isn't he?

I haven't heard about his wanting out of the Harvard of the South, myself.