Watson to visit Niners.

TAB420

Reaction score
Are they having buyers remorse already? This is a strange move, especially with them not having any 1st rounders for a couple years.

flv

Reaction score
A lot of teams will be going through their due diligence procedures. Even the Colts have inquired about him. Watson has a no-trade clause so if he isn't willing to join specific teams those teams can avoid wasting time negotiating with the Texans. Watson has nothing to lose from listening to a sales pitch.

balakoth

Reaction score
But his time.. and listening to sale pitches that could actually get him there

The 49ers have literally nothing to offer right now

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
balakoth":2ljes48h said:

I also wonder what kind of message this sends their new QB1?

Elemas

Reaction score
While I don’t want him here, I damn sure don’t want to see him on the Niners…ugh

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
TAB420":15jcmlrd said:
balakoth":15jcmlrd said:

Trey would have to be in the deal.

James in PA

Reaction score
What THE HELL would they have to offer? Jimmy G and all of their 1st rounders until the end of time?? Makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marvin49

Reaction score
Rumor was BS from the start.

Its not true. Normally teams don't work to shut down rumors, but 49ers sent out messages to like 500 reporters to say IMMEDIATELY that the rumor was false.

Also...the only thing they would have to trade would be Lance. They won't do that.

Beyond how dumb it would be to trade a 2nd year QB like that, its fiscally all but impossible. If they traded Lance it would be a 27 mil cap hit. Deshaun is 35 mil on the cap. Thats 62 mill in QB pay for a team already over the cap and who wants to resign Bosa and Deebo this year.

It's just more freakin' click bait.

flv

Reaction score
Marvin49":usw9ydhq said:

Its not true. Normally teams don't work to shut down rumors, but 49ers sent out messages to like 500 reporters to say IMMEDIATELY that the rumor was false.

Also...the only thing they would have to trade would be Lance. They won't do that.

Beyond how dumb it would be to trade a 2nd year QB like that, its fiscally all but impossible. If they traded Lance it would be a 27 mil cap hit. Deshaun is 35 mil on the cap. Thats 62 mill in QB pay for a team already over the cap and who wants to resign Bosa and Deebo this year.

It would be a $16.6M cap hit rather than a $27M cap hit, (and they're accounting for $5.5M of it this year anyway). The guaranteed salary responsibilities would transfer to the new team.

Marvin49

Reaction score
flv":lo01904e said:
Marvin49":lo01904e said:

It would be a $16.6M cap hit rather than a $27M cap hit, (and they're accounting for $5.5M of it this year anyway). The guaranteed salary responsibilities would transfer to the new team.

This is correct.

Sorry...I was looking at if he were released.

Even so....that's still 51 million.

I don't see it.

flv

Reaction score
Marvin49":u9wuo7q5 said:
This is correct.

Sorry...I was looking at if he were released.

Even so....that's still 51 million.

I don't see it.
:2thumbs: I don't see it happening either.

If the 49ers think Lance will be ready in 2022 they'll roll with him. If they don't think he'll be ready until 2023 they'll keep Garoppolo as a stop-gap. A trade for Watson makes sense if he's the final missing piece or if they're already convinced Lance won't pan out. Lynch and Shanahan seem to be fairly conservative. I can't see them pulling the plug on Lance this early. Even if it makes sense to the 49ers and Watson I don't see how it makes sense to the Texans.

I'm more concerned about the Cardinals swapping Murray and picks for Watson.