We are seeing rw play the whole first half of broncs 49ers allegedly

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He's definitely lost some weight and regained some speed, but he's never going to be the same athlete again. I expect a mild rebound, but Payton didn't take this job for Russ.

He will absolutely never again be worth what they gave up to get him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
dude Wilson looked pretty damn good.
He had some qb runs for first downs and moved them all the way down the field like it was 2013.
Awesome. So Payton has figured out he has to run the "Russell Wilson Offense", with Russ as a primary running threat, in order to have success.

Russell has his own way of playing, and had success with it, until the rest of the NFL started to figure out how to confuse and frustrate him, and Seattle no longer had prime Beastmode to prop him up. Not every team had the personnel to win the needed battles (e.g., pass rush, Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn, Leonard Floyd) to stop Russ-Ball.

I will be watching with interest to see how he does and how Donks use him this year. Slightly rooting against him, for his duplicitous actions in attempting to go behind Pete's back with ownership, but mostly interested to see if Payton can revive Russell's career. I don't think Payton will tolerate RW blaming his O-Line for sacks that are on Wilson for holding the ball too long. I'd be fine with Russ leading the Donks to the SB only to lose to Geno and the Hawks. We've already gotten our value from him. An early vs late 3rd rounder just isn't compelling enough to root against Russell.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Awesome. So Payton has figured out he has to run the "Russell Wilson Offense", with Russ as a primary running threat, in order to have success.

Russell has his own way of playing, and had success with it, until the rest of the NFL started to figure out how to confuse and frustrate him, and Seattle no longer had prime Beastmode to prop him up. Not every team had the personnel to win the needed battles (e.g., pass rush, Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn, Leonard Floyd) to stop Russ-Ball.

I will be watching with interest to see how he does and how Donks use him this year. Slightly rooting against him, for his duplicitous actions in attempting to go behind Pete's back with ownership, but mostly interested to see if Payton can revive Russell's career. I don't think Payton will tolerate RW blaming his O-Line for sacks that are on Wilson for holding the ball too long. I'd be fine with Russ leading the Donks to the SB only to lose to Geno and the Hawks. We've already gotten our value from him. An early vs late 3rd rounder just isn't compelling enough to root against Russell.
When it comes draft day, I'd love to have pick 70 instead of 90! It'll feel like a bigger deal then, I think.

olyfan63

Reaction score
When it comes draft day, I'd love to have pick 70 instead of 90! It'll feel like a bigger deal then, I think.
No question! This is an emotional thing, at this time, rather than a logical thing. It'll flip to a logical thing (for me) around week 10 when we see the trajectory the Broncos season is on. It just pales in comparison to having a top 5 pick plus a high 2nd rounder like last year.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I've watched both of his appearances and, imo, he's done nothing at all that was anymore impressive than half the no-name QBs we've been enjoying in this preseason. Wilson set the bar so low last year that anything good he does this year looks fantastic.

Earlier it was said the question lingers "was it Russ or was it Pete"? I suppose both, but neither was as important as our generational defense and our running back that had people confusing him with an earthquake. If Denver can find another Marshawn and another LOB for Russ, I believe success just might be in their future.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Ciara is pretty hot though be honest guys. I might even do lesiban for a night for her. Russell is too fat for my tastes though.

You could do better for a first experience.

I doubt you’d get the best experience w her. And yes, he looks horrible.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Ciara is pretty hot though be honest guys. I might even do lesiban for a night for her. Russell is too fat for my tastes though.
She took a perfectly good "superstar" QB and turned him into a gimpy meat puppet. So you know she has to be good.

Scout

Reaction score
For anyone wondering about RW body of work in pre season game 2:

Passing: 3/6 24 passing yards, 4.0, QBR 60.4
Rushing 3 carries for 25 yards 8.3 average

Of the six QBs to play in this pre season contest between the Broncos/49ers only Ben DiNucci finished with a lower completion percentage, yards per attempt than Wilson. RW had the lowest QBR of all six QBs in this pre season contest.

Stidham, Lance, Donald, and Purdy all had higher completion percentages.

It could be said that the sample size with DiNucci/Wilson was low because they made less than ten passing attempts. However Brock Purdy had 5 passing attempts and completed 4 passes for a 13.0 average.

We shall see how much SP plays Wilson in the third pre season games.