We are the worst team in the NFC West going into next year.

Steve2222

Reaction score
original poster":gxi4p9ji said:
Steve2222":gxi4p9ji said:
original poster":gxi4p9ji said:
joeseahawks":gxi4p9ji said:
When we let go of Richardson, Cliff, Bennet, Sherman, Kam ... (and possibly Earl) we will need competent players to fill those roles at a comparable level. We have already traded or draft picks. Bobby is the guy who can bring us the best draft pick in return ...

I’d say that belongs to Russell Wilson, in terms of draft value.

I’d bet my house that Bobby is not traded. I’d find it more likely to see Russ be traded than Wagner in honesty.

Although goes without saying, neither will happen.

Russ would not be traded before Wagner, that’s crazy. However, like you said, it’s a moot point as neither scenario would happen.

I agree that the notion, on the surface, is ridiculous.

But based on draft capital and pete’s Philosophy that he only needs a game manager at QB firms my belief that he’d trade Russ before Bobby.

Not meaning to debate any further though as it’s totally ridiculous.

Paul Allen would definitely step in and not let the team trade our most marketable player (and best to boot). I mean when his career is all said and done he’s going to be our franchise all time best player and one of the games all time greats.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":2how5sg3 said:
Think about it: If we had half the penalty yards we did this year, and a decent kicker, we'd probably be #2 seed right now. I think we're looking pretty good.

--homie

IF

Seymour

Reaction score
Well I have some bad news on the prediction.

We have no clue what this team or even coaching staff will look like in 2018, let alone the other still transitional teams in the cards and niners.

"Could" we be bottom of the division next year? Absolutely. But making that comment today would be totally EMO based.

Seymour

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":3kurdjq3 said:
Think about it: If we had half the penalty yards we did this year, and a decent kicker, we'd probably be #2 seed right now. I think we're looking pretty good.

--homie

That is the level of discipline that Pete Carroll teams bring, top 10 in penalties year after year. And the kicker was another Pete decision that bit us in the ass along with McDowell and Ifedi the last 2 years.

All those decision makers are still here, yet somehow we are looking good?

66986338.jpg

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I think that IF certain coaching changes are made, then we can be contenders next year. I think that the talent level is still there. Some areas need to be tweaked but it will start with the coaches. IF no coaching changes take place, then we won't make the playoffs next year either.

original poster

Reaction score
WmHBonney":37umetvu said:
I think that IF certain coaching changes are made, then we can be contenders next year. I think that the talent level is still there. Some areas need to be tweaked but it will start with the coaches. IF no coaching changes take place, then we won't make the playoffs next year either.

I agree the off season is set up to address the areas of weakness via the draft, free agency and trades.

However, if no coaching changes are made it’ll be more of the same.

I do think serious coaching changes will be made, though. I’m 99% confident.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As an outsider, assuming the Seahawks aren’t dumb enough to blow everything up, for me they’d have the highest probability of winning the division next year. The Rams will be competing with them for it but will regress, the 9ers still have major holes, and the Cardinals are about to enter a rebuild.

Next year I’d say Cardinals at 5-11/6-10ish, 9ers at 7-9, and Rams and Seahawks both at 10-6 or so.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I'd say the 9ers are. I'm not sold on Garoppalo being the new messiah.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1fw6dktl said:

Yeah turning a 2-9 team into a 4-0 team is not that great.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Steve2222":2vw0hkgj said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2vw0hkgj said:

Rams laid down for them yesterday

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
They’re not the worst, but if they’re not careful this offseason they’ll find themselves behind the Niners too.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Take Bobby's name outta your mouf.

He's gona retire a Hawk.

Earl can leave, I'd like to keep Sherman around if we can.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
seahawksny":2oab48o0 said:
Steve2222":2oab48o0 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2oab48o0 said:

Rams laid down for them yesterday

It was a 1-10 team that he turned into a 5-0 team actually

Yes the Rams “laid down for them”, but the Jaguars and their top ranked defense sure didn’t the week before when the Niners dropped 44 points on them.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
This thread is just wow :shock:

Niners new kings of the west? That escalated quickly. Seattle basement dwellers for sure? Possible, but highly unlikely.

Cmon guys. I know our recent success brought in a lot of new fans who are still figuring out the whole "football thing", but cmon.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3e3w65td said:
AZ beat us yesterday. How can that be a toss up?
Most of our best players will be released or traded. I don't expect Sherman, Earl, Kam back. Bobby should be traded.
Our coaching staff will be reshaped. And we don't have the semblance of a run game.
AF_BASS_MAN":3e3w65td said:
Tanking 2018.....absolutely not.
Worst team in the NFCW going into off-season....it is a toss up between us and AZ.

Ya you’re actually right. My previous stated opinion was based on the 5 ounces of homerism that I have still saved up.

But when I remember that we have like no freakin’ draft picks thanks to all the bonehead trades we made that didn’t pan out....I remember that Arizona needs fewer pieces that they can actually address.

So fine...the Seahawks are in last place headed into the off-season.

Rams/49ers
Cardinals
Seahawks

Excuse me as I just threw up a little bit....

original poster

Reaction score
I said recently that the 9ers are 2 offseasons away from potentially getting going again and I stand by that. Too many holes to fill in one year.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
I remember when Colin Kaepernick started out with a big winning streak and was the next Joe Montana

where is he now?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3kyrsojo said:
Based on our record, we are the second best team in the NFC West behind the RAMS.
But, when looking closely, we are probably the worst team in the NFC West going into the off season.
The Rams trashed us at home.
The 49ers have won 5 straight games and beaten some pretty good competition (Jags, Rams, Titans, ...). They have lots of draft capital this offseason and will also have high draft picks.
The Cardinals just beat us in a must win game for us.
We will be releasing most of our top talent on defense and trade guys for draft picks and our offense looks like a high school offense.

It's been a while since we haven't been underdogs ...
I honestly expect us to tank next season, so that we can get draft picks to build for 2019/2020.
They beat us after we got eliminated from the playoffs.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!