We are the worst team in the NFC West going into next year.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Way too early to rank the division as it completely depends on Seahawks assistant coaching moves in the off-season. Cable and bevell have been the biggest reason for our poor offensive showing for a few years now. If we get a new innovative pair to replace these two, we could be right back in the mix for the division.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1z8im5br said:
Way too early to rank the division as it completely depends on Seahawks assistant coaching moves in the off-season. Cable and bevell have been the biggest reason for our poor offensive showing for a few years now. If we get a new innovative pair to replace these two, we could be right back in the mix for the division.

Pretty sure the thread topic is stating the division rankings going INTO THE OFF-SEASON, not what the division rankings will be AFTER.

Seymour

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2z74syho said:
joeseahawks":2z74syho said:
Based on our record, we are the second best team in the NFC West behind the RAMS.
But, when looking closely, we are probably the worst team in the NFC West going into the off season.
The Rams trashed us at home.
The 49ers have won 5 straight games and beaten some pretty good competition (Jags, Rams, Titans, ...). They have lots of draft capital this offseason and will also have high draft picks.
The Cardinals just beat us in a must win game for us.
We will be releasing most of our top talent on defense and trade guys for draft picks and our offense looks like a high school offense.

It's been a while since we haven't been underdogs ...
I honestly expect us to tank next season, so that we can get draft picks to build for 2019/2020.

They beat us after we got eliminated from the playoffs.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh good god, the denial. :roll:

At what point were we leading or even in control of that game? :179422:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It’s definitely between us and the Cards. Rams and Niners are both set up for success

johnnyfever

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":asspbc9j said:
johnnyfever":asspbc9j said:

Pretty sure the thread topic is stating the division rankings going INTO THE OFF-SEASON, not what the division rankings will be AFTER.

My bad. In that case I put us at second or third. 49ers have potential, but still tons of unknowns. I put Rams on top, then us/niners tossup, then cards. Cards have no real qb and Arians, we are above that.

Boycie

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2zi5xgz9 said:
AZ beat us yesterday. How can that be a toss up?
Most of our best players will be released or traded. I don't expect Sherman, Earl, Kam back. Bobby should be traded.
Our coaching staff will be reshaped. And we don't have the semblance of a run game.
AF_BASS_MAN":2zi5xgz9 said:
Tanking 2018.....absolutely not.
Worst team in the NFCW going into off-season....it is a toss up between us and AZ.

Bobby should be traded? He’s the best LB in the league.

How do you think Sherman won’t be back?

You are over reacting here.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":321my4el said:
When we let go of Richardson, Cliff, Bennet, Sherman, Kam ... (and possibly Earl) we will need competent players to fill those roles at a comparable level. We have already traded or draft picks. Bobby is the guy who can bring us the best draft pick in return.

Trade away one of the best LB's in the entire League for a MAYBE Draft pick?, hell no.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
joeseahawks":298j4y7b said:
Based on our record, we are the second best team in the NFC West behind the RAMS.
But, when looking closely, we are probably the worst team in the NFC West going into the off season.
The Rams trashed us at home.
The 49ers have won 5 straight games and beaten some pretty good competition (Jags, Rams, Titans, ...). They have lots of draft capital this offseason and will also have high draft picks.
The Cardinals just beat us in a must win game for us.
We will be releasing most of our top talent on defense and trade guys for draft picks and our offense looks like a high school offense.

It's been a while since we haven't been underdogs ...
I honestly expect us to tank next season, so that we can get draft picks to build for 2019/2020.

I wouldn't say "the worst" but the scary thing is we COULD be if changes aren't made. A few injuries here and there, some talent moves elsewhere during the offseason, and we could turn into basement dwellers pretty quick.

This is a very precarious offseason or the Hawks that will likely determine if we see 2-3 home games not sell out next season due to bandwagon fans spending their $$$ elsewhere.

People like to attach themselves to a winner and right now that ain't our Hawks.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
I imagine that an off-season acquisition will be made that brings some hope for our 2018 season. I just wonder if it is going to be enough to make up for the names we lose from our defense, that everyone identifies our team by.

Pick6

Reaction score
Don't the Niners have a bunch of cap space? They can add some quality weapons around Jimmy and improve their secondary.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Pick6":2wg3p5t8 said:
Don't the Niners have a bunch of cap space? They can add some quality weapons around Jimmy and improve their secondary.

Unfortunately yes...they are expected to have somewhere around $100 million in cap space. JimmyG already made a broken roster look like a playoff team the moment he started his first game there.

Imagine what they will look like when they use that cap space to surround him with talent? Especially after they strengthen that o-line that their other QB’s were getting murdered behind.

Throw in an actual big bodied red zone target, a couple good DB’s, and oh ya...they already have Pierre Garcon who was placed on IR before Jimmy was traded to San Fran.

So he will already have another quality weapon in his WR Corp without them having to use any of that cap space!!!

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":yi11y3ns said:
joeseahawks":yi11y3ns said:
AZ beat us yesterday. How can that be a toss up?
Most of our best players will be released or traded. I don't expect Sherman, Earl, Kam back. Bobby should be traded.
Our coaching staff will be reshaped. And we don't have the semblance of a run game.
AF_BASS_MAN":yi11y3ns said:
Tanking 2018.....absolutely not.
Worst team in the NFCW going into off-season....it is a toss up between us and AZ.

Bobby should be traded? He’s the best LB in the league.

How do you think Sherman won’t be back?

You are over reacting here.

I think we do end up trading sherman, not because he is bad but because he is good. Our new CB's have been doing a fine job, and we have to free up cap to fortify areas of greater need. Sherman is one of the best areas to do this as he has high trade value and costs a lot of money.

Zero chance we get rid of Wags.

Kam either retires or gets traded as macd has being doing fine in that position. He hasnt been the same bambam for a while now, and I think with his injury he never will be a hard hitter again.

Earl could go either way. I love what he brings and would hate to see him go. I think it would depend on what kind of offer we get for him.

Expensive core and lackluster asst coaches are the two main reasons we were hamstrung this year. I expect them to be bold in addressing these areas this year as this is the 3rd year of regression. Things need to change.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
"This is a young man's game" - said M Bennett.
The RAMS, which trashed us are just entering their prime. The 49ers are loaded with high picks from last year trade and a QB who is on the rise.
Which leaves us vs the cards. The cards just beat us at home in a must win game for us.
A good thing is, Bruce just retired. This leaves them with more question mark than us.
Last year, we tried to trade Sherman. Anyone believes it will be any different this year? Earl has already indicated he is willing to play somewhere else. With all honesty, I don't see how this defense (that has kept us into games) returns.
Maybe I'm just too pessimistic. But, I would blow up this team and start over. This group has run its course.

Steve2222

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":1btk8tva said:
seahawksny":1btk8tva said:
Steve2222":1btk8tva said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1btk8tva said:
I'd say the 9ers are. I'm not sold on Garoppalo being the new messiah.

Yeah turning a 2-9 team into a 4-0 team is not that great.

Rams laid down for them yesterday

It was a 1-10 team that he turned into a 5-0 team actually

Yes the Rams “laid down for them”, but the Jaguars and their top ranked defense sure didn’t the week before when the Niners dropped 44 points on them.

Ahh I stand corrected thanks. Yep, people who won’t admit Shanny and Grap together is something special are just Hawks fans in denial.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Or... they prefer a bit more games to believe it...

which is fair, considering the examples that have been laid out.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3aykurxv said:
"This is a young man's game" - said M Bennett.
The RAMS, which trashed us are just entering their prime. The 49ers are loaded with high picks from last year trade and a QB who is on the rise.
Which leaves us vs the cards. The cards just beat us at home in a must win game for us.
A good thing is, Bruce just retired. This leaves them with more question mark than us.
Last year, we tried to trade Sherman. Anyone believes it will be any different this year? Earl has already indicated he is willing to play somewhere else. With all honesty, I don't see how this defense (that has kept us into games) returns.
Maybe I'm just too pessimistic. But, I would blow up this team and start over. This group has run its course.

We need some positional changes and youth, but I think "blow this team up" is a big stretch. We have 3 good OL players, so once cable is out (fingers crossed) we really just need to address 2 positions there. I think Cable has honestly been the biggest problem with our line. He has had a few years now to design and pick his players via draft, and this year spent a bunch of money as well and still couldnt do anything with it. We have good receivers in baldwin and darboh, but I think Jimmy gets traded. We need to look at our TE position and bring in some fresh blood. Willson is cheap and servicable, but need a better blocking TE.

With carson and Davis, if we even mildly fix the OL scheme, we should be able to have at least an average running game. I think we draft one this year and maybe bring in a few udfa's for competition. Rawls has become a head case cmike style, he is gone or practice squadded.

Defensive turnover is really dependent on what kind of trade offers we receive for our high priced guys. We cant afford to just cut them because it will still be too big of a cap hit and wouldnt leave us enough to replace them. They either get traded or run out their current contracts. I like our new guys at CB and safety positions, and wil malik, clark, naz we have younger guys already for next year that should be pretty good.

Long winded, but just wanted to point out specifics as to why a "blow the team up" approach isn't really needed. I do agree though that all asst and positional coaches should be looked at very closely as I think this is our biggest weakness.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3cz9s7gr said:

5 games is a pretty large sample size, especially the dismantling of Jacksonville. Grap is a 7-0starting QB who looks like he has learned a lot from Brady. Shanahan is a great offensive mind.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Steve2222":1wt74xr7 said:
Uncle Si":1wt74xr7 said:

5 games is a pretty large sample size, especially the dismantling of Jacksonville. Grap is a 7-0starting QB who looks like he has learned a lot from Brady. Shanahan is a great offensive mind.

For you maybe. Others don't think so. Saying it's denial is bitter though.

How many games did Prescott get last year? Or Carr? Didnt Trevor Siemian start 4-0 last year? Lots of Vikings fans still don't believe in Case Keenum. To each their own, I suppose. But i think its fair to wait on JG taking the 9ers past the Hawks.

He may, and 9ers fans certainly should be happy they got him instead of having to draft.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Arians retired and Palmer is a shell of himself, Cardinals are in a bit of a pickle