We got Jadeveon Clowney !!!

SuperMan28

Reaction score
McGruff":24e27jyk said:
SuperMan28":24e27jyk said:
After the Frank Clark trade, SEA's DL was looking rather pedestrian. Ziggy and Clowney are a very interesting tandem on paper. Looks like the edges are well set for the SEA DL. That 6 game suspension on reed is obviously a huge blow to the interior though.

Yeah this move was prompted by sellers remorse.

We hoped the young guys would step up. They didn't.

It was a move we had to make.

Looks like all the Hawks really gave up was a third, though. That's stunning.

It appears the biggest weakness on the Hawks D is CB with DT coming in at a close second (until Reed gets back.) Hawks gonna have to make some magic happen. This move helps.

RW92

Reaction score
Quite Frankly,

I like the upside of the young man, Jacob Martin. Showed an excellent upside this pre-season. I will miss him. Clowney has not impressed me ever. For where he was selected in the draft he should be a game changer. He isn't. I hope I'm wrong but as I've always said time will tell. And he isn't even close to a Kahil Mack. That's the type of player the Hawks need on the front line, not Clowney.

nanomoz

Reaction score
John63":1rgejkxs said:
Okay lets look at Clark vs Clowney

Clark 4 years, 62 games
137 total tackles, 36 total sacks. Avg 35 tackles, and 9 sacks per year, 2.2 tackles per game, .6 sacks per game

Clowney 5 years (only 4 yearso f real play as first year 4 games) 62 games

205 total tackles, 29 sacks, avg 41 tackles, and 6 sacks per year, 3.3 tackles per game, .5 sacks per game 2 straight years of 9+ sacks

So these stats are really close, Everything I read shows Clowney is better against the run than Clark and Clark is slightly better on sacks. Also, Clowney has more batted passes which given he is 2 inches taller makes sense.

Sacks are a myopic indicator of disruption. Clowney is the more disruptive and consistent player. http://seahawksdraftblog.com/would-the- ... on-clowney

HawkerD

Reaction score
SNDavidson":14lqalrn said:
If someone would have suggested this trade on .net a few weeks go, they'd have been laughed off the site.
Kind of like when we traded Griffey to Cincinnati if anyone remembers that

Maulbert

Reaction score
McGruff":1aassagn said:
SuperMan28":1aassagn said:
After the Frank Clark trade, SEA's DL was looking rather pedestrian. Ziggy and Clowney are a very interesting tandem on paper. Looks like the edges are well set for the SEA DL. That 6 game suspension on reed is obviously a huge blow to the interior though.

If you told me 6 months ago we'd effectively trade Frank Clark, Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin, and a 3rd rounder for Jadeveon Clowney, a 1st rounder, and a 2nd rounder, I'd have done it in a heartbeat. Did we need a new DE after dealing Clark? Sure. But we didn't sell the farm, and got a DAMN GOOD replacement. This is an A++ move by JS, no doubt about it.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I'm too exited to wait for someone to answer me. We already have the best lb trio in the NFL. Is he replacing one of them? If he's playing an edge-rush position on the line, this is incredible! The other team tried to do this trade under pressure, without a real gm, and our HOF gm SCREWED THEM.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Saw this and chuckled heartily.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JacsonBevens/status/1167855705581244416[/tweet]

nanomoz

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3vyzgcbt said:
I'm too exited to wait for someone to answer me. We already have the best lb trio in the NFL. Is he replacing one of them? If he's playing an edge-rush position on the line, this is incredible! The other team tried to do this trade under pressure, without a real gm, and our HOF gm SCREWED THEM.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

He can play three technique and rush inside. He can play Leo or five technique. He can drop in space and cover the flat. He's Chris Clemons + Michael Bennett + Julian Peterson. In successive years, in 2016 and 2017, he made the most plays then the second-most plays on the offense's side of the line of scrimmage in the NFL.

We should send Texans fans flowers. This a fleecing of epic proportions.

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":yo4jowgu said:
Duane Brown was a huge factor in this imo. He talked the Hawks up to Clowney because, well, the organization is excellent.
Kind of like the two of them practicing against one another. :snack:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
McGruff":qkrtuzge said:
timmat":qkrtuzge said:
Great for us certainly, but I don’t think we really stole him or anything like that. Teams just aren’t willing to offer much for 1yr rental players. The incentive for the Hawks was higher because he said he wanted to play here, thus increasing chances of resigning after the season. But I’d bet there weren’t many options out there for Texans.

The interesting thing for next offseason is do the Hawks even want to pay $20 plus million for a D lineman who’s never had double digit sacks? Obviously D lineman can dominate in ways other than sacks, but that price range is usually reserved for the pass rush monsters.

Time will tell, but for now, this is so sweet and just another reason to get excited about the season.

And another nod to our organization and fans for making this team a desired destination for players of this caliber.

Assuming health, I bet clowney exceeds double digits.

43 end is a much better fit for him.

I hope so...Clowney has averaged 7 sacks per year over the last 4 years, and that's with JJ Watt on the the other side occupying the O linemen. Perhaps a change of scenery and better coaching will do him good.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
McGruff":qr4q1wxu said:
SuperMan28":qr4q1wxu said:

Had little to do with seller’s remorse and more to do with the fact that we flipped Clark, who’s a B+ DE, for more picks. Young players with great potential. And we got a player with a much higher ceiling/talent level than Clark to replace him. Perfect scenario

Gametime

Reaction score
Very interested in the statistical impact of playing a 4-3 vs a 3-4 and playing in a contract year for a team he WANTS to play for. This trade could be all time.

Fade

Reaction score
Clowney in the Base Defense will start at Leo.

On passing downs he can be moved all over.

They can stand him up over a Guard, or they can have him in W9 alignment across from Ziggy.

Some of you throwing around 5T & 3T.

He won't play those spots in the base D, and won't have his hand in the dirt when playing inside.

getnasty

Reaction score
Gametime":3nlyewt0 said:
Very interested in the statistical impact of playing a 4-3 vs a 3-4 and playing in a contract year for a team he WANTS to play for. This trade could be all time.

4-3 end seems like the perfect fit for Clowney. I imagine in Pete's football dictionary when he looks up Leo there is a picture of Clowney.

Latest posts