We have become WAY to spoiled over the Past 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksnfcsbest

Reaction score
This is just my opinion but how many Hawk fans believe that the sky is falling? It seems like over half of our fan base is panicking. C'mon friends we as Seahawks fans understand teams that don't have a chance, I.E. pre-Hasselbeck and Holmgren, post holmgren (Jim Mora). This team is NOT among those under talented, bad coached, zero spirit teams!!!

We are STILL a quality top tier team THIS season.

KEEP THE FAITH SEAHAWK BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!! :irishdrinkers:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
In four road losses this season, we have totaled 24 points.

Total. And 7 of those were garbage time.

Being disgusted with our offensive output in these games is not being "spoiled", it is perfectly fair.

We have way too much talent on this team to be continually crapping their pants.

The sky is not falling, but people are blind if they don't see that we have big issues.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sharing concerns/observations isn't spoiled, but I understand what you're saying. Seattle fans have had it very good for the last five seasons.

There is a sense an era is passing and I have to think more than a few on the team sense it as well.

Pete Carroll brought a championship to our city, narrowly lost a second one, and now, perhaps, is winding down his tenure here in Seattle. He has one year left on his contract, is already the oldest coach in the league, and certainly deserving of enjoying time away from the game if he so chooses.

I am more concerned with Wilson who does appear to be regressing somewhat instead of further developing himself as a top-tier QB. He's less secure, more spooked, inconsistent, and doesn't appear to have the full devotion of his teammates like he once did - or perhaps those teammates are more upset at some among the coaching staff? Hard to say there where that is originating.

Wilson is much heavier than he was a year or two ago - and that extra weight isn't helping him. It is once thing for a pocket QB to bulk up some, but a scramble/chaos QB needs to be FAST-FAST-FAST or they can't function. Teams come fully prepared to contain Wilson, and they are doing a better job of doing just that.

Now, if he was given a more competent O-Line, which would further establish the run game, and if Jimmy is further incorporated into the play calling, and if the great timing that currently exists between Wilson and Baldwin continues to develop, then that extra weight might not be so much of an issue.

That's a lot of "IF" though, and there will be a much bigger question mark at the end of this season than any season prior for quite some time.

cymatica

Reaction score
I have been following the team since early 2000s. The 2005 season was nice, but they didnt have the attitude and resolve this team has. I used to expect some bad, lopsided losses.

Not the team under Pete. Something about their mindset has given them a chance in every single game since 2011. They actually have practiced the cliche, every game is a championship game. Whether injured, bad gameplan, bad days, bad luck, etc.... They always grinded it out and kept it close.

We have definetely been acustomed to that high level of play. 5 years of constantly seeing that, no exceptions, makes it hard to accept what we saw. Never know, could have just been a fluke. Maybe they needed this to keep their heads on track and focused. Yeah definetwly got spoiled, hard not to.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I can only speak for myself here, but I'm just frustrated with the talent-to-production ratio. John Schneider has performed fiscal gymnastics to keep this loaded roster together. It's demoralizing to see it underperform.

When teams like the Cowboys and Lions are doing more with less, it's fair to be frustrated.

The cries that the sky is falling, I think, come from a fear that if we don't deliver another conference championship or better again soon, guys like Pete and John, and players like Sherman or Thomas, might move on, and we'll tumble back into a rebuilding process.

I agree that it's a lot to ask for to be the model of consistency a la New England, but ask Colts fans how they felt being perennial runners-up for a decade. The "almosts" and "what ifs" pile up, and burden a fan base.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
semiahmoo":cckkpf55 said:
Sharing concerns/observations isn't spoiled, but I understand what you're saying. Seattle fans have had it very good for the last five seasons.

There is a sense an era is passing and I have to think more than a few on the team sense it as well.

Pete Carroll brought a championship to our city, narrowly lost a second one, and now, perhaps, is winding down his tenure here in Seattle. He has one year left on his contract, is already the oldest coach in the league, and certainly deserving of enjoying time away from the game if he so chooses.

I am more concerned with Wilson who does appear to be regressing somewhat instead of further developing himself as a top-tier QB. He's less secure, more spooked, inconsistent, and doesn't appear to have the full devotion of his teammates like he once did - or perhaps those teammates are more upset at some among the coaching staff? Hard to say there where that is originating.

Wilson is much heavier than he was a year or two ago - and that extra weight isn't helping him. It is once thing for a pocket QB to bulk up some, but a scramble/chaos QB needs to be FAST-FAST-FAST or they can't function. Teams come fully prepared to contain Wilson, and they are doing a better job of doing just that.

Now, if he was given a more competent O-Line, which would further establish the run game, and if Jimmy is further incorporated into the play calling, and if the great timing that currently exists between Wilson and Baldwin continues to develop, then that extra weight might not be so much of an issue.

That's a lot of "IF" though, and there will be a much bigger question mark at the end of this season than any season prior for quite some time.

25 posts deep, all "end of an era" talk. Building your legacy in quick time.

Any fan of the NFL ought to know that success is cyclical. And that exists on all levels: within single games, within portions of seasons, within entire seasons, within a decade.

Let me tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna sit back and enjoy whatever is left of this "era" you're infatuated with...without stressing out about how much of it we have left. It's like the weather, man: it doesn't matter if you know what's coming or if you don't- the result is the same. The only thing you can do is just sit back and enjoy what you have while you have it.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2z90lzwd said:
I can only speak for myself here, but I'm just frustrated with the talent-to-production ratio. John Schneider has performed fiscal gymnastics to keep this loaded roster together. It's demoralizing to see it underperform.

When teams like the Cowboys and Lions are doing more with less, it's fair to be frustrated.

The cries that the sky is falling, I think, come from a fear that if we don't deliver another conference championship or better again soon, guys like Pete and John, and players like Sherman or Thomas, might move on, and we'll tumble back into a rebuilding process.

I agree that it's a lot to ask for to be the model of consistency a la New England, but ask Colts fans how they felt being perennial runners-up for a decade. The "almosts" and "what ifs" pile up, and burden a fan base.

BINGO.

If this playoff run is one and done, you will see personnel upheaval big time. Bigger than the "I want my payday" now that followed the SB win.

We have lots of players nearing the twilight portion of their careers, and they will either want the cash grab, and/or a chance to win it all, and if that has the potential to lead to mass exodus of some beloved players via trade or options - OR, make for an unhappy, dissatisfied 2017 from both players and coaches as relationships become further frayed.

This off-season might prove the most volatile one yet of the Carroll era - and further push Carroll to consider hanging it up even sooner than his existing contract extension.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I want two Superbowl trophies per season. I demand an AFC Championship too. If this does not happen, life as we know it is over.

Seymour

Reaction score
semiahmoo":vva7y5m0 said:

Why do you keep spreading this misinformation? I corrected you on another thread already. Pete has been signed through 2019 since this July. You may want to keep up, because your theory's are shot with bogus information you are spreading.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seymour":383elyoc said:
semiahmoo":383elyoc said:

Why do you keep spreading this misinformation? I corrected you on another thread already. Pete has been signed through 2019 since this July. You may want to keep up, because your theory's are shot with bogus information you are spreading.

Already addressed in different threat. You are correct - thank you!

MrThortan

Reaction score
Can't let the truth get in the way of a good narrative Seymour

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Some posters here argue the idea that we have so much talent that anything less than a SB was a wasted effort, with the blame to go on coaches.

While we do have some very good talent, I am not at all convinced that is it much better than about half the league.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2ghdcokt said:
Some posters here argue the idea that we have so much talent that anything less than a SB was a wasted effort, with the blame to go on coaches.

While we do have some very good talent, I am not at all convinced that is it much better than about half the league.

I would agree w/that.

The "great talent" theme is due in part to the team's 5-year rep.

Seahawks version 2016 are a good team, but not a great one IMO and if they are to go deep into the playoffs, will have to overachieve to do so...

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
semiahmoo":iiqhfcjr said:
WindCityHawk":iiqhfcjr said:

BINGO.

If this playoff run is one and done, you will see personnel upheaval big time. Bigger than the "I want my payday" now that followed the SB win.

We have lots of players nearing the twilight portion of their careers, and they will either want the cash grab, and/or a chance to win it all, and if that has the potential to lead to mass exodus of some beloved players via trade or options - OR, make for an unhappy, dissatisfied 2017 from both players and coaches as relationships become further frayed.

This off-season might prove the most volatile one yet of the Carroll era - and further push Carroll to consider hanging it up even sooner than his existing contract extension.

Do you really believe this?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3rwaohax said:

TBF the Seahawks haven't really tried to keep their roster together at all. Rather, they've been losing multiple above average starters year in and year out in an effort to not lose a single star, and also given up depth at multiple spots over and over again to bring another star in (e.g. Harvin, and then Graham).

I'm not opposed to it as a strategy (I think it's definitely the way you build an NBA team), but it's a total experiment in the NFL.

I ended up clipping it but you cited the Patriots, who are really the exact opposite from the Hawks as save for Brady the Patriots never put an expensive player over their depth or the rest of the team. Not saying that's the right way either, but it really is different from what the Hawks do.

All that said, I also don't think something is "wrong" necessarily. If something is wrong, it's that after having an epic draft run they've drafted what so far seems to be really poorly over the last four years, which you can't do while letting your above average starters and role players walk every year.

CANHawk

Reaction score
This is the new world we live in I guess; if you believe something enough yourself and yell it loud enough and often enough, it will become true.

#murica

sent from the charred remains of a note 7 using tapatalk

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm not sure the Seahawks have great talent anymore. They have good talent and at times play great.

Jermaine Kearse - not great
Jeremy Lane - not great
Sowell - not great
Britt - not great
Glowinski- not great
Rawls - not great, potential to be
Wright - very good but not great
Terrell - not great
Rubin - not great
McDaniel - not great
Willson - not great
Gilliam - not great
Marsh - not great
Coyle - not great
Morgan - not great
Clark - not great

Great talent can take over games....when has anyone on the above list has taken over games and you can point to them as the reason the Seahawks have won.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawkfan68":302lepb1 said:
I'm not sure the Seahawks have great talent. They have good talent and at times play great.

Well said.

Overall, a "good" albeit frustratingly inconsistent, team right now - not a great one.

Seymour

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2132nxck said:
semiahmoo":2132nxck said:
WindCityHawk":2132nxck said:

BINGO.

Do you really believe this?

Who cares, world is gunna end anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts