We Lost Because...

We lost because...

• Our defense didn't play up to expectations.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • We were out-coached for most of the game.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • The worst play call in the history of the SB at the end of the game.

Votes: 110 66.7%
  • Wilson threw a bad pass at the end of the game.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Lockette didn't fight for the ball.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Other (read my comments)

Votes: 16 9.7%

• Total voters

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Worst play call because they threw a slant in the endzone with no space to LOCKETTE. That should have been a roll out with an option to run it in or throw it away, with Matthews high in the back in the end zone as the first read. The thing is, no way do they stop Lynch in that situation. In the second half the push was really, really good for the most part and it is BEAST MODE. Two plays with him and if you have to throw you have to throw.

I'm not even pissed. Honestly, this season has just flown by, I am still tripping on last year's win in my own world. The Hawks are a bad ass football team that wins a lot more than they lose and keep us coming back for more.

Pats fans.. No one cares about what you have to say. Just say thank you and move on. Wish we could see in you the playoffs or Super Bowl next year, sorry you won't make it though. Especially after the league has to rule against you in the whole cheating thing.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I put this completely on the Offense. Our defense played great, especially after and having two critical starters go down.

We lost the game in the late 3rd/early 4th when we had a 10 point lead and didn't ground and pound the flagging NE defense to death. Instead, it looked like we were trying for the knockout punch; with low-percentage, clock-stopping pass plays.

The end result is our defense got tired, Brady got more chances, and our offense allowed them back in -- and then gave them -- the game.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1vu2jthg said:
Uncle Si":1vu2jthg said:
50yrpatsfan":1vu2jthg said:
volsunghawk":1vu2jthg said:
come on man. the "its hard to repeat" works in the offseason. but with one minute to go, its a game with no parallels to last year. to suggest otherwise is either hyperbole, ignorance or mysticism.

our "luck" ran out, for sure. I dont believe in luck, i believe in execution and coaching. in that one play, the Patriots got it right, the Hawks got it wrong. if it goes the other way and we win, there is no way i'd suggest that makes the hawks better. you know when noone's paying attention that you were watching your team's Super Bowl dream die. dont be an ass because it worked out for you.

A championship game between the 2 best in the NFL down to one play at the goal line. there is no separation here. one play.

I'd say the teams are evenly matched, we definitely weren't clearly better.

I'd accept that they're evenly matched, but that's before you have injuries to Sherman, Thomas, Lane, Avril, etc. At that point you're facing a clearly better team.

As far as "luck", I've now watched Brady/Belichick in 6 SB's, and feel more than ever that luck plays a huge role. In both losses to the Giants, we led late and lost due to miracle catches (we also had Brady hurt in one of those games and Gronk in the other). Last night another miracle catch, 95% a lucky bounce that put you in position to win. So yeah, when the teams are evenly matched, it's the breaks that can determine the outcome.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
So encompassed with the play call that Russell Wilson is being let off the hook for the throw, for staring down the rec, for making the throw at all. If it wasnt there, then throw it away and live to fight for the 2 more down you had. He threw the pick and has to live with it. Bevel called it because he believe Wilson could deliver and he didnt. Case closed, Bevel doesnt play the game, he calls the plays.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Bevell needed to tell Wilson "I'm leaving you with a keeper." Just like in the NFCCG soundfx.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":38wsbvoi said:
As far as "luck", I've now watched Brady/Belichick in 6 SB's, and feel more than ever that luck plays a huge role. In both losses to the Giants, we led late and lost due to miracle catches (we also had Brady hurt in one of those games and Gronk in the other). Last night another miracle catch, 95% a lucky bounce that put you in position to win. So yeah, when the teams are evenly matched, it's the breaks that can determine the outcome.

A completely healthy Seahawks team is better than the Patriots. Thats not even a discussion here.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3d34hnn3 said:
NFSeahawks628":3d34hnn3 said:
Uncle Si":3d34hnn3 said:
50yrpatsfan":3d34hnn3 said:
I'd say the teams are evenly matched, we definitely weren't clearly better.

I'd accept that they're evenly matched, but that's before you have injuries to Sherman, Thomas, Lane, Avril, etc. At that point you're facing a clearly better team.

i agree with this... but lets lay off the "better team" stuff then.

your team gives me hope this morning. they've lost two Super Bowls on amazing plays (damn near a third one last night) and yet have been to 4 straight AFC Champs and now got that ring. its the definition of consistency i hope for the Seahawks

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Small picture we lost because of the worst play call in SB history.

Big picture we lost because our defensive depth was exposed. 24 pts should have been enough to win this game, but with the overall subtractions of Mebane, Hill, and then Lane and Avril it was too much to stop Brady from picking on our weak links.

Once Lane and Avril went out, Brady abused Simon and we could no longer put pressure on Brady. 10 pt lead in the 4th 99 times out of 100 on our D is enough to win.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":55u65cjm said:
So encompassed with the play call that Russell Wilson is being let off the hook for the throw, for staring down the rec, for making the throw at all. If it wasnt there, then throw it away and live to fight for the 2 more down you had. He threw the pick and has to live with it. Bevel called it because he believe Wilson could deliver and he didnt. Case closed, Bevel doesnt play the game, he calls the plays.

was a bad throw, and has got plenty of discussion on here.

was a bad play call, bad throw, bad execution by the WR and an excellent read by the Pats secondary players on that side of the field.

you must understand the troubles the OC has given this team over the last 3 years to understand fully the angst of the fanbase this morning though.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":11p1po8d said:
It was a quick slant. Wilson had to look where he was throwing. Bevell is getting crucified because it was a poor gamble to call this play knowing BRANDON BROWNER was there to dissect it as he has a tendency to make plays near the LOS.

CHawK247

Reaction score
A WR cast who werent even drafted.
No TE.
A banged up D.
And the worst OC in the history of the game.
Lol

How bout the greatest QB of alll time tho! Dinks n dunks his way into the History Books.
Did he throw a pass over 40yds?
RW had 12 completions and brady only out-threw him by 80 yrds, even though he threw it 30 more times! If that doesnt sum up the game...

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Aros":4op2kaah said:
I agree, but our D also gave up 14 points in the 4th quarter. They need to take some responsibility for that.

Agree...but on the other hand, why didn't the offense suck so bad in the first quarter, leaving our defense on the field so long. We've had this problem before, but it finally caught up to us.

Lots of blame to go around. Bottom line, it was a fun year to be a 'Hawks fan! (Just a shocking finish..LOL!) :les:

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Vetamur":1t35cicg said:
Its a 60 minute, team game.

Maybe the offense should stop spotting the other team a quarter or half and play from the beginning.

Maybe the defense should have not given up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Maybe stop with the stupid penalties that shortened the field or gave up first downs.

All kinds of fault to go around. There is one obvious play call...but, plenty of "what ifs" to go around.

^This is where I stand as well.^

It's too obvious and easy to blame Bevell completely for this loss. A run is less risky, for sure...but I like the train of thought displayed by Pete after the game: clock management had to be accounted for in order to get all four downs. One of the plays had to be a pass. 2nd down was the choice...we just didn't execute the offense as well as NE executed their defense on that one.

I think if Kearse catches the long ball down the left side earlier on 3rd and 2...we score there and make it 27-14 AT LEAST. Also, same play...Wilson must have had the entire middle of the field to run and needed a mere 2 yds. I believe it was more important to move the chains at that point than to risk that pass. Just run and get a first down there.

There's a fine line between wins and losses, and the timing of the final mistake forces the obvious...but we left a bunch of plays out there last night, not just the one. If any one of them is different then the final outcome may be different.

Baldwin's penalty was garbage. Lost some respect for him on that. A lot, maybe. Totally classless.

The refs call a PI on that intentional Lockette trip and we move the chains.

So many things. ALL of them mattered last night. ALL of them.

CHawK247

Reaction score
soxhawk":onwzamz4 said:
...we couldn't stop the best QB of all time. Came close, but not close enough.

The man threw it underneath 50x. What more do you want our banged up D to do? The only thing that we couldnt stop was Bevells play-calling. Bottom Line.

Latest posts