We lost our mojo?

kpak76

Reaction score
Tok do you feel better after getting ripped by everyone on the board yet? You had to know this was coming with such a stupid post like this.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Drunk in Praha? I lived there... And I'm jealous. If I was drunk in Praha it would be Gambrinus that I was drinking awe... I miss Praha. If I was there then I definitely would stay out of the we suck with out Tate area. :|

Tundra

Reaction score
HansGruber":2y6hlhfq said:
I'm drunk in Prague and wondering why I bothered to Czech the forum (brilliant play on words, I know).

This thread smells like Paris and that's no compliment.
i like the cut of your jib Hans.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I miss Tate. I liked him, especially YAC.

If 12-4 in today's NFL is losing ones mojo, I hope we never get it back.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
how-drunk-are-you-yes.jpg

AgentDib

Reaction score
Tokadub":2udsc63v said:
I think I'm really gonna drop our win prediction for the season from 14-2 to 12-4... Our team seems to be crap now without Tate on offense, and our pass rush sucks without Clemons. It's just what I thought would happen in the off-season but I was hoping I was wrong... seems I'm right.
How can you possibly think that a team with a crap offense and no pass rush can finish 12-4? The NFL is a brutal league and we have a tough schedule. If we finish 12-4 it will be because a lot of the things you are worried about worked out for us; if it doesn't then you should lower those expectations to the 5-11 or 6-8 range..

Yxes1122

Reaction score
AgentDib":1p96ptbb said:
Tokadub":1p96ptbb said:
I think I'm really gonna drop our win prediction for the season from 14-2 to 12-4... Our team seems to be crap now without Tate on offense, and our pass rush sucks without Clemons. It's just what I thought would happen in the off-season but I was hoping I was wrong... seems I'm right.
How can you possibly think that a team with a crap offense and no pass rush can finish 12-4? The NFL is a brutal league and we have a tough schedule. If we finish 12-4 it will be because a lot of the things you are worried about worked out for us; if it doesn't then you should lower those expectations to the 5-11 or 6-8 range..

Well if Seattle doesn't pitch a shut out and put up 40+ points it means we're crap by Tokadub standards... Absolute perfection or nothing...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tokadub":zm63nlsg said:
Our Offensive Line is crap just like 90% of us predicted when we didn't draft anyone other than Justin Britt when it seemed like we should focused OUR ENTIRE DRAFT ON OFFENSIVE LINE...

Should've drafted 9 offensive linemen to compete for the one open position we had on our line.

Championship.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Sealake80":3d7rcvfa said:
Drunk in Praha? I lived there... And I'm jealous. If I was drunk in Praha it would be Gambrinus that I was drinking awe... I miss Praha. If I was there then I definitely would stay out of the we suck with out Tate area. :|
What I'm drinking now as I post:

And earlier tonight, we took a cruise of some beer pubs. Our favorite was U Uzudhu in Prague 5 (?). Had an excellent non-pasteurized dark beer (czesky leska).

The trick is to find a bar with the game on tomorrow. I've asked a few and they just gave me blank stares.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411253842031.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411253842031.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,060

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
A very expected post coming from toke2manydubs.

Honestly, I think the team has lost some of the edge that we saw pretty much every game last season. Throughout the preseason and even the Packers game (where we won convincingly), the team has just looked kind of flat. I am hoping that losing to the Chargers was a bit of a wake up call for the team. We'll find out tomorrow.

As far as our personnel goes, I think losing Tate stings a little, but the bigger losses so far have been looking like Clemons and Big Red. It's still too early to tell whether we'll be missing Giacomini as well, considering both Okung and Britt seemed to get abused against SD. I am hoping Bennett steps up his game in the coming weeks. I have been underwhelmed with him so far this season.

I think OP might be on to something with the question "We lost our mojo?" but I honestly don't think it has THAT much to do with personnel as it does attitude, concentration and complacency. You could argue that Earl Thomas is one of the most competitive, focused and talented players in the league - let alone our team - and even he said that after the Chargers game his hunger came back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -chargers/

“I think I definitely got my championship spirit back after that loss; my crave, my hunger, and my desire to be unstoppable back,” Thomas said. “I don’t think I lost it but after that game I was like, ‘dang, something just hit me,’ and I just been focused ever since and it feel so good just to be feeling like this.”

If this is how one of our greatest spiritual warriors and leaders on the field feels, I have to think the same vibe might have been going through the entire locker room. It's easy to get complacent when you're on top.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
OK I have no idea why I decided to post that last night when I was ridiculously drunk...

Here's an edited version even though I still got a wicked hangover:

I have some concerns about our receiving core's ability to jump up and make tough catches in traffic. Tate really excelled in that area, he could make great adjustments to find the ball (sometimes while in mid-air). I'm not sure if we have a guy who can do it quite as well now that we lost Tate.

This is pretty much Tate in air:

[youtube]uLOMdddg11A[/youtube]

OK... maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but he was pretty sick in the air. I've already noticed a few plays that I think Tate could of made when our other receivers failed to do so.

Haha never saw this one before:

[youtube]Fg-76xzGABE[/youtube]

Tate was definitely a goofball, and I have no idea what I was talking about with receiver penalties that's pure drunken nonsense.

It's worth noting though that Tate has more receiving yards (150) than our two leading receivers combined.

Kearse is suprisingly leading the team with 69 yards. Harvin and Miller are tied with 64 yards.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/playe ... asontype/2
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/nam ... e-seahawks

Tate also has a long of 44 yards which is better than any of our receivers so far. Harvin and Lockette both have longs of 33 yards.

I'm still concerned with our offensive line particularly Okung, he seems to be really struggling so far. I'm hoping the O-Line plays better against Denver but I'm not counting on it.

I'm also concerned with our Pass Rush but it's too early to tell for sure if it's a serious problem. I think losing Clemons could really hurt us. But we'll see how we do tomorrow, if we can't get a few sacks on the Peyton Manning statue then we could be in trouble.

I will need to think some more if I really think we're gonna lose to Denver, I'll make a prediction later tonight.

minormillikin

Reaction score
So, what you are saying is that you wrote "should of" when you were cold sober?

:thirishdrinkers: