"We want the ball" game on Thursday at midnight

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I always forget about the amazing play Hutch made in that game. Inside the 10 yard line, the ball gets tipped up in the air, Hutch snags it and lunges forward to keep the drive alive. Such a heads-up play by an O-lineman.

Msfann

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":kkr7gdux said:
Spoiler alert: We lost. I have no interest in watching that again.

This, I'll never forget the season ending like that.

All Seahawk losses are immediately erased from my brain. I don't even know why I still keep a copy of XL around.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bigcc":p9afekx9 said:
Aros":p9afekx9 said:
If only Bannister had run the route Hass expected him to.

wtf was bannister even doing in the game in OT?
Injury to someone IIRC though at my age I may not. And yeah, Bannister ran the wrong route. I always loved Hass for not throwing the guy under the bus after the game to the media. Class.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
In my gut I knew right when I heard..."we want the ball and we're going to score" we were screwed!!!
Game over!!! :177692:

dunceface

Reaction score
I'm watching right up until OT starts...

Like someone else said, it doesn't hurt nearly as much more that we have a Lombardi

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I keep seeing passing downs where Matt has all day, finds nobody open and throws it away. Can't help but wonder what Russ would have done with that oline.

dunceface

Reaction score
smashmouth59":2z0owwks said:
I keep seeing passing downs where Matt has all day, finds nobody open and throws it away. Can't help but wonder what Russ would have done with that oline.

seriously

BlueBlood

Reaction score
That was such an aweful way to lose. Had we beaten the Steelers in the bowl I'd have fonder memory of the Holmgren and Hass era. The highlight of Hasselbecks career came with taking a 7-9 team and playing very well and eliminating the Saints. I'll always love Hass for what he was, but he was never the ideal QBOTF.

davidonmi

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3owejg3r said:
Koren Robinson with a key drop. Should have been a TD.
Drops were brutal in that game. Hass got nearly no help. I know it's hard to say this on a game where he threw the losing pick, but that was one of his best games as a seahawk

davidonmi

Reaction score
Of course he drops all the easy stuff and then catches that getting hit right as the ball got there. Good old Korran

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Big play by Hutchinson there catching the deflection and taking it to the half yard line.

davidonmi

Reaction score
It was a miracle we were even in that game, remember we finished 2-7 away from Seattle that year (the real difference between holmy and pete)

dunceface

Reaction score
Godfrey had that ass way behind the line on that 4th down :/