Webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
I know, and you've said that since day one. I will admit I have a hard time listening to others bash my team then as soon as I stick up for them, they start bashing the poster with rude comments and name calling. I need to stay away from there, but sometimes it's just so damn entertaining.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":11okr7zt said:
I know, and you've said that since day one. I will admit I have a hard time listening to others bash my team then as soon as I stick up for them, they start bashing the poster with rude comments and name calling. I need to stay away from there, but sometimes it's just so damn entertaining.

LOL. :D

I feel ya.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1j0w2d9s said:
Time to play taps, TAB....

Seriously, give this webzone ban a funeral and let it rest. Go stir up trouble on the Cardinals board instead... they're the ones who'll be a legit threat to win the division this year. ;)

You are right, I just stated this in another post. I've always been the guy who went after the bully. That's not the Niners anymore, even if there forum tries to act like they still are....I'm calling it.

OrFan

Reaction score
TAB420":1u7v9mvs said:
The_Z_Man":1u7v9mvs said:
Time to play taps, TAB....

Seriously, give this webzone ban a funeral and let it rest. Go stir up trouble on the Cardinals board instead... they're the ones who'll be a legit threat to win the division this year. ;)

You are right, I just stated this in another post. I've always been the guy who went after the bully. That's not the Niners anymore, even if there forum tries to act like they still are....I'm calling it.

That team, and their fans, is so pathetic that one might consider himself the bully if he said anything other than "sorry :("
They will not come into play as contenders for the division, let alone anything else, for at least a few more years.

Time to have fun with the team closest to us in the division, the Cards.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TAB420":2uyeo6li said:
One could ask the same of you. Why do you come here and comment on every 49'ers post.
Because he can do so without getting banned for being an enemy poster.

We can't say the same for the Webzone.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3vmc5yiz said:
TAB420":3vmc5yiz said:
One could ask the same of you. Why do you come here and comment on every 49'ers post.
Because he can do so without getting banned for being an enemy poster.

We can't say the same for the Webzone.

That was my point. The reason I dragged the post back here to talk about it was, I couldn't were it was originally posted.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":a7c617kz said:
TAB420":a7c617kz said:
Your defense is not having the balls to stick up for yourself? If no one said what they said to me, I would have responded in like fashion. Don't baite people then act surprised if they decide to bite. Besides, I'm ovet that, but I thought that post was to good not to pass on. I don't care how much I hate a team, it's never the same to have another team beat them...That's just reaching. I know plenty of poster here who go over and read some of the post there, just for laughs. I only posted that one due to it being so pitiful.

You were baited. No question. I said that they were rude to you.

All I'm sayin' is that I don't respond the way you did even when I'm baited. You weren't banned because you defended yourself. You were banned because of the WAY you defended yourself.

I'm not defending the ban. That's really not for me to judge...all I'm sayin' is that you are kinda complaining here about not wanting to sugar coat stuff and how its not fair that you responded in kind to insults and then are using Popeye and myself as comparisons to how the way you were banned doesn't happen here.

Well Popeye and myself don't respond to insults the way you did. We've never said anything like that even when we've seen MUCH, MUCH worse thrown our way. We ALWAYS sugar coat what we are saying because we are aware we are guests on another teams forum. I don't expect to be able to take the same liberties that another poster would take so I don't even attempt to push those boundaries.

I'm sure tons of peeps here find me annoying, but I don't think any of them could say truthfully that I'm insulting.
Annoying is a nice way to put it. 8)

chris98251

Reaction score
I for one monitor this forum pretty well, I tend to interject, or PM when I see the slippery slope starting to both the opposition and our own, granted I give our own some room but still will clip things off if they cross our established lines. Marv and Popeye know where their lines are as well as some others, they understand things and we are able to have conversations.

They know it's not a level playing field and that we will let our Seahawks brethren defend and argue points, short of going after the opposition Shack style. They expect a certain amount of push back as they should, but give credit where credit is due, they weather it and are and have in my mind worked themselves into a valuable member of this community as has RedAlice and Ringless, Guido and some others.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
chris98251":3otkipva said:
I for one monitor this forum pretty well, I tend to interject, or PM when I see the slippery slope starting to both the opposition and our own, granted I give our own some room but still will clip things off if they cross our established lines. Marv and Popeye know where their lines are as well as some others, they understand things and we are able to have conversations.

They know it's not a level playing field and that we will let our Seahawks brethren defend and argue points, short of going after the opposition Shack style. They expect a certain amount of push back as they should, but give credit where credit is due, they weather it and are and have in my mind worked themselves into a valuable member of this community as has RedAlice and Ringless, Guido and some others.

Well said, I also like the fact that the mods here will warn others when things are getting to heated. That's all anyone can ask for. All boards are different, even the other Niner's board seems way more user friendly than the webzone, and just because our board welcomes the opinion of others(within limits) doesn't mean all boards will. I really like it here, not just because it's a Seahawks board, but also due to the way the mods run things.........You guys rock... :229031_victory:

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":9mu4kmem said:

:D

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm sure tons of peeps here find me annoying, but I don't think any of them could say truthfully that I'm insulting.

That would be affirmative but as I said up thread I have no issue with you and what Chris just posted is pretty much all our thoughts because we work on consensus to make sure our personal bias doesn't factor into ban worthy situations.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":2v3ranoe said:
I can say it, but I'm a narcissistic sociopath.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39iea0pl said:
Marvin49":39iea0pl said:
Is that the new term for asshat?

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":f6h69l3d said:
RolandDeschain":f6h69l3d said:
Marvin49":f6h69l3d said:

No Jo, it would be elitist Asshat, he is using multi syllable scrabble words can't you tell.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":2npyu2ky said:
MizzouHawkGal":2npyu2ky said:
RolandDeschain":2npyu2ky said:
Marvin49":2npyu2ky said:

No Jo, it would be elitist Asshat, he is using multi syllable scrabble words can't you tell.
Yeah, I could but I was trying to use a word that wouldn't Shack the whole thread.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The webzone doesn't have a smack shack and that is fine. The problem is they treat their main and NFL forums as if they are smack shacks but only for the 9er fans. If you reply in kind you are a troll and quickly banned.

The other problem I see is they don't appear to give much warning or chance to correct the action. The mods in here would not only warn you in a message but would also notate the thread for you to check your messages.

It creates a very unhealthy environment IMO. They are fostering childish behavior from their posters and punishing anyone who challenges it. Not really promoting NFL discussion but rather has just simply become a romper room mentality or a place to vent.

It can be entertaining to watch Elguapo or Y2R display their ignorance. Especially when someone like Cdpile (something like that) politely and thoroughly dissects their tantrums. Lisa has also been doing a valiant job at times. For the most part though it really reads like a high school click of kids more interested in bashing opponents and their fans than actually rooting for their own team or having actual football conversations.

original poster

Reaction score
chris98251":2v9fmnnk said:

Agree fully.

Having these guys on our forum makes it a better place, no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.