Wednesday practice report.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Did Not Participate in Practice: CB Brandon Browner (Groin), DT Tony McDaniel (Hamstring), CB Richard Sherman (Hip), DE Chris Clemons (Not Injury Related)

Limited Participation in Practice: FB Derrick Coleman (Hamstring), WR Percy Harvin (Hip), C Max Unger (Concussion), RB Marshawn Lynch (Knee), DT Jordan Hill (Biceps), LB Heath Farwell (Knee), DE Red Bryant (Concussion), S Kam Chancellor (Hip)

Full Participation in Practice: T Breno Giacomini (Knee), S Jeron Johnson (Hamstring), LB Bruce Irvin (Shoulder)

Sherman!!!???? Crap! Don't see Okung on this list either. I highly doubt Mr. Glass will be playing this weekend.

The Outfield

Reaction score
That is a dang long list. Hopefully a lot of it is just resting players.

5gohawks5

Reaction score
It seems as though they tend to do this stuff this late in the season on wednesday practice with certain players. My guess is they are resting. I wouldn't be too worried :180670:

MattR92

Reaction score
Okung's not on there because he hasn't been activated yet.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2yk4uu2z said:
What about Okung?
I highly doubt "Mr Glass" will play this weekend. Bailey needs more reps, and who knows, maybe he wins the job from him? Always compete.

kidhawk

Reaction score
MattR92":1ji7jttc said:
Okung's not on there because he hasn't been activated yet.

This is correct. Until a player is activated they don't go on the report

[urltargetblank]http://seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Also, I wouldn't freak out about any player not participating today. it's late in the season and as the season progresses, you see guys sit a practice or two to help heal small issues. Today's report doesn't really mean anything until we match it with Friday's

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't think Okung is eligible until week 12. please correct this if I am mistaken. Good to see Breno in full practice and I wouldn't much worry about the others, with the exception of Harvin.

Speaking with a Viking fan / friend this morning, he "guarantees Harvin will play in Sunday's game". LOL. I'm like...well what makes you so sure? And he says..."Oh, believe me, I know". Goofball.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
If I heard correctly, he has until Friday to be activated.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2aqu5cra said:
But Curtis Crabtree that Okung was going to practice today?
He can practice while still on IR. He has to be activated before playing a game.

jkitsune

Reaction score
As others have said, Okung is not listed because he hasn't been activated. This is similar to Harvin's status the last several weeks, when he was not listed as "full participant" the day he practiced, was not "out" the days he didn't, etc. A more reliable indicator would be quotes from PC or other news outlets that commented whether he practiced. You won't find him on the lists, likely until Friday (PC seems to wait until the last moment to make decisions re: injuries and IR).

Hawks46

Reaction score
From what Pete said, Okung was ready to practice before Giacommini was. I think he just got left off; probably practiced.

Either way, Breno is a full go. That's good, now we only have to replace one Tackle at worst. I'm not too worried about Sherman; he finished the ATL game and we were really far ahead.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 18m

Richard Sherman says his hip is good and he will practice today.

Don't read too much into Wednesday injury reports.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":j88s5cj5 said:
From what Pete said, Okung was ready to practice before Giacommini was. I think he just got left off; probably practiced.

Either way, Breno is a full go. That's good, now we only have to replace one Tackle at worst. I'm not too worried about Sherman; he finished the ATL game and we were really far ahead.

Sherman was actually on the sidelines at the end of the Atlanta game. I didn't see it as an injury issue though, just that the game was completely in hand. Not really too concerned about this at the moment. If he doesn't practice all week I'll be more concerned, but day off is nothing to worry over.

As for Okung, he was left off, but it wasn't by accident. League rules mandate that anyone on the roster who is injured or doesn't practice for whatever reason MUST be listed in the report. It's not something that can "just be left off". With players like Okung and previously Harvin, they aren't on the active roster, so they can't be added to the report.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
kidhawk":3jybiqds said:
Hawks46":3jybiqds said:

Sherman was actually on the sidelines at the end of the Atlanta game. I didn't see it as an injury issue though, just that the game was completely in hand. Not really too concerned about this at the moment. If he doesn't practice all week I'll be more concerned, but day off is nothing to worry over.

As for Okung, he was left off, but it wasn't by accident. League rules mandate that anyone on the roster who is injured or doesn't practice for whatever reason MUST be listed in the report. It's not something that can "just be left off". With players like Okung and previously Harvin, they aren't on the active roster, so they can't be added to the report.

So in other words, the Hawks still have a cut to make for Okung.

AgentDib

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":1uszwgoz said:
Oh that reminds me, Schneider needs to see you in his office for a minute Zagnut.

kidhawk

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":8edg8d0l said:
kidhawk":8edg8d0l said:
Hawks46":8edg8d0l said:

Yes, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Hauptmann get cut and clear waivers and end up on the practice squad