Week 4 Injury Reports -- Marshawn & Mebane OUT

Alexander

Reaction score
kearly":37czt1tc said:
Andy Dalton is in the midst of a career year, and 10am on the road is going to be a huge test for the defense. We might need the offense to score 30+ to win that game, so it makes sense to rest Lynch and hope for the best next week.

The last thing you want behind our crappy OL is an injured RB. Even if Lynch did suit up, Rawls would probably outplay him this week.

Also, if there's a week when you can afford to miss Mebane, it's this week. The Lions barely ever run the ball, and when they do, they suck at it.

Gametime

Reaction score
With the way Hill and Rawls played..... I think we are fine and Mebane and Beast can keep getting healthy and reduce the workload. I'm not worried at all and that feels so weird to say. But last week I gained confidence for the first time ever that we can at least have a serviceable run game sans Lynch. Jackson and Rawls look good. Had Rawls caught that little pass to the flat he could easily have had 140-150 all purpose yards. Now he has confidence and knows he can do this in the NFL too? I see a good game on Monday night and can't wait to see it! Taking the kids to their FIRST game at the Clink.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Don't like having Bane and Marshawn out, but nothing we can do about it. Hope Hill and Rawls step up in place of our regulars.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
kearly":dfi1vhdv said:
Andy Dalton is in the midst of a career year, and 10am on the road is going to be a huge test for the defense. We might need the offense to score 30+ to win that game, so it makes sense to rest Lynch and hope for the best next week.

The last thing you want behind our crappy OL is an injured RB. Even if Lynch did suit up, Rawls would probably outplay him this week.

Agreed, and frankly I was hoping they didn't play him this week. Marshawn will be there when we need him, and young Mr. Rawls seems to get it. I'm anxious to see how he can build upon last week's performance.

kidhawk

Reaction score
We really seem banged up for so early in the season this year. I hope we are able to turn it around for the stretch and the playoffs and get healthy.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
I love Lynch.
He is so much of the heart, soul, and attitude of the team we've been rooting for the past few years.

But there's also something in me that's excited to see what Rawls can continue to do and to see something/someone fresh and different than ML.

jblaze

Reaction score
I'm not terribly concerned with Lynch and Mebane. The fact that they were questionable so late into the week means they're not long term issues and hopefully they will be back next week.

On a side note, Lynch just hasn't seemed like himself this year. I don't really see the hard running like in the past and obviously the production isn't there. I'm interested to see if Rawls can be consistent enough to rely on. He could be a huge steal for us.

It seems to me that we're relying more on the pass game and up tempo offense more than in years past. Part of that is our slow starts and being behind, but I also think it's a philosophical shift.

Given the Hawk's dislike for using first round picks, I wonder if this is Lynch's last year if we use it to trade for an established RB or maybe draft one high. There's a couple that may be worth a first round pick, ie Fournette or Chubb.

ivotuk

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":1s9yzum8 said:
The return of Josh Wilson! I was so pissed when Pete traded him haha

me too. I understand Pete's point of view, but he's a good DB in this league, something we are short on right now. And his punt returns were fun to watch. Wondering how he ranks now as corner? Slot or outside?

Basis4day

Reaction score
jblaze":16pohbc2 said:
I'm not terribly concerned with Lynch and Mebane. The fact that they were questionable so late into the week means they're not long term issues and hopefully they will be back next week.

On a side note, Lynch just hasn't seemed like himself this year. I don't really see the hard running like in the past and obviously the production isn't there. I'm interested to see if Rawls can be consistent enough to rely on. He could be a huge steal for us.

It seems to me that we're relying more on the pass game and up tempo offense more than in years past. Part of that is our slow starts and being behind, but I also think it's a philosophical shift.

Given the Hawk's dislike for using first round picks, I wonder if this is Lynch's last year if we use it to trade for an established RB or maybe draft one high. There's a couple that may be worth a first round pick, ie Fournette or Chubb.

FYI: Fournette isn't eligible until 2017 draft, absent a change to the bylaws.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":hwk1rduw said:
Blitzer88":hwk1rduw said:
Don't like having Bane and Marshawn out, but nothing we can do about it. Hope Hill and Rawls step up in place of our regulars.

Wow, what a strangely level-headed response to some bad injury news from you here, Blitzer. Are you feeling alright man?

I have my moments.