Welker destroyed on Kam's interception

Cartire

Reaction score
kearly":nbagj9ny said:
It's clearly shoulder to helmet. I'm honestly surprised anyone could see it any other way. As far as Earl letting up, he leaves his feet to uncork Welker, so I'm not really buying that argument either.

As Scotte points out, we've seen other LOB members get flagged for big hits that were actually legal. I think Seattle definitely caught a break here and benefited from a ref crew that let both teams play.

Don't get me wrong, I love the play though. Earl is not a dirty player and I'm sure he didn't intend for that play to turn out the way it did, he just missed high in the strikezone. He is in position to make a play and usually he will make it correctly. And though I have no malice against Welker, it is so much fun watching our back seven blow him the hell up every time he plays us.

hmmm, Kearly. You may be hitting the sauce a bit early. Or not early enough. Which ever one applies. But there is nothing CLEAR about that hit at all from any of the shown angles. If anything. On the second angle, it looks as if it was pretty clean. But regardless, It does not CLEARLY show a hit to the helmet. Im surprised by your take on this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":10ma4v8w said:
Tical21":10ma4v8w said:
I saw this during the game. I didn't think anything of it. Earl was going a million miles an hour. He didn't lower himself in any way, and I thought he completely eased up. He was going so fast that contact was inevitable and since Welker wasn't looking, he went down like a sack of potatoes. I guarantee you Welker doesn't think it was a dirty hit.

I don't know man, saw some comments on Twitter from media types, apparently Welker was livid on the sidelines afterwards he didn't get a flag from that.
When you play the way Welker plays, he should be the LAST guy bitching about a hit.
If he doesn't like it then his Molly popping ass needs to retire!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I have been a closet Welker fan for years. The production the man has had year after year has been simply amazing. "He's tougher than a 2$ steak" (thanks, J. Gruden). That said, I liked some of the previous hits the LOB laid on him.

Yesterday, watching him on the sidelines after that hit, I kinda just felt sorry for him. He had his mouth open, staring off into space with a goofy half-grin on his face. Honestly, he should be worried. Concussions are cumulative. I don't think he can take much more and retain any semblance of normal brain function.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
I thought I heard Aqib Talib mumbling something about "karma, she's a mean lady" when the Denver defense ran onto the field after that play??? I may have been mistaken though, as it was hard to hear with all the 12's screaming in the background.

8)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Speaking of that hit; Remember the "Jacked Up" bit they always played every Monday night? Imagine if the pussies in the NFL hadn't cancelled that how many Hawk hits would have been on the show every week for the last 3 seasons? lol.
'Wes Welker, you got JACKED UP!'