Well, apparently "Inside the NFL" hates us too...

ivotuk

Reaction score
The problem with shows perpetuating this myth, is it just makes it easier for perpetuating the calls against the Seahawks, lack of calls against their opponents, the scheduling inequities, etc, etc.

Teams are so close in the NFL, that every tiny little thing is magnified in to big advantages, and as a fan, it gets really tiring to see the BS. Especially the negative BS that is a lie and demonstrates the lack of integrity in the NFL and the media.

On the other hand, I love it when we win anyway, but it's really hard for the players when they have to overcome unfair penalty calls, tough scheduling, and overall bias.

The one call against Cliff Avril for DPI on Gronk, they overlooked Gronk's forearm and elbow to Cliff's throat that pushed his head backwards. That should have been OPI. But we over came that call. But how long can they keep doing it? When does the fatigue begin to set in?

I know one thing, I admire this team, and Coach Carroll more than any other team in history, anywhere, for beating the odds, over and over.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, I might be in the minority, but I WANT people to hate the Hawks and/or make excuses. Just makes it more fun knowing how much they can't stand it when the Hawks win. The only thing that matters is getting the W, regardless how it looks. Losers make excuses, and it seems to be happening a lot the last few years after a Hawks win.
Anyone who actually knows football, knows that it was a great non-call. They let em play, and if anything, Gronk was at fault.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
253hawk":evgoxi2x said:
It was the Pats radio broadcast. The play-by-play guy is alright, but the color guy (Zollack) is a huge homer whiner. He probably thinks Gronk has never committed OPI once in his entire career.

http://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/onair/ ... -15298911/

I thought the guy was great to listen to. Says a few home team things but was pretty complimentary of the Hawks the whole way.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, much love for the Hawks, and of course the home town guy is gonna' say that should be a penalty. That's natural.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":2yrsyhaw said:
There's a reason that we're not inundated w/ Pats fans complaining about the refs... there was no foul by Kam on the play and it's nothing short of obvious that Gronk initiated contact.

Even Gronk said he didn't intend to initiate contact on the play. If he said it, then you know he did it. I'll give the Patriots players some props. Post game, I've not heard any of them whine about that no call at all. Obviously they'd take it if they got it, but none that I've heard have complained about how it should have been called.

I find that media guys tend to make excuses for teams when they have picked them in their weekly picks. A lot of the "experts" claimed there was no way Seattle could win. Instead of manning up and saying they were wrong, some will, instead, make excuses.

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":upsxdn2h said:
Laloosh":upsxdn2h said:
There's a reason that we're not inundated w/ Pats fans complaining about the refs... there was no foul by Kam on the play and it's nothing short of obvious that Gronk initiated contact.

Even Gronk said he didn't intend to initiate contact on the play. If he said it, then you know he did it. I'll give the Patriots players some props. Post game, I've not heard any of them whine about that no call at all. Obviously they'd take it if they got it, but none that I've heard have complained about how it should have been called.

I find that media guys tend to make excuses for teams when they have picked them in their weekly picks. A lot of the "experts" claimed there was no way Seattle could win. Instead of manning up and saying they were wrong, some will, instead, make excuses.
I think Gronk isn't used to having people actually stand up to him. He outweighs most DBs by a bunch, having Kam stand his ground probably surprised him.

Oh, and a final note. I don't know that Kam actually pulled Gronk down much. I think their feet got entangled, which would be incidental contact. ;)

McGruff

Reaction score
sutz":3dsb5hfn said:
McGruff":3dsb5hfn said:
Does anyone have a link to this video? can't seem to find it through online searches.
Here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=131701

Thanks, so I watched it . . . and my conclusion is that you guys are seeing what your fragile, fractured egos want to see. And I understand why you want to see it after the Julio Jones editing fiasco, which was legit BS.

But IMNSHO this video closes with the two teams perspectives. The New England sideline, the Seahawks locker room. That's all. The agony of defeat and the thrill of victory.

12thbrah

Reaction score
There's complaining when calls go against us, there's complaining when calls go for us. Just ignore the noise and be happy about the win and your life will be much less stressful.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
How is that Inside the NFL hating us? Wasn't that just the Pats commentators? Of course they are homers.

I think most everyone who aren't Pats fans agrees that it was a good no call.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Now, the way Boomer acted after the Bills game was pathetic. You would have though that Sherman stabbed the kicker. :roll:

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":29sukht2 said:
How is that Inside the NFL hating us? Wasn't that just the Pats commentators? Of course they are homers.

I think most everyone who aren't Pats fans agrees that it was a good no call.

I guess it would have been more accurate to say the NFL hates us. I don't blame the announcers for being homers, but NFL Films for choosing to edit their highlights in a way that gives a false impression of what the actual consensus of the play was. They manipulated it to make it look like we just win this way every week and aren't actually earning the wins fair and square. So it just adds to the false impression that we're a bunch of dirty cheaters. THAT was my point in the OP. And as far as the NFL hating us, I have a feeling they'd like us to not be so good so we wouldn't be keeping more popular, large ($$$) market teams out of the dance... But that's just a theory of mine.

AVL

Reaction score
Kam might have been guilty of flopping, but they aren't penalizing that yet.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
To me it shows the NFL doesn't care about its Officiating, not one bit. They care about controversy, they care about ratings.

They want the masses to to believe Seahawks are beneficiaries of shoddy officiating that way they can continue to influence games with so much inconsistency and disparity like we've seen in recent years like @ Saints, @ Rams this season, and the Arizona game in Seattle last year, and perhaps this year as well and the Colts game in '13. They all seemed egregious.

NFL wants to drive the narrative, banking on the hot topic controversies, they want games to be competitive, they want the villianized to fall more so than they win.

It is what it is... I'm not saying the NFL is telling officials to "fix" outcomes but I think more than less they'll set priorities of telling their officials to focus on one team more than another team and that alone leads to to officiating getting a bad rap. Most NFL fans don't care about penalties alone... they get more upset when their teams commit ticky rack judgement calls and refs are throwing flags on their team but when the other team is commiting the same or worst and it goes uncalled, that is what generates most the angst from what I've seen.

I think a further example of a biased league and great evidence especially pertaining to the Seahawks is false starts on our home field. Other than that Buffalo gaffe where they were trying to get the kicking ball on the field, we've seen teams be rewarded numerous times to snap the ball 1-2 seconds after the play clock hit zero.

I'm not saying the NFL is egregiously trying to effect games but it seems theyll handicap teams in the sake of competition. Especially a team like Seattle who has the talent to roll when they obtain momentum and one that has the reputation of playing as close to the gray area of the rules as possible.

As seemingly I think we as fans see it more often than the mass, and that's why the NFL can constantly get away of handicapping Seattle. The casual NFL fans believes Seattle gets all the calls, part of which because the national narrative and the NFL continues to drive that narrative any chance they can get.

When we know as fans who watch and dissect every game on perhaps a play to play basis there is huge disparity and a lot of games where the officiating is so inconsistent in calling the same penalties or more blatant fouls on the opposing teams in Seahawks games.

tom95

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":1tgjxf31 said:
Remember when the Madden era Raiders became the evil bad boys of the time. I gotta give credit to their fans for accepting and perpetuating it. I think when you name your defense the "Legion" of Boom, aren't you kind of asking for the bad boys tag? Why not embrace it, it's good to be hated, lol. :rumble: :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:
Absolutely correct. And we should embrace it. We are relevant and there are many teams in the league that wish they were.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1m9ftd0g said:
...I don't care about being hated. I just don't want a false narrative to cost us in key games.

I kind of agree but bad play calling has hurt us more than bad officiating.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xkx54bft said:
Now, the way Boomer acted after the Bills game was pathetic. You would have though that Sherman stabbed the kicker. :roll:

Yeah what a blow hard. Now, ego aside, I think Boomer is usually pretty astute and has given us plenty of props in the past but how he saw that Sherman play was shocking to me. I like how Brandon defended Sherman there. Most intelligent NFL people saw the play for what it was...That's why I was surprised that Boomer took such a negative position.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Much-maligned, media villain (win or lose - we're damned if we do, damned if we don't), 'bad guys', 'mean', 'tough team but with flawed character', rabid fan base that 'makes opposing teams and fans feel uncomfortable'.

:hmmmm:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's fun seeing our team become the villains. Let's embrace it and dominate.

We are the Negan of the NFL now