Well, apparently "Inside the NFL" hates us too...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":3l2kgqvg said:
jammerhawk":3l2kgqvg said:
As long as the team wins big games like the Patriots game, the mediots all can all hate the Seahawks. I could give a flying frig.

I'm getting to the stage of not listening to the talking heads and simply not letting them remotely affect my sense of how the game I went to or watched went. Frequently many of them have an an agenda and are not unbiased.

It's hard enough watching the NFL wi the interminable commercials, without having to listen to some biased dork tell me what I should think about the results of what I saw. I do like honest analysis however.

The refereeing in the last game was, at last, mostly right and there were only a few calls that I disagreed with, but that last call was absolutely right. As well, I frankly think the league needs to reduce the rule book and it's complexity while trying to create some consistency from crew to crew because it seems like a crapshoot week to week. It makes it hard for players to understand what is legal or not.

In the end I'm a hardcore homer so I'm seriously biased.

Missing the point of the OP though. Every 'mediot' as you say, in the nation sans Skip Bayless said it was a good non call or if anything OPI.

For some reason the 'NFL' chose to frame it differently from the world.

So funny that you have the patriots announcers saying 'obvious PI with officials looking right at it.'

On the Seahawk side Raible says Gronk pushed off immediately during the play. Raibs got it right.

Raible's Call
http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/11/13/raible-call-game-final-defensive-play

Smellyman:

I don't believe Raible is a 'mediot'. There is a difference between those who talk out of their rear-ends and those who discuss a position sensibly. Maybe you misunderstood my post because I did say I thought the call was dead right and actually for the most part thought the refereeing in the Pats game was pretty good, with few bad calls. Bayliss, Prisco, the NFL network all the Boston area media and quite a few other talking heads of course took the other position. For those others that took the last play as a bad 'no penalty call' they were wrong and talking out of bias or nonsense unrelated to reality. My post was more of a generic 'I could give a crap about media reports when they are made w/o thought'. Think we all here need to hit the ignore button more often at times, but each to their own.

There were a lot of smart football minds who said it was a good non-call, their analysis was thoughtful and even handed. There was a lot of contact on the play and both players did things that were possibly questionable but neither deserving of a penalty as called on the field. Gronk pushed off, and Kam may have held a bit, it happened bang bang and within 5 yards of the LOS or very close to that, so some contact is allowed, measuring it's legality is subjective and I believe was correctly called by the referees.

Just felt I should respond

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":112uewhn said:
It's not about who doesn't "like" us or a "conspiracy." It's recognizing that the NFL packages its entertainment in a certain way. The pattern is they want the Seahawks to be the Iron Sheik of the league.

They count on better ratings come playoffs and Super Bowl if the casual fan has someone to root AGAINST. It's pure numbers. For the big game, way more NFL fans will have no vested interest. It's likely that the chance to see a "villain" fail will lure a good chunk of those casual fans.

The OP points out specific choices made regarding which audio and video clips are shown. That's not whining and it's not martyrdom. That's paying attention to a narrative being constructed with intent.

Does it have to matter to us fans? Not one bit. Is there any reason to dismiss the observation? Not at all.

This.

And well said. :2thumbs:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't think the NFL hates us. Most fan bases probably think that the NFL hates their team.

If they chose Raible's call, then wouldn't that be the same? Raible said Gronk pushed off on Kam. Which is true. But Kam also put his hands on Gronk. If you believe a no-call was the right call, then you believe that either both players committed fouls or neither player committed fouls.

Both guys put hands on each other, and no call is the right call there. And obviously both local announcers are going to call the game the way they did. It's in their nature.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Don't mean to be a jerk, but it seems as though this thread has turned into us whining about other people whining. I used to HATE that about niner fans.

There have been a few questionable calls that went our way at the end of games. We know that there were plenty of questionable calls that were not in our favor, so it evens out, no reason to care.

There is no conspiracy coming from the top levels. That would KILL the NFL and turn it into a laughing stock. Look at the superbowl where we blew out the broncos, or the fact we just beat the pats at home in golden boys world beating season.

Let it go guys, don't be a niner fan.

Polaris

Reaction score
I am old enough to remember the Raiders of the 1970s and 1980s, the "bad boys" of the NFL.

We are that team of the 2010's....the team that the rest of the nation loves to hate. Get used to it.

P.S. You can't have this title (and to be fair the Patriots have it as well), unless you are really, really, *really* good as well.