Well here we are again.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Welcome, brother. I do have a soft spot for fans of teams that have yet to win the big dance. Minny fans remain humble in the good years because they've seen tragedy and know it can happen at any point. I still can see Gary Anderson and Blair Walsh missing those FG's.

Anyway, hope its a hard fought game with few if any injuries. Kind of hoping Minny takes down the Packers so GB ends up traveling. Hate having to potentially go to Lambeau in winter for any reason. But for this week, I hope Kirk reverts to September form.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Greetings Eternal Purple. I have lived in Minneapolis since 1991 so I am very familiar with the Minnesota Vikings team and it’s history. I respect Zimmer and the Vikings do Everything with a reasonable amount of competency. Run offense pass offense run defense pass defense . Many quality players at most positions. About three weeks ago I predicted the Vikings would win the rest of their games with one or two exceptions. This Seahawks game and the Chargers game (Road/Grass/unpredictable opponent/trap game with the Pack on deck).

Last year the Vikings held Russell Wilson to his lowest output of passing yards in his career (72 I believe) yet they still lost. In fact, Minnesota is 0-5 against Russ and I have attended each of those games.

Minnesota is capable of winning on Monday but winning in Seattle against Russell Wilson in prime time in December seems like a very tall order . Good luck the rest of the way I’ll be pulling for you to win the division .

OP
OP
E

eternalpurple

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've been a Vikings fan for over fifty years and watch every SB. The pain is not quite as sharp now that what isn't gone is grey. But it's been a life long quest and the years are now against me. As far as this game goes you guys are tough and twice as tough on us. In Seattle we will need the refs to look at us and see the Packers to pull this one off. But here is to a hard game fought game and no injury's.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Amen. I was a Vikings fan before my beloved Seahawks came into existence. Had an Ahmad Rashad jersey I would wear and was quite fond of. I always root for the Vikings if their game(s) don't have a direct impact on the Seahawks. Good luck to you (after Monday of course).

olyfan63

Reaction score
My ex inlaws are from Twin Cities and big Vikings fans. I am still in shock that Favre threw that stupid INT in the NFCCG years ago. And what can you say about that 15-1 season that ended a game too early. Kirk Cousins is 1-1 against Russell Wilson in the NFL, and 1-1 against him in college. So Russell is going to have to be on his game to avoid falling behind to his old rival.

xray

Reaction score
To be honest; if the Vikes can get there and some how win the SB ...it was a long time coming ... and they will earn it too .

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm nervous about the Vikes TBF.

Reasons for being nervous:

The Vikes have been clicking since that come to Jesus meeting (or whatever it was) sparked by Diggs/Thielen saying stuff that got out in public. A lot of times, teams explode, but the Vikes seem to have taken it as positive criticism and have been on a roll since.

The Vikes also have shown ability to come back from being asleep in the first half (see Denver). They aren't going to be one of those teams that'll flash early and then succumb, which has been SOP for us more games than not. Unwise to succumb to our own tendencies for a slow start against an opponent like this.

Finally, the Vikes appear healthier. While Clowney is expected back, he's said he's dealing with an injury that he's holding off on surgery for.

That said, Kirk is more a traditional QB that we have done better against. Would like to see more Shaquem speed rush, Ansah stepping it up, no one standing down just because we now have Clowney. We are gonna need help more than him,not just for this game but for the rest. We're ranked 16 in DVOA vs 10 for them as of 11/26.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Minny absolutely can win this game. Their front four is stout, they can run the ball and they have been getting solid QB play. Pretty much all you need.

I'm just hoping the 12's and Primetime give us the needed edge. On a neutral field this game is a push.

OP
OP
E

eternalpurple

Reaction score
Generally speaking when the Vikings get there bye week one is just not enough so they treat themselves to two. Pretty much what I'm expecting Monday night.......................By the way I don't come here very often but you guys have the best board on the net. Very well done.

Maulbert

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1q5qfa5w said:

I'm not. The only team they've beaten with a winning record is the Raiders. They barely beat a Cowboys team that hasn't beaten a team with a winning record and was throttled by Green Bay and Buffalo. The rest of their wins are over the Falcons, Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Lions, and Broncos.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
eternalpurple":gusuiy6q said:
Generally speaking when the Vikings get there bye week one is just not enough so they treat themselves to two. Pretty much what I'm expecting Monday night.......................By the way I don't come here very often but you guys have the best board on the net. Very well done.

Thank you for the kind compliment.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":3gt2mrw9 said:
SantaClaraHawk":3gt2mrw9 said:

I'm not. The only team they've beaten with a winning record is the Raiders. They barely beat a Cowboys team that hasn't beaten a team with a winning record and was throttled by Green Bay and Buffalo. The rest of their wins are over the Falcons, Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Lions, and Broncos.

You could use the same argument against us. Our one big win was against the 9ers, the next best against the Rams, both by missed FGs. Against two for-sure playoff contenders, we lost and both by more than the usual win margin.

It of course is well possible that we will win against them, but their strength-of-schedule is in fact similar to us.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
First of all, yall have a nice stadium. A couple of us visited that one after a brief opener in Packerville. I missed a meeting with an old friend but oh well, things happen.

What do you think of your QB? See NFL Nation section of our site for the reason for my question.

As been said, hope for no injuries and a great battle between frozen foes.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":40im47p3 said:
First of all, yall have a nice stadium. A couple of us visited that one after a brief opener in Packerville. I missed a meeting with an old friend but oh well, things happen.

What do you think of your QB? See NFL Nation section of our site for the reason for my question.

As been said, hope for no injuries and a great battle between frozen foes.

Yes, visit the NFL Nation area on this board and weigh in on Cousins. Inquiring minds (like mine) want to know about Kirk Cousins; "Leader of Men", or "Just another stiff"?
Cousins beat us at home a few years back with a banged-up Redskins team that had no business even being in the game, much less winning. Four OL starters out. And it was multiple big-time throws by Cousins, near the end of the game, under heavy pressure, that did it. NFL Network has a nice video piece on it here. My hope is that Russell Wilson remembers this game *vividly* and is determined to return the favor to Cousins. Like he did in the Big 10 championship game in college.

[youtube]00AMo5gIRtU[/youtube]

seahawksny

Reaction score
eternalpurple":fhji34bs said:
Those damn Seahawks.

Your team always scares me.
Never an easy out
I've always felt a lot in common with the Vikings as they are a team that was always like Seattle in "almost there" until the Carroll regime.

Cook scares me a little and I love thielen as well. Going to be a good one.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'd like the Vikings a lot in this game if it wasn't a prime time home game for us. We have been absolutely dominant in the Carroll/Wilson era in night home prime tame games.

That said, I think this one comes down to the last possession.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm cool with the Vikes. I disliked them for a long time, but their fans as a whole seem to have gotten less arrogant and more chill in recent years; no idea why that is. Cousins is also one of my favorite QBs in the league and I'd really like to see him shake that reputation of not being a big-time QB, although not against us.

I also feel kind of bad for them, because (I'd assume) most of their fans are Gopher fans too, and I really would have liked to have seen their great season validated with a conference championship appearance. I also would have enjoyed that more as a Buckeye fan, not because I think it would have been an easier matchup, but I want to see an interesting game, and we already obliterated Wisconsin once this season.

The Seahawks have been dominant in prime time games, but I'm not looking at it as anything resembling easy, and any fan who thinks it will be a blowout is deluding themselves. We've played everyone close this year. Our +29 scoring differential is shocking considering a 9-2 record, not being destroyed on the scoreboard in either loss, and playing six games against teams with losing records (and another two against current 6-5 teams). It really speaks to how consistently close these games have been. We've been debating on here all season whether that matters, and I think most would agree that it doesn't really if we keep winning, but what it does do, is decrease our margin of error if somebody makes an uncharacteristically egregious mistake late. It wouldn't be shocking if the Vikings have a legitimate chance to win late, but hopefully they wouldn't be able to capitalize, similar to the Niners and Rams, who both blew their late chance.

Latest posts