We're Saved !!! O-Line "Nailed"

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Seymour":1w8e32ky said:
Yes, you could blow holes in all ideas with conjecture. Exactly why I rarely fall for these trap questions.

Anyway, is what it is, and they are working to improve the sh!t show last year exposed. Time will tell if it's enough.

I gave solid evidence, not just conjecture. The rest is common sense. The league values top o linemen more than top TEs right now.

I was merely making a point that it isn't nearly as easy as listing things you would do differently. And yes, you fell into the "trap." If I was wrong, I think you would of attacked my point, not my method.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Whenever Cable opens his mouth it sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher so I don't even bother.

The plan to shuffle players all over the line hasn't proven to be a good plan in the past and I don't see any proof that it is now. I can understand that you need some players to be versatile, but they continually have everyone (minus Britt) trying multiple positions. Seems more like 'throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks' than it does a legit plan for developing an OL.

Bottom line, what they say doesn't matter, it only matters what they show on the field. We'll see...

Seafan

Reaction score
Nice nugget from Sheil Kapadia:

RW's QBR was 73.1 last year when he played behind an OL of George Fant, Mark Glowinski, Justin Britt, Germain Ifedi and Garry Gilliam. That would have ranked fifth in the NFL.

His stats with that group: Completions 66.1% with 8.65 YPA, 12 TDs and 2 picks on 251 dropbacks.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Talk about the theory of the development of ZB's all you want. As long as JS and PC are running things we will never, yeah never, keep an OL past their rookie contract, no matter how well they have played or how much everyone likes them. The Oline position has degraded to a fallacy of football brilliance that no longer exists. Football talent on the line is on the defensive side and to ignore it is ignorant.

Maybe Cable is a genius and is working with bad ingredients but maybe the fact that he is an offensive line coach has doomed him since , well since the Oline has become irrelevant. Dude has just been able to hold out to paradigm shift. His time has come. There are really only two teams in the NFL that have respectable Olines and they are pay through the nose for them. There are also a number or teams that pay high for garbage Olines. The fact that we had the highest paid line in 2013 and, let's be honest, they really were not that good, really says something about what is going on talent wise in the NFL.

The offensive line in the NFL at this time in football history is incapacitated.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3hzooldh said:
Talk about the theory of the development of ZB's all you want. As long as JS and PC are running things we will never, yeah never, keep an OL past their rookie contract, no matter how well they have played or how much everyone likes them. The Oline position has degraded to a fallacy of football brilliance that no longer exists. Football talent on the line is on the defensive side and to ignore it is ignorant.

I like Pete and John don't like overpaying for O-lineman. I mean what would have happened if we gave guys like Okung, Carp and Sweezy big contracts like they got elsewhere?

We'd be in deep doo doo, cause none of those guys have played well after leaving here, and certainly haven't played well enough for what other teams gave them.

IMO this is not a "we will never pay a lineman past their rookie contract" issue, it's a "why aren't we drafting and developing lineman that warrant a no brainer 2nd contract? issue.

This to me says for all the amazing pre-draft and player scouting we've done in just about every other position, our O-line scouting and talent evaluation has been downright horrible.

Josea16

Reaction score
What I notice is that we drafted two guys out of ZBS schemes. Why did it take us so long to draft actual OL and OL that already know ZBS? For the first time we actually have two rookies experienced in that scheme, one damn raw, the other straight versatile combined with Britt who is all pro level at the most important OL position. We going to be league average at least, that's all we need. I see bad things happening in Minnesota for whoever is our opponent. Hopefully it will be Tom Brady's swan song just like Peyton. I'd be fine with Oakland and the 25 million dollar boy though just because of his comments about a quarterback that actually won a Superbowl and several playoff games at worst. I'm barely old enough to remember and hate Oakland it should be easy to remember how to again, especially with Derek Carr.

For all you Marshawn lovers I was born near his town and have family in Oakland. So color me unimpressed and pissed at the punk. At least Lacy does the exact same and still has plenty of gas in the tank and serious motivation beyond shallow revenge.

*Lynch isn't a punk but his quarterback is.

Latest posts