What a disaster

Crizilla

Reaction score
people still dont understand how tough it is to win in this league and when you pull it out it's still a "disaster"

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
The O line looked almost non-existent out there today allowing the Dolphins Defense to disrupt the Seahawks offensive game plan. Despite the very poor performance by the O line, the hawks running game was productive. RW had to rush so many throws that it was not funny. I would have thought finally in 2016 the Seahawks would have spent money on the O-line because without good protection the QB, even a scrambler like RW, sooner or later, will get hurt. AND today RW got hurt with a dreaded ankle injury....argh. :(

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Check the team stats and you will see the Hawks had the edge in every category except turnovers and penalties. The offense was there just couldn't finish drives. 11 first downs 10 points, if the D holds teams to that every week I won't be upset. People need to chill... Football is hard. Ugly wins count the same as purty ones . I'm more upset about the possibility procise has a broken wrist.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2orspjsf said:
Check the team stats and you will see the Hawks had the edge in every category except turnovers and penalties. The offense was there just couldn't finish drives. 11 first downs 10 points, if the D holds teams to that every week I won't be upset. People need to chill... Football is hard. Ugly wins count the same as purty ones . I'm more upset about the possibility procise has a broken wrist.

Exactly. Seattle dominated in total yardage, T.O.P., converted 1st downs, pass yards and rush yards. Miami wasn't close in any of these categories.

This was freak game that ended up being close. I'm more concerned about the injury stuff and the OL's continuing struggle to keep RW healthy than the game-play, which was strong all around.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkMark1976":5f65ykuo said:
The O line looked almost non-existent out there today allowing the Dolphins Defense to disrupt the Seahawks offensive game plan. Despite the very poor performance by the O line, the hawks running game was productive. RW had to rush so many throws that it was not funny. I would have thought finally in 2016 the Seahawks would have spent money on the O-line because without good protection the QB, even a scrambler like RW, sooner or later, will get hurt. AND today RW got hurt with a dreaded ankle injury....argh. :(

To be fair, our oline was average at best WITH Ifedi.....and the Dolphins D-line is elite.

It really could have been worse.

Mick063

Reaction score
I cursed almost every play call in the first half.

On top of that Wilson regressed to his "I'm going to hold the ball to extend a play and not throw it on time".

Last season, .Net folks were trying to tell me that Wilson's big turnaround was because the center was fired and the O-line suddenly turned it around. I called BS and said it was because the light bulb came on for Wilson and he finally started throwing the ball on time. Well........Wilson has reverted back to early last season and it has absolutely nothing to do with the offensive line. He is holding the ball too long. Period.

Wilson's hurt ankle was almost a blessing. Because Wilson could not improvise and extend plays, he was forced to throw on time, and the offense finally began to look functional.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The Oline gave up 3sacks and two of those were on Russell's scrambling so I wouldn't even put that on them. Overall I think they were ok. 240/112 pass/rush and most import a 14 play 75yrd td drive to take the lead...W

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Mick063":iunl8u0p said:

On top of that Wilson regressed to his "I'm going to hold the ball to extend a play and not throw it on time".

Last season, .Net folks were trying to tell me that Wilson's big turnaround was because the center was fired and the O-line suddenly turned it around. I called BS and said it was because the light bulb came on for Wilson and he finally started throwing the ball on time. Well........Wilson has reverted back to early last season and it has absolutely nothing to do with the offensive line. He is holding the ball too long. Period.

Wilson's hurt ankle was almost a blessing. Because Wilson could not improvise and extend plays, he was forced to throw on time, and the offense finally began to look functional.

I agree as you said it will force him to keep the defense guessing more.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Mick063":3a2fhbqx said:

I can see him doing that as it seems like it takes him a game or two to get his timing down and then he gets better as the games roll by.All I can say about this game is Great job by the D and the team for not giving up.A win is a win!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Steve2222":1sr8iq0n said:
FlyingGreg":1sr8iq0n said:
A disaster winning?

You are spoiled.

lol this. I'm calling it right now. Miami will be a 9 to 10 win team this year. They are not bad.

Thank you, I kept watching this game thinking to myself, Miami has some "dogs"

Their DL is actually pretty dominant, LB's competent, and that DB with the African name was everywhere. Their offense isn't great but Tannehill is definitely an above average QB.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Mick063":2uqdxqp9 said:

Can't help but agree.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Miami beat themselves this game. Dropped TD pass, missed FG and we're talking a whole lot different ending.

D looked good but our offense needs a ton of work. Couldn't stop their D without holding.

kpak76

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":1x068sj7 said:
Miami beat themselves this game. Dropped TD pass, missed FG and we're talking a whole lot different ending.

D looked good but our offense needs a ton of work. Couldn't stop their D without holding.

They say most games are decided by 2-3 plays in a game. Those are the 2 plays that decided this game. One a failure on their WR and the other an amazing play by Marsh.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I guess I'm much more of an optimist than a pessimist.

This was the first game of the year! The snap #'s for all of the starters and prime backups were WAY above the previous games action in the preseason. IMO: The NFL's decision to really limit practice times automaticly means slow starts for most teams 'cause they don't get enough real game time experience, Starting with game 1, the starters are slowly learning how to play together at this point in the season. Also, the defense didn't play all that bad of a game overall last night. Any "expectations of perfection" especially on offense, at this point of the season, or at any time during the season (although "near" perfection is possible) is totally unrealistic IMO.

In the event that RW has to set out a game, they have Boykin, why in the heck would they bring in a vetran scrub (and I count TJ as a scrub)? Many here have looked at that last preseason game and have said Boykin can't manage the position, I say BS, in that game he was playing primarily with rookies/3-rd team scrubs. What can he do with experienced #1 starters is the real question. The Seahawks will be fine & I expect and predict a strong, and to many, a suprising victory coming next week against LA. But then, I'm an optimist that never likes to think negative about my team. RW will play next week and do well. If Boykin has to play some, he'll be prepaired with a limited playbook and a strong run game. The season has just started!

Threedee

Reaction score
Both teams are very similar in that they have beastly D-Lines and terrible O-Lines that cannot protect the QB. Russell and Tannehill are the most hit/sacked QBs since coming into the league together. Of course, the Miami bullying scandal helped to tank Ryan's line.

It shows how incredibly durable both guys are, as neither has missed a start.

Latest posts