What has happened to Adams?

edogg23

Reaction score
100% cut and move on after this season if he is eligible to be and not on some injury list.

renofox

Reaction score
I post lots of negatives about JA (the player) but he isn't actually BAD when compared to the average NFL safety. He is actually about average.

The problem is the Seahawks using $20M+ cap/year for an average safety.

Combined with the $15M for Diggs and his average level performance, the Seahawks are wasting too much cap on average safeties.

Next year, Adams has a $26M cap hit or $20M dead cap hit. Diggs has a $21M cap hit or $10M dead cap hit. That's $47M for a pair of average safeties (instead of the $10M- most teams pay) or a $30M dead cap hit for nothing. Wasting $30-37M that could get some top-tier OL/DL really sucks. Positional value should mean something.

Roster mismanagement by PCJS does not warrant taking it out on the players through constant criticism. But we do because we're fans.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Adams is playing great. He’s always in position in coverage and the defense has been massively better with him on the field. So he whiffed on a blitz, even tho he was too wide on the angle. It’s hard to stop your body when the qb climbs the pocket

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Ever since he’s come back from the last injury, it seems like he’s missing a ton of tackles. I know this is a stretch, but it’s almost like he’s trying to avoid tackling to avoid injury as I’ve seen multiple times he has a clear shot to tackle and just does not. It’s just so opposite of what we saw from him prior to the last injury. Thoughts?
I've posted before. Adams is spectacular, both in the way he wins and loses on plays. He is fast and his speed shows on the field...but he outruns himself at times and forgets how to tackle properly often.

This is not something new...this is how he played since he came into the league.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
With all the injuries and rehabs, I think physically Jamal may never the same, but I also think that mentally, it may take more games or time for him to feel confident to go all out. The current Jamal, we may be looking at a 65% of his prime, once he goes all in, we may see a 85%?

But even at 65%, he is still contributing, not a liability.

My 2p.

keasley45

Reaction score
Whats wrong with him?

Nothing.

He's why we are able to play so much dime. The dude fills 'DE', LB and Safety roles on the team. Take him away- how do we accomplish that? We don't. Bryant is the closest thing and he is no JA... even a one legged JA.

Folks need to be asking what's wrong with BWagz. But that one is obvious. Sure, we aren't dropping 20 mil on him annually, but opposing QBs ARE dropping dimes around him constantly for big plays in crucial moments.

Renegotiate with Jamal next year and fortify the LB spot. I'm not sure Bobby has any game left after this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Should strive to replace his skillset. Maybe Kyle Dugger in 2024.

As good as our corners are now, and they're very good. The Hawks need to figure out the safety position next year.

WAY too much cap invested in Love, Diggs and Adams for slightly above average play out of the safety position. Good team leaders, and mostly solid play. But again, for how much these guys are making combined? Should be elite safety play, not just good.

Jville

Reaction score
Jamal is one of two team members who engaged in remarkable injury recovery efforts.

Jamal Adams is playing thru a lot of discomfort. My understanding is that the team will continue to monitor both his play and recovery needs thru out the remainder of this season. We will continue to see him and his sideline heating pad. Especially as winter closes in.

Adams will benefit from a full off season of recovery time as part of the process of returning to his best.

Next year will be addressed in due time.

Meanwhile ...... more dime please verses pass crazy offenses.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

I guarantee you Pete and Clint will agree with you after watching our LB's get torched on the game tape.

Both Brooks and Bobby struggled something fierce in coverage yesterday. Brooks doesn't look right, his hamstring is obviously bothering him badly.

Either way, the teams we're about to face are going to destroy our LB's with crossing routes and force them to chase TE's and RB's all over the field wearing them down.

Jville

Reaction score
I guarantee you Pete and Clint will agree with you after watching our LB's get torched on the game tape.

Both Brooks and Bobby struggled something fierce in coverage yesterday. Brooks doesn't look right, his hamstring is obviously bothering him badly.

Either way, the teams we're about to face are going to destroy our LB's with crossing routes and force them to chase TE's and RB's all over the field wearing them down.

Brooks is the other one. He'll benefit from a full off season of recovery.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
As good as our corners are now, and they're very good. The Hawks need to figure out the safety position next year.

WAY too much cap invested in Love, Diggs and Adams for slightly above average play out of the safety position. Good team leaders, and mostly solid play. But again, for how much these guys are making combined? Should be elite safety play, not just good.
I'm mostly disappointed with Diggs. He's been meh at best the past couple of seasons. Love is getting adjusted to a new team and Adams is coming back from an injury. Diggs doesn't have those things as excuses.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
Jamal is one of two team members who engaged in remarkable injury recovery efforts.

Jamal Adams is playing thru a lot of discomfort. My understanding is that the team will continue to monitor both his play and recovery needs thru out the remainder of this season. We will continue to see him and his sideline heating pad. Especially as winter closes in.

Adams will benefit from a full off season of recovery time as part of the process of returning to his best.

Next year will be addressed in due time.

In the attached video he talks about his recovery and knee issues. Right on target Jville.

Jville

Reaction score
In the attached video he talks about his recovery and knee issues. Right on target Jville.

Nice thoughtful link (y)