What are you most concerned about this season?

Tokadub

Reaction score
My biggest concern is still the O-Line, our right side of the line has been getting torn up quite a bit. I'm still not sold on Carpenter at all when it comes to pass blocking but I saw him throw a wicked diving block in the last game which was encouraging. I still think Okung is over rated and liable to miss games due to injury.

However, it seems that Wilson might be on track to have by far his best season yet which is downright scary for our opponents. It seems Wilson's pocket awareness was at an all time high against the Bears. With both Harvin and Christine Michael being two great players to make huge plays when our O-line breaks down (just dump the ball off to them so fast that it won't matter if our O-Line fails), we should be better equipped to consistently move the ball this season.

I'm slightly concerned with our Defensive Line and pass rushers, we haven't been getting consistent pressure on QB's. We had 3 sacks against the Bears which is alright but nothing special.

I haven't seen Bennett get much push so far this pre-season but it's way too early to say he's gonna have a bad season.

But I think our defense is all around so solid that I'm not that worried about it, O-Line is still clearly the biggest concern for me I want Wilson to play every game and for our offense to reach another level this season.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Quite frankly, I'm concerned about hand injuries some Seahawks may incur after this season caused by attempting to wear a second Super Bowl ring on another finger alongside the one they earned for Super Bowl XLVIII. Applies to returning players only, of course.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Offensive line.....for the 7th year in a row.

I know it felt like we waited forever for a franchise qb but weve been waiting even longer for a competent o-line.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3lzenzqb said:

I know it felt like we waited forever for a franchise qb but weve been waiting even longer for a competent o-line.
Get a grip. Since 1976 we have had elite position groups and singular players but NEVER an elite quarterback. My advice? Relax given Wilson doesn't require great pass blocking given he is mobile. Spell it with me....M....O....B....I...L...E. He requires players that get open when the plan breaks down. Hmm...you check his current receivers out yet?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1o8nzujs said:
bjornanderson21":1o8nzujs said:

Get a grip. Since 1976 we have had elite position groups and singular players but NEVER an elite quarterback. My advice? Relax given Wilson doesn't require great pass blocking given he is mobile. Spell it with me....M....O....B....I...L...E. He requires players that get open when the plan breaks down. Hmm...you check his current receivers out yet?

It's great that he's mobile, but it doesnt change the fact that our o-line sucks and has sucked for a long time.

Do teams with great QBs say its ok that their WRs suck because they have a great QB? No, they want to pair their great QB with good WRs.

Its great that Wilson is mobile, its not great that our o-line sucks...again.

PS. I think you give the o-line a break because you don't want to admit that Cable is a bad o-line coach.

PPS. Theres no need to tell someone to "get a grip" for pointing out a fact.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":3jxor387 said:
Really surprised by all the people saying OL. The OL this year looks improved in the interior and lets not forget that the OL was horrific last season and the Hawks still won the SB.
It's probably the fact that our O-line suffers a lot of injuries every single year so unless we have about three Pro Bowlers waiting behind the starting front five, we're likely to have O-line problems if this year goes the same way the last 10 have concerning the O-line. :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3px58p7b said:
MizzouHawkGal":3px58p7b said:
bjornanderson21":3px58p7b said:

It's great that he's mobile, but it doesnt change the fact that our o-line sucks and has sucked for a long time.

Do teams with great QBs say its ok that their WRs suck because they have a great QB? No, they want to pair their great QB with good WRs.

PS. I think you give the o-line a break because you don't want to admit that Cable is a bad o-line coach.

Wrong. I'm saying we don't need a great pass blocking line given it helps Dalton so much right?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":s9kfqwxu said:
MizzouHawkGal":s9kfqwxu said:
bjornanderson21":s9kfqwxu said:

Wrong. I'm saying we don't need a great pass blocking line given it helps Dalton so much right?

Mick063

Reaction score
Too bad Moffitt didn't pan out at guard and Carpenter can't play tackle. It isn't like JS didn't try to address the issue.

If that combo would have panned out (1st and 2nd invested), Seattle would be sitting real pretty right now.

As it is, I hope they run the ball a lot and slow down the rush with play action. A few sprint draws to Michael would help as well.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Depth on the DL and Secondary and the new "emphasis".

Then O-line

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Injuries and the flag throwing zebras when the Hawks start dominating again. I don't think the NFL wants divisions decided by week 13 or earlier. (See Craptree fumble in SF that the zebras botched for exhibit A).

Vetamur

Reaction score
Our punt coverage team. They've barely gotten to practice. :)

Latest posts