What are you most concerned about this season?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Our NASCAR package. Not impressed with Scruggs, Hill or Marsh ( he seems to be too light)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Injury aside (which is obvious and beyond anybody's control) is that this stupid point of emphasis crap remains beyond preseason.

Uffda

Reaction score
QB protection and injuries, mostly

Then run defense and more injuries.

Those last 6 games are going to be brutal it looks like from here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seems like the same old story, but the depth of the O-Line and WR corp.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
super bowl hangover...too much media stuff in off season...this team has the pieces to do it again...hope they are as hungry as last year

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
1) OL with pass-pro. They had better not get our best weapon killed.
2)DL interior push. I have a feeling that teams will carve us up in the run game. Losing Bryant and McDonald were HUGE. I don't see anything that can replace them.

Largent80

Reaction score
Andrea, I think Kevin Williams plugs up the middle quite nicely, and the way our offense looks, most teams will be throwing trying to catch up, which plays into our strength.

Time for Scruggs to step in there and fill those gaps as well.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1r3v2mlm said:
1) OL with pass-pro. They had better not get our best weapon killed.
2)DL interior push. I have a feeling that teams will carve us up in the run game. Losing Bryant and McDonald were HUGE. I don't see anything that can replace them.

Like L80 said, Kevin Williams is a very good player against the run and we still have McDaniel and Mebane. McDaniel did pretty well last year and Mebane is still a stud. I'd be pretty shocked if teams "carved us up in the run game" on a consistent basis.

Regarding the OL and pass-pro, I just hope that we run a lot plays that are designed to get the ball out of RW's hands quickly. If teams start getting burned when they bring pressure, they will quickly back off or keep getting burned.

I'm pretty damn optimistic about this team and I love our chances. I think we are the best team in the league and the only thing I can see derailing us is significant injuries to key players.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":2poxfbhr said:
Regarding the OL and pass-pro, I just hope that we run a lot plays that are designed to get the ball out of RW's hands quickly. If teams start getting burned when they bring pressure, they will quickly back off or keep getting burned.

We've already seen with Percy that this is the plan, quick passes, screens, etc........and decoys to Percy that open up other passing and running lanes.

But we've also seen huge O-Line breakdowns in the pre-season with Russell running for his life more than I'd like. But that's to be expected with the starters not having even played one game together yet.............and a rookie RT.

Britt might be the answer, but he has struggled with pass protection, and he will continue to struggle because it's the technique and positioning for pass protection is much harder to master than run blocking. But Russell's smart, he's amazing at ball protection and getting out of trouble.

Largent80

Reaction score
Let's face it, Britt is a rook, and he has a learning curve. That curve will cost us from time to time, but overall, I think he has the look of a good one up the line.

justafan

Reaction score
Injuries.it can make or break a season,A team needs luck to be healthy at the end

lsheldon

Reaction score
Which jersey to wear while I'm watching the Hawks in the Super Bowl this coming Feb.

irocdave

Reaction score
If I can perfect smoking a brisket on my green mountain grill. Timing when it's ready for kickoff is going to be a serious challenge. Still working things out in the preseason and have that uncomfortable feeling of being confident but the weather hasn't turned yet. Smoke times will be different in February. Other than that, not so much.

Tical21

Reaction score
If we stay reasonably healthy anything that happens between now and the Lombardi presentation is just a formality.

Latest posts