What do we know about the Eagles...matchups you like...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":20vaujve said:
Cartire":20vaujve said:
Sgt. Largent":20vaujve said:
.........and gosh darn it, people like us.

Hqdefault

And he went on to be one of the better Senators out there. Which just proves, politics is all a farce and actors are better at selling air.

On topic: We win. Thats the matchup i like.

LOL WUT?

Ha, you must be a youngin'.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
THE EAGLES LIVE AND DIE WITH SHORT YARDAGE PASSING. YES IM YELLING. THAT IS ALL!!!

byau

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2t2h7c04 said:
THE EAGLES LIVE AND DIE WITH SHORT YARDAGE PASSING. YES IM YELLING. THAT IS ALL!!!

SHORT YARDAGE PASSING HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL AGAINST THE SEAHAWKS! THAT SCARES ME!! GOOD THING WE ARE HEALTHY ON D AND THEY FOUND THEIR SWAGGER. THEY BETTER BRING IT!

I'M YELLING TOO! YELLING IS GOOD!!

GO HAWKS!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks are 1-0 in all-bird-name-matchups. The Eagles are 0-1. A continuation of this very telling trend will see the Seahawks move to 2-0 and the Eagles slip to 0-2.

LeSean McCoy would have the same initials as Marshawn Lynch if you reverse one of their names.

Both cities feature in popular film titles that starred Tom Hanks - Sleepless in Seattle and Philadelphia. According to IMDB Philadelphia outscores Sleepless in Seattle 7.7 - 6.8. Read into that what you will, but again, pretty telling.

The Eagles have one player on the active roster named Mark Sanchez. The Seahawks have nobody by that name.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Matchups....The Seahawks pass rush vs. Sanchez, McCoy vs. Wagner, Maclin, Matthews, Celek vs. LOB, Russell Wilson vs. Eagles secondary. I think the Seahawks come out on top.

I'm the best there was and will ever be....I'm the greatest of all time! No QB can be like me. Who cares about any SB rings...

XOXO

Ron Jaworski

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
BullHawk33":3d9pu121 said:
Sgt. Largent":3d9pu121 said:
pmedic920":3d9pu121 said:
And Yes.
As Sarge stated, the speed at which the Eagles get plays going will be a factor, that we need to be aware of. We can't get caught with our pants down trying to figure out assignments.

Teams that get into trouble with this are teams that HAVE to substitute often, and that's not our D.

We do rotate our D lineman, but that's about it. The Hawks are unique in that we don't have 100 different defensive formations, schemes and exotic blitz packages. Like we did in the SB, we just line up and say "our players are faster, stronger and more physically talented than your players, so let's go."

don't forget smarter.
And tougher and gutsier.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
<start>GenericFootballSpeak

If we win the battle on 3rd downs and have a positive turnover ratio in this game, we will win.

That is all.

<end>GenericFootballSpeak

XOXO
Herm Edwards

BlueBlood

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1evi5fu7 said:
The Seahawks are 1-0 in all-bird-name-matchups. The Eagles are 0-1. A continuation of this very telling trend will see the Seahawks move to 2-0 and the Eagles slip to 0-2.

LeSean McCoy would have the same initials as Marshawn Lynch if you reverse one of their names.

Both cities feature in popular film titles that starred Tom Hanks - Sleepless in Seattle and Philadelphia. According to IMDB Philadelphia outscores Sleepless in Seattle 7.7 - 6.8. Read into that what you will, but again, pretty telling.

The Eagles have one player on the active roster named Mark Sanchez. The Seahawks have nobody by that name.

You forget to mention that the Seahawks at one time were a dome team and The Iggles never have been.

Philly has Bruce and Seattle had Jimmy. Better guitar player? Nuff said.

Philly is known for their sammiches and Seattle is known for its seafood. But you can get good sammiches in Seattle too but good seafood in Philly isnt an option.

Neither city is home to NASA.

The Illuminati leaders the Rothschilds do not have Mansions in either city, they do however pull ALL the strings financially.

Seattle does not have an expirement named after it.

seedhawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1hty57xl said:
SomersetHawk":1hty57xl said:

You forget to mention that the Seahawks at one time were a dome team and The Iggles never have been.

Philly has Bruce and Seattle had Jimmy. Better guitar player? Nuff said.

Philly is known for their sammiches and Seattle is known for its seafood. But you can get good sammiches in Seattle too but good seafood in Philly isnt an option.

Neither city is home to NASA.

The Illuminati leaders the Rothschilds do not have Mansions in either city, they do however pull ALL the strings financially.

Seattle does not have an expirement named after it.

And you forgot to mention that Farsi or Pastun is easlier to understand than Phillenglish.

Also, they are renowned for throwing D cell batteries at opponents. Easily explained however, as everyone knows all cell phones in Philly resemble Commodore 64's so they have basically an unlimited supply. :mrgreen:

jlaff35

Reaction score
Couple things here

FIrst, the Eagles defense is not very good. Opportunistic? Yes. But good, no. Bradley Fletcher is one of the worst corners in the league and gets picked on heavily. Their own fans hate Nate Allen. Malcolm Jenkins is solid at safety, but more of a run support type of guy. They do a good job of rushing off the edges with Trent Cole and Connor Barwin, but I think we can neutralize that with read option and the threat of Wilson running the ball. The best way to handle WIlson is the mush rush, where the DLine rushes but just kind of contains the QB.

On offense, the Eagles do obviously play fast, but I don't think this is going to be an issue as Seattle uses basic cover 3 most of the time. Our defense isn't complex, it just works due to the skill of the players playing that defense. Maclin is a solid WR, but not someone to be feared. Riley Cooper is not good. Jordan Matthews could be an issue out of the slot and is Sanchez go to receiver. Still amazed the Hawks didn't land this kid and went for PRich, but that's another topic for another day. Shady McCoy is great but having a down season for his standards. He's very elusive, but likes to dance, and we should be able to limit his damage. On 3rd downs, we really have to account for Darren Sproles, but after handling him with ease twice last year in big games, with Drew Brees and not Sanchez at QB, we have a plan for him. Zach Ertz is a stud TE, very under the radar, but a guy that can stretch the field and also control the middle of the field. How nice must that have been for Andrew Luck to throw to Douggie Baldwin, Coby Fleener, and Zach Ertz!

Not sure why, but Hawks historically play very well in Philly, especially in the last 10 years or so. Throw in the fact that the game is at 1pm pacific time and not at 10am, and I think it looks like a game where the Hawks officially go from "they should make the playoffs, probably as the 5 seed" to "Hawks look like a lock to win their division, and if Packers lose a game, Hawks should get home field advantage again, watch out NFL!"

Very much looking forward to this game.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
pmedic920":1t0j1d79 said:
And Yes.
As Sarge stated, the speed at which the Eagles get plays going will be a factor, that we need to be aware of. We can't get caught with our pants down trying to figure out assignments.

Yes and No. the pace at which they play is irrelevant if they can't sustain a drive. Infact the opposite is true, if they aren't getting consistent first downs they'll be punting with their defense getting limited rest. However, if Seattle allows them to sustain drives then it will be a factor.

If Seattle can get them to play our game, by dominating TOP and limiting their opportunities Seattle will win.

The Eagles have lost to both the 49ers and Cardinals, Seattle assuming they can continue their defensive play should win.

chet380

Reaction score
byau --

"Eagles defense is really good. They pretty much can depend on their defense and special teams for their games. The offense pretty much just tries to do well but the defense and special teams really does a job for them.

Look at it this way, the Dallas Cowboys offensive line is what has carried them through this season and has made Murray and Bryant and Romo seem like the triple threat they are. And they got smacked by the Philly defense."

The Dallas OL (with all those 1st rd draft picks) is probably the best in the league right now and the Philly coaches figured out a way to neutralize them.

Do not under-estimate these guys.

GO HAWKS!!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Our linebackers on Sproles. We have done just fine vs Sproles when he was in New Orleans, but Philly likes to spread everyone out, run a route with Sproles right around the tackle at an OLB, and give him a two way go. It's a tough route to cover.

Kam on Ertz. Philly makes hay behind the linebacker zones between the numbers, most of their pass plays have a WR or TE moving diagonally through that area, which presents the QB with fairly easy looks. Accuracy is paramount, throw high or low and the risk of picks is huge.

Kelly on Pete. Kelly is a wild ass play caller, he will run a 3rd down draw or toss at any distance just so he can get you in Dime D. Pete sticks to D he knows will work, Kelley will try anything.

The game that showed me the most was Jax at Philly, week one. the cover 3 of Jax gave fits to Kelly for a half plus, but eventually the safeties and linebackers and nickel corner of the Jags broke down. Still, like the Denver/Jax game of 2013, it was educational to see how an opponent played vs the cover 3 D.

Kelly's specialty is to call plays where a diagonally moving receiver runs behind your linebackers, but in front of your safety. He uses that as one way to get an overload vs zones. Sometimes the diagonal mover is more shallow. He does some Mike Martz type stuff too, drag routes up the seams, lots of screens. He really does not give a shit about play clock. Pete cares for few things more.

It's a hell of a contrast.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
pehawk":24u17qzn said:
Even if I didn't have an emotional interest in Sunday’s Hawks vs Eagles match up, it would still be must watch television. Scottemojo aptly likened it to when a SEC team plays a Pac-12 team…you just don’t know what to expect. That’s the best way to put it Scotte (pehawk blows kisses). Excitement aside, let’s talks ball and matchups.

I’m still not sure what to expect from the Seahawks defense. While they’ve played both resurgent and reminiscent ball the past few weeks, I cant place why that is (aside3 from the obvious of Kam and Wagner returning. Specifically I can’t figure out what’s happened with the defensive line. Why is the front four suddenly getting even more pressure? Is it stunts? Is it rearrangement of rotation? Is Bennett playing more inside? I don’t know enough on that topic to truly even guess how they’ll fare vs that underrated Eagles OLine.

I do know the game SHOULD come down to tackling. The Eagles are incredible at creating space for their QB to throw from and their WR’s. I’m going to assume that’s just going to be how it is, so, the Hawks will need to be sure tacklers.
Also, does Sanchez have enough arm to hit those 20-30 yard outs? Does he have the savvy enough to manipulate the front 7 like a Romo and Rivers? The answer’s “probably not” in each case.

When the Seahawks have the ball, I’d expect them to have some success. It’s seemingly a breath of fresh air whenever the Seahawks play an opponent outside the NFCW. They “land their punches” easily and with minimal effort. In theory the Seahawks should be able to make some hay against a non-elite 3-4. Sweezy should be able to remind people he’s mean at the 2nd level, which may lead to reluctant tacklers later in the game.

Is the check down option here to stay? It makes all the sense in the world to incorporate it even more into the game plan. It carves out an unconventional passing attack from a team not suited to throw. Lynch, Turbin and even Michael are perfect in that capacity. Hopefully Michael’s lost his extra chromosome this week, and can actually be trusted to run a screen at full-speed. Couple that with a few Wilson keepers and I think the Seahawks offense will exploit an average, yet underrated Eagles defense.

Anyone else have their internal nerd all a titter like me over this game? What’s the matchups you like? Do you wish I’d spontaneously combust?

XOXO

Koy Detmer

I'm thinking that Sanchize isn't patient enough for 4 quarters and we get a couple of INTs late in the 3rd-4th. I also thing the eagles secondary is suspect so we will see a return to the underneath/seam type of offense. Doug Baldwin should have a good game, Kearse, and our yet to be named TE.

Randall "the Vandal" Cunningham

kearly

Reaction score
Scotte beat me to it, this matchup has a Denver in Super Bowl XLVIII kind of feel to it. Denver's preparation was extremely poor, but really there isn't any way to prepare for a team like Seattle until you've played them a few times. Like Denver, Philly is a finesse team that will struggle against physical opponents.

It's worth noting that Philly this year is 1-2 in their NFC West games so far, and 8-1 in all other contests. Their lone NFC West win came against the Rams in Philly. They won by just six points, and this was early in the season when the Rams were an absolute trainwreck.

Seattle has faced hurry up teams before, and in every case, the opponent ditched the hurry up by the second quarter. It should be interesting to see if Kelly is stubborn and goes hurry up all game, even as his team gets progressively worn down on both sides of the ball. A game like this, more possessions might actually favor Seattle as they are sure to be taxed less when Pete's favorite quarter rolls around.

If Seattle loses this game, it will only be because of big plays, probably on special teams. If Seattle can turn this into a fist fight type of game I'd give them 20 to 1 odds of winning.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks seem more physical than the Eagles from top to bottom. If they can set the tone as they have done the previous couple of weeks then I like the Seahawks chances of coming out of Philly with a W. However, they can't get behind the Eagles early. They need to be more efficient this week in scoring TDs vs. FGs. 19 points won't be enough.

A

Anonymous

Sgt. Largent":1flftohv said:
Chukarhawk":1flftohv said:
Cartire":1flftohv said:
Sgt. Largent":1flftohv said:
.........and gosh darn it, people like us.

Hqdefault

And he went on to be one of the better Senators out there. Which just proves, politics is all a farce and actors are better at selling air.

LOL WUT?

I'm lost too, and I am old.

Who the hell is this?

kearly

Reaction score
Al Franken. Not that funny on SNL, but his books bashing right wing talk radio icons were pure gold. Seems to have done well as a Senator for the Dems, during a time when everything is gridlocked he's found ways to make a difference in other ways. Of course, Conservatives hate him and it's not hard to see why.

I've made many jokes in the past about how Sam Bradford looks like a young Franken, and how his on field demeanor is very much like Stuart Smalley.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1r6sgcrt said:
Sgt. Largent":1r6sgcrt said:
Chukarhawk":1r6sgcrt said:
Cartire":1r6sgcrt said:

LOL WUT?

I'm lost too, and I am old.

Who the hell is this?

Al Franken as Stuart Smalley.