What do you want to see tonight vs Vikings?

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":pawpaxsz said:
Here are the main things that I'm personally keeping an eye on ...

1) First and foremost -- no significant injuries. Please, can we just keep this squad healthy and intact for the most part? :pray:

2) Offensive Line. This is the biggest thing I'm going to be keeping my eye on (both in terms of the running game and their pass protection). This Vikings Defensive Line is one of the best in the league, so I'm intrigued by how they play. Specifically ...

A) going to be watching George Fant with a keen eye on how he handles Everson Griffin.

B) I'm intrigued to see the continued battle at the RG and RT spots. Aboushi, Glowinski, and Ethan Pocic. I'm REALLY enamored by Pocic and would be fairly dismayed if he isn't starting somewhere come Week 1. I LOVE what Pocic brings to the table.

3) I'm fascinated to see the continued battle for the final WR spots. Specifically, I'm looking forward to seeing If Kasen Williams can continue to make plays against a better secondary. I'm also hoping to see more from David Moore and am curious to see if Darboh can overcome that sternum issue and see some playing time.

4) Shaq Griffin -- I'd love to see him continue to progress and shut down these receivers of Minnesota.

5) I'm very interested to see Tramaine Brock in action. Is he going to end up seeing playing time ... and if so, how does he look in that Nickel Corner role?

6) The battle for the final RB Spot between Chris Carson, Alex Collins, and now Mike Davis. How do these guys all look tomorrow? I'm personally really love Carson and am pulling for him to make some noise, run over some guys tomorrow night, and continue to make YAC.

7) Trevone Boykin -- he had a strong performance against the Chargers. Can he continue to get better at going through his progressions quicker and to just make plays against a much stronger defense in Minnesota? Another solid performance will go a long ways towards cementing his place as this team's backup QB this year.

Awesome write up Hawkscanner. Thank you.

Good point on Brock too. Curious to see what role the team has in mind for him.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
A lot of results oriented responses, which isn't really what pre-season is about IMHO.

1) I want to see a lot of Alex Collins with the first team offense and defense. I'm still not sure what we have in him, but I think we need to see whether he is worth keeping or not. I can't say that I have ever been truly enamored of him, but I thought he had some real promise coming into the league. I think he has the skill, but not the instinct that I hoped he would develop over the "redshirt year."

2) At the same time, I want to see a lot of Eddie Lacy. Is he ready to run in the NFL again? Is he going to be the back that I thought he was going to be coming out of college. I've always thought he should be a Seahawk, and I expect him to have success here. I'll be happy with either Collins or Lacy as the feature back this game, and the other featured in the next game. Don't really need to see much of Prosise or Rawls (injured, I know)

3) I want to see multiple, long yardage, grinding drives from the offense. I want to see multiple combinations of RG/RT with the 3 guys who have pretty much cemented the mid/left side of the line.

4) I want to see Bradford really test our secondary. I'd like to see how Thomas is recovering, and how Brock looks opposite Sherman. I wouldn't be too disappointed if we get minimal pressure on the QB in this game. I'm more interested in an evaluation of the secondary.

5) I want to see Blair Walsh in some high pressure situations. (pre-season dream on, I know)

and, of course, I want to see no injuries

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2gc6bs5b said:
A lot of results oriented responses, which isn't really what pre-season is about IMHO.

1) I want to see a lot of Alex Collins with the first team offense and defense. I'm still not sure what we have in him, but I think we need to see whether he is worth keeping or not. I can't say that I have ever been truly enamored of him, but I thought he had some real promise coming into the league. I think he has the skill, but not the instinct that I hoped he would develop over the "redshirt year."

2) At the same time, I want to see a lot of Eddie Lacy. Is he ready to run in the NFL again? Is he going to be the back that I thought he was going to be coming out of college. I've always thought he should be a Seahawk, and I expect him to have success here. I'll be happy with either Collins or Lacy as the feature back this game, and the other featured in the next game. Don't really need to see much of Prosise or Rawls (injured, I know)

3) I want to see multiple, long yardage, grinding drives from the offense. I want to see multiple combinations of RG/RT with the 3 guys who have pretty much cemented the mid/left side of the line.

4) I want to see Bradford really test our secondary. I'd like to see how Thomas is recovering, and how Brock looks opposite Sherman. I wouldn't be too disappointed if we get minimal pressure on the QB in this game. I'm more interested in an evaluation of the secondary.

5) I want to see Blair Walsh in some high pressure situations. (pre-season dream on, I know)

and, of course, I want to see no injuries

I like these wishes. Especially the Brock opposite Sherman and even when Sherman gets pulled, his backup. Great things BSD.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hot dog sneaking and eating among the players on the sideline....hell it's preseason for gawd sakes!!!

NJlargent

Reaction score
Defense 3 and out with a collapsed pocket on the first possession . Make it happen.