What is contributing most to Seattle's struggles so far?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
redeye81":1ouqaww4 said:
To put it clearly - we play to carefully. We play not to lose. We don't play aggressive till the game is almost over. In past we won some of these games now we are not.
It's an old story with Pete. That's what Lynch was talking about in SB XLVIII. Can we score more points? Can we? He knew what the offense could do if Pete would let it. Pete is aggressive on defense and careful on offense. But he's got to let Wilson roll out, run the ball in the first half, etc.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
1.) Oline did much better pass blocking after the first quarter, but run blocking still lacks.
2.) It takes Bevell half of the game to develop a game plan. It's like he watches no tape on the other team, and just comes in with "run lynch up the middle" nearly every play.
3.) Defense did better tonight, but still a lack of communication especially in coverage, no fire, not gelling.
4.)pass rush for some reason not as effective as last year. Not sure why.
5.)Russ trying to be a pocket passer instead of being russell wilson. Do what got you here.
6.)Need to develop plays getting Graham in one on ones, and russ has to get the ball up to where he can go get it. Russ has a tendency to throw too low to Jimmy.
7.)More passes like the one to baldwin that was just barely overthrown. Use Lockett on these, let him use his speed on a double move with Jimmy coming across to draw the safety. Get him up the side with his speed. Unless really underthrown, lockett has the speed and hands for the big play here, as he has shown. Put Baldwin on a cross to the other side.
8.)THIS TEAM HAS GOT TO GET PISSED OFF AND FIRED UP!

I have absolute faith they will be able to figure out at least most of the things needed to overcome the above issues. The 3-3 start last year kinda had me feeling about the same, but it worked out. I haven't seen any team lighting it up yet, so anything can happen. I see 2 potential losses @49ers and @cardinals. Obviously not good as they are really the ones we need to win, but 49ers looked pretty good last week (although trash today). For some reason the lions game scares me a bit. They have some tools to beat us as our secondary is a lil shakey right now.

Oh, and screw Kam.

Rob12

Reaction score
Our OC doesn't know how to use one of the most lethal weapons in football. That's one of numerous reasons.

Rflagg

Reaction score
I would say the biggest reason is poor tackling thus far, followed by tough schedule, coming out flat in first halves, and suspect formations and calls at times. It also doesn't help that we do not seem to be able to use new offensive talent.

erik2690

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3rww7i3f said:
RW's spending his off season trying to be a media star.

This is sarcasm right? I mean what does that have to do with anything? He was our run and pass offense almost completely. That pick was a bad mistake although it seemed like a really great play from the D. Beyond that play he seemed to play fairly well. That long one to Baldwin would have been big though. There's no way you believe that his offseason is holding the level of play up though, right. I don't know, that doesn't make sense to me beyond a like silly frustration sort of reasoning.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Russ needs to close the deal with Ciara and get his mind right.

Reaction score
How I see things.
1)Vanilla Offense
2)Offensive line
3)We have so many new pieces we just need to gel
4)Our front 7 is fast blitz did we blitz in the green bay game at all?
5)We got to get nasty again on defense.

RussB

Reaction score
Kam needs to come back. that is a big reason i think. When he is on the field he intimidates players. Also play calling on offense is onconsistent. Wilson keeps trying to stay in the pocket too long, they took the lead and looked good when wilson ran the read option and started scrambling. Also a tough schedule. thats why the hawks are 0-2.

Cad

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":jmh6uimx said:
How I see things.
1)Vanilla Offense
2)Offensive line
3)We have so many new pieces we just need to gel
4)Our front 7 is fast blitz did we blitz in the green bay game at all?
5)We got to get nasty again on defense.

6. Stupid penalties. Sweezy's personal foul killed a drive. Bennett kept giving Aaron Rodgers free plays to go deep. 12 guys on the field extended Green Bay's opening drive when we had it stopped cold. The margin for error is such that we cannot afford to keep giving opposing teams so many free yards and free first downs.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Problems on offense and defense seem to be the biggest reason. I wouldn't say the problems begin with just one single individual but the team seems to be lacking its identity.

Which pretty much we are tougher than you are and we're gonna show you.

That's no longer there.

RussB

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":rd4t0v5w said:
Problems on offense and defense seem to be the biggest reason. I wouldn't say the problems begin with just one single individual but the team seems to be lacking its identity.

Which pretty much we are tougher than you are and we're gonna show you.

That's no longer there.

This ^. they just arent looking like they used to. KAM is a big reason

Tical21

Reaction score
We want to play the game in a phone booth. And in that phone booth, when we were on offense, we had the baddest mutha on the field, in every game we played. On defense, we had the baddest mutha on the field in every game we played. We don't always have that anymore when we're on defense.

OP
OP
Giblien

Giblien

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":ji385eou said:
redeye81":ji385eou said:
To put it clearly - we play to carefully. We play not to lose. We don't play aggressive till the game is almost over. In past we won some of these games now we are not.
It's an old story with Pete. That's what Lynch was talking about in SB XLVIII. Can we score more points? Can we? He knew what the offense could do if Pete would let it. Pete is aggressive on defense and careful on offense. But he's got to let Wilson roll out, run the ball in the first half, etc.

Lots of truth here. I wish our O would just play a bit more backyard style football when 8t happens it is effective and very entertaining.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lost Browner, Kam holding out, Nortons fire no longer on the sideline, all three were attitude our team adopted, Even Lynch looked like he was not having fun or involved as usual.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
chris98251":320h6q0v said:
Lost Browner, Kam holding out, Nortons fire no longer on the sideline, all three were attitude our team adopted, Even Lynch looked like he was not having fun or involved as usual.

Exactly. I personally believed Norton should have been promoted to coordinator but he left. I've always like Nortons fire!

I heard Norton mic'ed up plenty of times and he has "it."

He has a way of motivating his guys to just be animals. I no longer see that edge with our guys.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Bevell is atrocious. This teams success in recent years has materialized despite him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":35806lgl said:
#1 reason is the schedule. brutal way to start the year
Your post is too complex for a lot of these quitters to understand :lol:
They're still trying to digest why Lynch & the Run Game hasn't dominated the Rams and Packers Defenses LOL.