What is contributing most to Seattle's struggles so far?

gonzhawk

Reaction score
So the pack lost jordy, lacy, no stud mlb, starting DT
Anyone else?
And we continue to worry bout ol Kam as a factor?
Its a pretty sad commentary on the D if they cant get their minds right because this!
They ALL got paid. They are pros? Aren' t they? Any ways thats the D with a coordinator who is onthe
Job training.

The D has carried the offense for far to long-where is the growth on O!
Instead we get some crappy linemen and expect the offense to make strides and start winning
Games and carry the D until we all get right? Our play makers are stifled with the Cable model
In my opinion.
Instead of a narrative of "the D the losing the lead" its time for the offense to close the game
Keep the lead!! They don't close because they got nothing left from a crappy first half of O!
How is it that GB and NE come in and kick butt with the same probs we have? The QB?
Frustrated.....

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
The answer cannot be The Schedule any more than it can be The Weather. In the NFL you're either a good team expecting victory, or you're at the mercy of a good team and conceding a loss before it happens. And the fact that a lot of people conceded these losses as soon as the schedule came out really doesn't say much for us.

I think a more aggressive, dynamic offense could have won both of those games. Right now I put the blame squarely on Bevell. And the longer he remains in his position, I shift a little more blame to Pete for not admitting when something's just not working.

And, I know the situation is tricky, but I put a lot of defensive blame on Kam. With a new DC, he knew his team would need him, and the fact that he decided to put money (MORE money, the dude already got paid) first really changed my opinion about him. He wants to be the QB of the defense? Our QB would never let the team go to war without him.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Seahawks are no longer the bullies on the field. We are now the bullied. WE get pushed around, there is no sustained ground and pound game to wear out opponents. Poor tackling, no longer swarming around ball carriers in the running game. Sherman does not look good, Earl looks rusty. History, we bring in a famous WR from NE....he was a nobody. We bring in a famous WR from Minnesota, he is a punk. We bring in a tall Pro Bowl WR from NO, he is a non-factor. The common theme of it is, stick with what you have built. We should have paid for O linemen, find a replacement for Marshawn, played RW out till the end of next year, and begin looking for his replacement. Frankly, Wilson is not the long term solution to a team in my opinion. He had his string, he played it out, he did it in an outstanding manner. Now the wake up call is here and he cannot see over the line, and the minute he loses a bit off his wheels he will be average. Losing your wheels is what happens to QB's without an offensive line by the way. RG III was awesome with two good wheels, now what is he? Russell is a shooting star, a phenom not meant to last long. Last but not least, Pete Carroll forgot what got him here, and what he preaches to his team. ALWAYS COMPETE, he is not trying to make his formula better and better, he is trying to hang on to what he thinks is near perfection.

Sorry my opinion will tee off the vast majority, but it is honest and I have been a fan since day one of this team.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
jeremiah":pssgfctt said:
History, we bring in a famous WR from NE....he was a nobody. We bring in a famous WR from Minnesota, he is a punk. We bring in a tall Pro Bowl WR from NO, he is a non-factor.

Don't forget the one from Cincinnati.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I think our defense has regressed. Tackling, putting pressure on the QB and coverage flaws that need to be corrected.

Offensive line run blocking has to be shorn up. The big pops from Marshawn have been pretty much nonexistent.

Aside from that, I have no problem with what our offense is doing.