What is Seahawks culture after new hires?

pmedic920

Reaction score
So basically social consciousness is bad?
No it’s absolutely not bad.

I’m of the belief that there is a time and place for everything.
My opinion is that an NFL uniform/game isn’t the place.

“Social consciousness” in the current culture tends to divide people, sports/the NFL should bring people together with the only division being what team are you rooting for.

bigcc

Reaction score
So basically social consciousness is bad?
No, but as others have said it has no place in football.

Same way I don't want pro-life messaging in video games.

Keep this stuff to the other 98% of our lives, leave the happy escape from daily bombardment alone.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hopefully something other then comPete to 9-8. After 2016 Pete's culture was bullshit and I never want to see it again.

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I see young guys all over with an Obi Won Kenobi in Leslie Frazier. I see aggressive on offense and defense once they get acclimated, I don't see us play8ing not to lose but playing to get into other teams heads.

JS, MM, RG, AD, and JH are all sitting at the Adult table now, JS now having complete control and everyone else 1st time in their positions in the Pro's. All have a reputation as creative and a deep football knowledge, all are work a Holics when it comes to what they do, I expect that to be expected of the players as well. The Pete culture about working all together, taking care of the players as well as making sure their personal lives are in good shape so they can focus is what I see continuing. Not necessarily the day to day stuff as active operations of football when it comes to the season.

That is what set us apart, was we just didn't believe in use and dispose of guys.

On the field how that plays out everyone can guess, it will be attack though in some form.

No it’s absolutely not bad.

I’m of the belief that there is a time and place for everything.
My opinion is that an NFL uniform/game isn’t the place.

“Social consciousness” in the current culture tends to divide people, sports/the NFL should bring people together with the only division being what team are you rooting for.
I've found because of Taylor and Travis and being very lucky for being an NFL junkie and a Swiftie you sir totally get it and are completely right. The Brad's, Chad's and Dads need to grow up and take notice. Because of Taylor the NFL is now actually global and regular women and girls are actually watching the games.

bigcc

Reaction score
I've found because of Taylor and Travis and being very lucky for being an NFL junkie and a Swiftie you sir totally get it and are completely right. The Brad's, Chad's and Dads need to grow up and take notice. Because of Taylor the NFL is now actually global and regular women and girls are actually watching the games.
Guess Germany isn't worldwide

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Guess Germany isn't worldwide
Dude, don't try and think you're intelligent it's not a good look on you. At least bring a gun to a gunfight. Otherwise I mostly like what you post except for the feeling that I get that you think you know everything.

Last edited:

bigcc

Reaction score
Dude, don't try and think you're intelligent it's not a good look on you. At least bring a gun to a gunfight. Otherwise I mostly like what you post except for the feeling that I get that you think you know everything.
Gunfight? Lol

I honestly just thought it was amusing considering we played in Germany two years ago.

The idea that the nfl needed to be rescued by Taylor is hilarious though. Because of the nfl, regular men and boys are very slightly more aware of Taylor. Sounds pretty stupid in reverse huh.

And no I'm an idiot that gets in arguments on message boards, I'm wrong all the time and try my best to admit when I'm wrong, which is fairly frequently.

But sometimes I'm right, and the idea that she's somehow benevolent for soaking up all this attention the nfl has granted her is amusing. Goes both ways homie

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Gunfight? Lol

I honestly just thought it was amusing considering we played in Germany two years ago.

The idea that the nfl needed to be rescued by Taylor is hilarious though. Because of the nfl, regular men and boys are very slightly more aware of Taylor. Sounds pretty stupid in reverse huh.

And no I'm an idiot that gets in arguments on message boards, I'm wrong all the time and try my best to admit when I'm wrong, which is fairly frequently.

But sometimes I'm right, and the idea that she's somehow benevolent for soaking up all this attention the nfl has granted her is amusing. Goes both ways homie
Fair enough hon. I misunderstood your post tbh. I've always thought we are on the same side and love the same team

bigcc

Reaction score
Fair enough hon. I misunderstood your post tbh. I've always thought we are on the same side and love the same team
We are and do to my knowledge!

I might just be coming off more hostile than I intended.

I was just trying to say they (nfl/swift) both benefit from the attention of a crowd they don't usually get.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
We are and do to my knowledge!

I might just be coming off more hostile than I intended.

I was just trying to say they (nfl/swift) both benefit from the attention of a crowd they don't usually get.
The NFL definitely does. Swift is only allowing it because she really loves Travis and the reverse neither need the extra benefits or money. Taylor already has plenty of guys in her fanbase lots are already NFL fans. They are otherwise known as fathers of girls of this generation and others like mine. And lots of boyfriends or husband's also. Her music is universal and really speaks to everyone her age and under and people like me that aren't 30 but a little older.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Rumor is MM is having the coaches over for a sleep over to play some Madden and watch scary movies. Each coach reportedly carrying sleeping bags and Durde having some kind of storybook in his possession.

Wait, I thought Durde was a completely imaginary character who exists only in Macdonald's head, and that what we see Durde doing is the result of Macdonald being an "unreliable narrator," and everyone else in the story sees Macdonald doing it.

"The first rule of Macdonald's sleepover coaching-staff retreats is: you don't talk about Macdonald's sleepover coaching-staff retreats."
"I am Jack's mild sense of optimism about the near-term future."

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Rumor is MM is having the coaches over for a sleep over to play some Madden and watch scary movies. Each coach reportedly carrying sleeping bags and Durde having some kind of storybook in his possession.
See...Pete must have some kind of advisory influence if this is the plan.

SweepSanFran

Reaction score
So in all sports you hear the word "culture" thrown around all the time. It is used exactly how the dictionary describes it. I think as far as PC goes his culture with the team was great. He allowed players to be themselves and express themselves the way that made them most comfortable. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. That being said I see MM being the same way in some respects, with hiring young coordinators it will allow him to instill his philosophy quicker with guys getting their first chance at being a coordinator. I also believe after some study and research of the Ravens he will be able to identify with the younger players better than PC and will get the most out of some of the players we have on the roster. I see some guys on defense possibly having career years next year. I also think we may end up bringing in some Ravens players on defense that will help with instilling his idea of "culture". Of course its all speculation but I am stoked for the future and I dont think we have made a bad hire yet on the this go around of the coaching carousel.

xray

Reaction score
Culture...smulture...who cares ? Win the division , NFC championship and SB ; then preach how gr8 your ' culture ' is .

SweepSanFran

Reaction score
The culture is what creates the "buy in " from the players, if they aren't down with your culture they will never buy in and then we are back here rehashing this as "what could have been". Yes lets get another SB!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Don't know what it will be, but i hope individual accountability will be a big part of it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet the social messaging on helmets and the field will be gone. That's one thing that really pissed me off about Pete..he encouraged that B.S

I am no longer in my 20s, but the social messages matters A LOT to people in their 20s...which is the group of these NFL players. Like I definitely do not go out or repost a lot of the social messaging that is going on, but I would say if I were in my 20s and those things mattered to me and I had a coach that considered that stuff "B.S.". I don't know how much I would respect or like my coach. It's a football team, not a household when you're the parent.