What is the "greatest" play in franchise history?

Giblien

Reaction score
What do you believe is the greatest play in franchise history and what are the key elements in a "great" play?

chris98251

Reaction score
There are really three and we can end this discussion.

Beastquake, if you need to ask why you shouldn't be here.

Largents hit on Harden and the lead up to it.

The Tip.

Close thread now.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Agree with all the above.

Add one more:

Kam hit on Demaryius Thomas to set the "you are here to get your asses kicked. All. Day. Long." tone in the best Super Bowl ever played.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The most impactful has to be the Immaculate Deflection followed by the successful onside kick vs. the Packers, both plays that sent us to the SB.

Agreed with the Beastquake runs, and I got to see two of them in person. But the most "fun" was the fake field goal attempt by Efren Herrera and Jim Zorn in our first MNF appearance.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Beastquake

Set the tone for the future Seahawks teams to follow and ushered in a new era of Seahawks championship football. Not to mention it is one of the greatest, if not greatest, run in NFL history.

HawkGA

Reaction score
pmedic920":11b6le9h said:
Title should be “the annual”greatest play.
Seems like we have one every year, huh.

:{)

Tis the off-season!

Skansi's catch against KC is one of my favorites. But I think The Tip has to be the greatest because it sent the team to the Super Bowl. Beastquake is next. Largent's hit on Harden males Mount Rushmore too.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Please don't call it the "immaculate deflection". That's lame. It's "The Tip". That's all.

As for which is the best play -- which one could you just watch over and over and over and never get tired of? Beastquake, easily.

Mick063

Reaction score
The plays etched in my memory forever.

1) Beastquake
2) The tip
3) Russell Wilson to Javon Kearse, 35 yard TD in overtime against Green Bay in NFC Championship.
3) Steve Largent's tackle of Mike Harden
4) Kam Chancellor's tackle of Vernon Davis
5) Malcom Smith Pick 6 in Super Bowl XLVIII
6) Kam Chancellor forces Megatron fumble at the 1 inch line at end of game
7) Curt Warner's first NFL carry against Kansas City in 1983 (60 yard romp)
8 ) Earl Thomas forces Bennie Cunningham fumble at goal line
9) Kam Chancellor sets tone of Super Bowl XLVIII with big hit on Demarius Thomas.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
The overtime Wilson to Kearse catch/touchdown against Green Bay to send them to the Super Bowl. It capped the greatest comeback in Seahawks and arguably NFL playoff history.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Look, we all love Largent's hit on Harden, but the play didn't even count because Denver committed a penalty before Harden's interception. It's a fun moment in franchise history, but as a play it meant nothing.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2vd8v4vw said:
Please don't call it the "immaculate deflection". That's lame. It's "The Tip". That's all.

As for which is the best play -- which one could you just watch over and over and over and never get tired of? Beastquake, easily.

I never heard it called "The Tip".

I'm only repeating what the media referred to it as, but you can call it whatever you like.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Good stuff. Just want to add to it. In the History of this franchise, this was an important game.
Dec 31, 1983
https://youtu.be/KNCBH7MD4VU

Krieg to Largent 2 consecutive passes late in game for 56 yards. I submit that 2nd pass play to Largent being Largent. To this old timer, that was the first time it felt like the Team earned legitimacy.

Chuck Knox was key in turning this franchise into a serious contender. You can see it in the players emotion on the sidelines then hoisting Knox on their shoulders in celebration...just to get to the AFC championship game. It meant a lot... to fans as well. Yeah, took awhile to get to the pinnacle, but grown men who cried after Super Bowl 48 know what I'm talking about here.

This list wouldn't be complete without (insert highlight reel of) Doug Baldwin. Really, many plays and players deserve mention. Paul Allen, too, for keeping the team in Seattle and hiring the tandem. It's fairly obvious for us to list the flashy plays, especially the more recent. If only we knew more about the game within the game in the trenches. How the big uglies make it all possible in less heralded moments.

Single greatest play for me is the Malcolm Smith pick 6. Difficult to put into words the sheer jubilation of that moment. Holy Catfish is probably best. Game over baby.

BTW... Did you all catch Wilson stating "we're just getting started" during the recent contract press conference? Let's hope so. Go Hawks.

grizbob

Reaction score
The day the Seahawks came to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maulbert

Reaction score
RiverDog":3ujylyqw said:
Hawkstorian":3ujylyqw said:

I never heard it called "The Tip".

I'm only repeating what the media referred to it as, but you can call it whatever you like.

Have you been under a rock? All Hawk fans I know call it 'The Tip'. I've never heard the media call it anything.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wilson pass to Sidney Rice to beat either the Patriots or the Bears in his rookie season. Both signaled his arrival. Maybe not as great as the Beastquake, but deserve inclusion in the top 10.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Another play for the top 10:
Krieg to Largent vs Miami in road playoff game in Miami to the 2 yard line, late in game. Curt Warner runs it in for TD, Hawks win road playoff game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Beast Quake for the win and it's not even close.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I'll add a series of plays......... the FOUR pick sixes against KC Nov. 4, 1984.
45-0 win.
Still an NFL record.

90 yards Dave Brown
76 yards Keith Simpson
58 yards Dave Brown
58 yards Kenny Easley

Latest posts