What is the "greatest" play in franchise history?

minormillikin

Reaction score
The Tip was the best, not just for the play itself but the entire context of going to the Super Bowl, shutting down a hated rival, etc. It has, for me, long lasting emotional impact thinking about that moment.

Beastquake was the best, if context doesn't count. We were probably going to win that game anyway, but it wasn't like we were going to make it all the way to the Super Bowl that year. It was just pure fun.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Mick063":2htzo25q said:
The plays etched in my memory forever.

1) Beastquake
2) The tip
3) Russell Wilson to Javon Kearse, 35 yard TD in overtime against Green Bay in NFC Championship.
3) Steve Largent's tackle of Mike Harden
4) Kam Chancellor's tackle of Vernon Davis
5) Malcom Smith Pick 6 in Super Bowl XLVIII
6) Kam Chancellor forces Megatron fumble at the 1 inch line at end of game
7) Curt Warner's first NFL carry against Kansas City in 1983 (60 yard romp)
8 ) Earl Thomas forces Bennie Cunningham fumble at goal line
9) Kam Chancellor sets tone of Super Bowl XLVIII with big hit on Demarius Thomas.
Jermaine Kearse*

5. Largent's revenge
4. Earl destroying Gronk
3. Kam destroying Vernon
2. Sherm with the tip
1. Beast Quake

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Biggest play, beastquake by far. 7-9 team “that stood no chance” and punched defending champs right in the mouth. Unfortunately followed by a game in Chicago (all though leaps and bounds warmer than Minnesota play off game also attended) where I froze my ass off, where we looked all of 7-9 and having to deal with Chicago fans. But wouldnt have missed it for the world.

Greatest ones... chancellor hit on vernon davis and the tip. Ultimately for huge impact on completely crushing the soul of that 49ers team. Also entire comeback against GB in NFC Championship. Being in Iowa and having to deal with those idiots all the time let alone that game leading up was sooooo sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lukerguy

Reaction score
It has to be "the tip".

1) Whoever won that game was going to the SB
2) There was no greater rival in Seahawks history
3) It won the game
4) The 49ers had a legit shot at winning the game.

It doesn't get much bigger than that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":rbm3ax06 said:
Wilson pass to Sidney Rice to beat either the Patriots or the Bears in his rookie season. Both signaled his arrival. Maybe not as great as the Beastquake, but deserve inclusion in the top 10.
Rice was that bomb at home to beat the Patriots. His comeback on the road in Chicago is when I knew Russell Wilson was The One.

As for the greatest play...has to be Beastquake for me. I'm probably biased since I was there, though. I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned Fail Mary. :) Suck it, Green Bay! It really was a catch by the rules, so go whine in your frozen tundra wasteland shithole of a state.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I’ve heard it referred to as “The Tip” way more than the “Immaculate Deflection”. The latter sounds like something lame a fan made up.

sutz

Reaction score
Steve2222":20co6uc4 said:
I’ve heard it referred to as “The Tip” way more than the “Immaculate Deflection”. The latter sounds like something lame a fan made up.
Worse, it's a ripoff of a Raiders play from many years ago, against Pittsburgh, the Immaculate Reception. That one led to a rules change about tipped passes.

Boycie

Reaction score
chris98251":21pailwi said:
There are really three and we can end this discussion.

Beastquake, if you need to ask why you shouldn't be here.

Largents hit on Harden and the lead up to it.

The Tip.

Close thread now.

I would say that Kearse's catch against Green Bay is up there too.

Latest posts