What single event....

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Marcus Trufant injury in which he was replaced by Richard Sherman in week 9 2011 iirc.

PryorFamily

Reaction score
Guys.....this is an EASY one. Drafting Jeremy Stevens was the turning point. Without him; Where would we be?

:)

Reaction score
For me it was a few different games - in 2011, BeefMoe juking Ray Lewis out of his jock to seal the game - we out Raven'd the Ravens - cemented our transformation into a tough physical team, no matter what.

The Browner Giants game - pulling out a tough 10am road game against a decent team and winning it with a "meh" starting qb and a "bleh" backup-qb.

DangeRuss and the D putting it all together against the Pats at home last year - to me, thats when it finally started clicking for DangeRuss and the offense.

kearly

Reaction score
THE moment was Wilson being drafted. I was watching that draft with my dad, my brother couldn't get work off for the draft that year. My dad was the one who tipped me off to Russell Wilson many months earlier. We were both huge believers and would have rooted for him wherever he went in the NFL. We lost our shit when his name was called. That feeling of championships leaving Seattle when Hutch left, the Wilson draft moment feeling was the reverse of that. My dad normally doesn't care too much about the NFL draft but we both lost our shit when that happened.

I had a good feeling about Pete from the moment the first rumor popped up. Being a Husky fan, I got to see a lot of USC every year and I knew Pete was way more than a rah-rah guy. He interviewed extremely well and had that huckster/politician side to him that kind of reminded me of Bill Clinton, who- whatever you think of his politics- is a deviously clever man. I also liked how Pete ran NFL styled offense and defense at USC with incredible effectiveness in an era when spread offenses dominated college football. He was an against the grain guy at USC, and when you see an against the grain guy who dominates competition like few have in history, you take extra notice of him.

The first time I was a believer of PC/JS after being hired was during that first offseason when they made well over 200 roster moves. Anyone who's a champion in fantasy football should know the value of roster churn and waiver wire excellence. Moves cost almost nothing, and the more moves you make, the more chances you have to strike it rich. Guys that won in fantasy football this year probably had their share of Josh Gordon's, Alshon Jeffery's, Panthers/Chiefs defenses, Knowshon Moreno's, Julius Thomas', Nick Foles', etc. PC/JS were so aggressive making moves that in retrospect some of their nice finds (Clemons, BMW, Brock, Stokely, etc) were pretty much instabilities. You aren't going to strike out 250+ times in a row.

[youtube]SiMHTK15Pik[/youtube]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":uyimqlyj said:
changed the fate of this team and brought us to where we are at today? For me, it was the Golden Tate 'fail mary.'
Russell Wilson. With a huge part going to Pete and John being brave and smart enough to draft him and Pete ignoring his ego and starting him. NEVER would have happened under Holmgren ever.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3jaa6yte said:
Paul Allen buying the team.

Without that, the other dominos do not fall.

We probably don't fire Mora (who is turning into a damned good coach at UCLA)

We most assuredly don't make the big pitch for Carroll.

Schneider does not follow.

So the team does not do as well in the later rounds of the draft, meaning no Sherman and almost assuredly no Wilson.

Yup. You have to take it all the way down to the top. This single event (Paul Allen) changed our world. Smart man he is.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
With that logic we could then continue the same line of thinking and say the single event was Paul Allen's parents getting jiggy and causing his conception. We could then take it a few million steps further and say the single event was the creation of existence itself!

I don't know about a mystical singular event but I do know we caught some breaks and turned a whole lot of water into wine along the way. For example:

-Somehow getting Lynch for less than what NO would have given
-Getting Chris Clemons for Darryl Tapp
-Trading away a single year of Josh Wilson and acquiring Sherman with that pick
-Flynn's FA signing concealing our interest in drafting RW
-PHI trading for the pick above ours and, despite their need at the position, taking Brandon Graham instead of ET
-Oakland being Oakland and firing Tom Cable just as we began another foray into finding ourselves an o-line guru
-KC breaking the noise record and causing us to have an even more outrageously loud showing in one of the most important games of this season
-Everything about the 2010 WC game from the miraculously poor division that allowed us to even make the playoffs, to Jeremy Bate's love of calling the deep ball in short yardage situations yielding 3 TDs instead of the usual futility, and lastly to the Beastquake run that established Lynch as a core member of the 'Hawks for years to come

It's an ever-growing list of luck, skill, and overall awesomeness. Copping out with a broad answer or choosing just one doesn't do us justice!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":diflziem said:
With that logic we could then continue the same line of thinking and say the single event was Paul Allen's parents getting jiggy and causing his conception. We could then take it a few million steps further and say the single event was the creation of existence itself!

I don't know about a mystical singular event but I do know we caught some breaks and turned a whole lot of water into wine along the way. For example:

-Somehow getting Lynch for less than what NO would have given
-Getting Chris Clemons for Darryl Tapp
-Trading away a single year of Josh Wilson and acquiring Sherman with that pick
-Flynn's FA signing concealing our interest in drafting RW
-PHI trading for the pick above ours and, despite their need at the position, taking Brandon Graham instead of ET
-Oakland being Oakland and firing Tom Cable just as we began another foray into finding ourselves an o-line guru
-KC breaking the noise record and causing us to have an even more outrageously loud showing in one of the most important games of this season
-Everything about the 2010 WC game from the miraculously poor division that allowed us to even make the playoffs, to Jeremy Bate's love of calling the deep ball in short yardage situations yielding 3 TDs instead of the usual futility, and lastly to the Beastquake run that established Lynch as a core member of the 'Hawks for years to come

It's an ever-growing list of luck, skill, and overall awesomeness. Copping out with a broad answer or choosing just one doesn't do us justice!
I see your point and in fact it's a good argument but would you not agree Wilson is both the both the biggest on field reason and catalyst that has actually transformed PC/JS's vision into reality?

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":221emmd1 said:
With that logic we could then continue the same line of thinking and say the single event was Paul Allen's parents getting jiggy and causing his conception. We could then take it a few million steps further and say the single event was the
creation of the existence itself!

I Love you man.

Latest posts