What team comes from nowhere this year

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sherminator":ittadrnk said:
RedAlice":ittadrnk said:
Neither the Texans or Falcons are teams coming from "nowhere this year."

They are both teams that are historically good and were not last year. They are expected to become good again.

Now, whoever said Vikings - I agree with that. They could go either way, and no one would really be surprised if they won 4 games this year. I think they are going to be surprisingly good, especially towards the last half.

I think you and I both know what can happen when a team surrounds a mediocre QB with a talented roster.
If the Vikings are truly trying to become a better team, naming Cassell the starting QB was the first mistake.

What in the preseason would lead you to believe Matt Cassel has done something to NOT be the starter

26/39, 66.6%completion, 9.4Yards/Attempt, 367 yards 2TD 1INT 103.2 QB rating, 34rushing yards

Bridgewater has been pretty good when he has come in against the 2nd and 3rd string though and its a bummer he wasnt give a fair shot like Wilson was, but then again, Wilson might not have gotten his shot if Flynn didnt get injured for week 3

Bridgewater
26/40,65%completion 266yards, 6.6Yards/Attempt, 4TD, 0INT 117.3 QB Rating

Sherminator

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2aeyu9ob said:
Sherminator":2aeyu9ob said:
RedAlice":2aeyu9ob said:

They are both teams that are historically good and were not last year. They are expected to become good again.

Now, whoever said Vikings - I agree with that. They could go either way, and no one would really be surprised if they won 4 games this year. I think they are going to be surprisingly good, especially towards the last half.

I think you and I both know what can happen when a team surrounds a mediocre QB with a talented roster.
If the Vikings are truly trying to become a better team, naming Cassell the starting QB was the first mistake.

What in the preseason would lead you to believe Matt Cassel has done something to NOT be the starter

26/39, 66.6%completion, 9.4Yards/Attempt, 367 yards 2TD 1INT 103.2 QB rating, 34rushing yards

Bridgewater has been pretty good when he has come in against the 2nd and 3rd string though and its a bummer he wasnt give a fair shot like Wilson was, but then again, Wilson might not have gotten his shot if Flynn didnt get injured for week 3

Bridgewater

My answer to you is that 4 th word in your response.
Cassel has a history of being a mediocre QB, IMO that outshines 3 good preseason games.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Sherminator":2i4qwl9o said:
WilsonMVP":2i4qwl9o said:
Sherminator":2i4qwl9o said:
RedAlice":2i4qwl9o said:

Bridgewater

My answer to you is that 4 th word in your response.
Cassel has a history of being a mediocre QB, IMO that outshines 3 good preseason games.

Agree. But Cassel is 32, has been with 3 teams, and has been a Pro Bowler. McCown is 35, has been with 9 teams, and has never remotely sniffed the Pro Bowl, but .net loves the Bucs. Interesting logic.

Rex

Reaction score
Rams. Strength is defense and special teams which have improved. Rams wanted Hill as backup and the drop off from Bradford may not be as great as most expect.

HHawk121

Reaction score
ivotuk":3gide4hq said:
Tennessee Titans. Ken Whisenhunt is a damn good coach who gets the most out of his running game and QB. AZ was a fool to fire him and relegate themselves to false hopes and mediocrity.

I give Whisenhunt a lot of credit for getting Philip Rivers back on track and for Ryan Mathews career year.

I think you give him far too much credit. He didn't do ANYTHING for AZ.. That would be Kurt "25 completions in a row" Warner. Notice their RAPID decline after their push for a Superbowl? I think he knows how to motivate, but otherwise is worthless. IMHO of course.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think the Falcons will be awful again. That defense couldn't stop a nose bleed, their OL is in shambles and they have no running game. They win 5 games at the most IMO

My dark horses are: The Washington D.C. team (I think they win the division), the Jets and the Bears. I agree with kearly that the Vikes could be a surprise too if Bridgewater gets in there. I could see the Jags also pushing for a near .500 season and the AFC is such a shitshow, who knows.. they could be in the WC race.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Gonna go with the jags, since 8 wins would seem miraculous on paper after last year.

Go gus

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":27qos7k4 said:
Tennessee Titans. Ken Whisenhunt is a damn good coach who gets the most out of his running game and QB. AZ was a fool to fire him and relegate themselves to false hopes and mediocrity.

I give Whisenhunt a lot of credit for getting Philip Rivers back on track and for Ryan Mathews career year.

I think Bruce Arians is the better coach, so I feel they came out on top when they fired the Wiz.

kearly

Reaction score
In other news, I think I just sprained my shoulder... from patting myself on the back about Miami. :)

The Pats are in big trouble if the Dolphins run game success holds up.

The Dolphins are now 5-2 in their last seven games against 2013 playoff teams.