What team in the NFC do you MOST want to face?

What team do you most want to face in our first playoff game?

• Atlanta

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Detroit

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • Tampa Bay

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • NY Giants

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • Green Bay

Votes: 25 21.9%

• Total voters

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Falcons that game was done and dusted by half time then they had a fluky comeback to make it close.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I'm with the crowd who wants Tampa. You've got the revenge factor, the cross-country flight, the power of 12 along with the fact that Tampa isn't really anything special. That adds up to a slaughter.

Also agree that the Earl-less-ness of the team makes the Packers, Falcons and even Lions more scary than they really ought to be.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm floored that Green Bay has so few votes. Am I part of simply a minority percentage around here that enjoys revenge? Also, steel sharpens steel; looking for the easiest route to the Super Bowl is just lowering your chance of actually winning the big game.

hawker84

Reaction score
Giants for me. For some reason we seem to game plan against them well. Second would be Tampa, I think last meeting was a fluke.

mikeak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":j7nkdqx1 said:
I'm floored that Green Bay has so few votes. Am I part of simply a minority percentage around here that enjoys revenge? Also, steel sharpens steel; looking for the easiest route to the Super Bowl is just lowering your chance of actually winning the big game.

From the Hail Mary to the playoff game two years ago to this years game - Green Bay has been the better team and in those three games should be 3-0

Somehow we are 2-1 in those three games

Do I want revenge - yes

Do I think GB would beat us......- yes

So do I prefer a different team - YES

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2v2v1wy4 said:

Do you want revenge, or do you want to win.

It's pretty obvious over the past 2-3 years that GB is VERY good at scheming us, as good as our own divisional teams.

I'd much rather play the Giants, Skins, Lions or Falcons again.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think Detroit. They just aren't as good as their record indicates. They've benefited from playing a cupcake schedule all season. They're extremely one dimensional on offense with their inability to run the ball. Their defense has been solid but nothing that would give me cause for concern. Riddick and Ebron would be the toughest covers, but we could probably beat them by double digits rather easily.

My next choice would be Tampa and then Atlanta.

The two teams I don't want to face are the Packers and Giants. The Giants don't scare me offensively, but that defense could give our offense major problems. And at this point, no one wants to face Rodgers and the Packers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I truly don't care who they face, and I doubt the team cares. Detroit looks pretty overrated imo, and I think the Hawks would smoke them. Would love another shot at Green Bay or Tampa Bay.
Shoot, you could argue that the Giants are as hot as any team we would face.

fuego

Reaction score
sdog1981":2arnk2k0 said:
The Falcons that game was done and dusted by half time then they had a fluky comeback to make it close.

Flukey? Now there's a delusional fan. :179422:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
mikeak":2rbin140 said:
RolandDeschain":2rbin140 said:

From the Hail Mary to the playoff game two years ago to this years game - Green Bay has been the better team and in those three games should be 3-0

Do I want revenge - yes

Ehh, I don't buy it

We blew them out in 2014, on our turf.

We beat them in the playoffs that same year, on our own turf AFTER having one of our worst games

The two times we've lost to them in recent memory has been on their grass field. The same has been the case for when we face the Panthers, or most recently the Bucs. Our team relies on speed and quickness, and that's nullified on a grass field. Somehow Carroll hasn't figured out how to adjust a proper game plan for that

But as it stands, we'll either be playing on our turf or Cowboys turf. If we see the Packers, it will be in our house. We will destroy them. Bank on it

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":s3rb0dam said:

I think it'd be a much different game at CLink than Lambeau, but I'd never openly pine to face Aaron Rodgers over say.. Matt Stafford or Jameis Winston.

That said I have a feeling you're going to get your wish. GB is definitely winning that division and then they'd get a NYG, Tampa or Washington in frigid Lambeau. None of those are games they can't win.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Scorpion05":as16f9p1 said:
mikeak":as16f9p1 said:
RolandDeschain":as16f9p1 said:

Do I want revenge - yes

We beat them in the playoffs that same year, on our own turf AFTER having one of our worst games

Lol are you really puffing out your chest about winning a game that literally should have been over 5 different times? Yes we were resilient as all hell and capitalized on the mistakes but the Packers had NO business losing that game.

I think we'd beat GB because we are a different animal at home and their defense is still pure baby poo but that NFC Championship game isn't necessarily one to boast about team supremacy with.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bo7vo5y said:
RolandDeschain":3bo7vo5y said:

Do you want revenge, or do you want to win.

It's pretty obvious over the past 2-3 years that GB is VERY good at scheming us, as good as our own divisional teams.

I'd much rather play the Giants, Skins, Lions or Falcons again.
Some people back down from a challenge. Some accept it and try to improve by it.

Not to make some unilateral judgments on people in this thread.....

Hell, who am I kidding? That's exactly what I'm doing, and it's very debatable as to whether I'm wrong for doing it. ;)

Time and time again, teams that get murdered in Super Bowls or whom are favorites in the playoffs but get murdered before they even reach the Super Bowl are teams who played EASY schedules to get a high seed, and they get exposed. I don't want that, and I don't think anybody else should, either. It doesn't bode well for the outcome of the one game that matters.