What the big boards say about Seattle's opportunities

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Personally, I think Henry's a awesome fit for Seattle. With his speed and size there's so many big plays available in this offense for a RB like him who can play skinny or play strong. He can break tackles up the middle but also has the moves break tackles in the open field. I'm a big fan of Jonathan Williams too and I'd put Henry in the same type RB except Henry is faster and bigger. Plus, I think there's there's more similarities in Alabama and Seattle's offense than with Dallas. Henry could come in and basically run the offense how Cable and Pete wants it run. I really hope he's there with the #26 pick becuase I think he deserves the top 32 grade and Seatttle loves the run game so much he needs to be in consideration.

After J Williams in the 3rd round I really haven't found a RB I feel good about backing up Rawls.It feels like a year that they wmight have to draft a RB early or wait till the late rounds or UDFA and add a few players and hope to get lucky.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of us drafting Henry. He is awful when he is contacted in the backfield and our OL allows this to happen way too often. One of Rawls strengths IMO, was his ability to get the ball to the LOS immediately. He led the league in lowest % of plays gaining 0 or negative yards. I imagine Henry behind our OL would resemble injured 2015 Lynch behind our OL.

penihawk

Reaction score
Well this is how I go about drafting from that list without knowing how F/A turns out:

Sheldon Rankins DT
Nick Martin C/G
Connor McGovern G/T
Javon Hargrave DT
Marshaun Coprich RB

All five of those guys could play lots of snaps as rookies and play well imo. :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":39l4nn1q said:
Personally, I think Henry's a awesome fit for Seattle. With his speed and size there's so many big plays available in this offense for a RB like him who can play skinny or play strong. He can break tackles up the middle but also has the moves break tackles in the open field. I'm a big fan of Jonathan Williams too and I'd put Henry in the same type RB except Henry is faster and bigger. Plus, I think there's there's more similarities in Alabama and Seattle's offense than with Dallas. Henry could come in and basically run the offense how Cable and Pete wants it run. I really hope he's there with the #26 pick becuase I think he deserves the top 32 grade and Seatttle loves the run game so much he needs to be in consideration.

After J Williams in the 3rd round I really haven't found a RB I feel good about backing up Rawls.It feels like a year that they wmight have to draft a RB early or wait till the late rounds or UDFA and add a few players and hope to get lucky.

If our offensive line got a hell of a lot better, I'd be fine with it. Henry is a head of steam RB though and he needs pristine conditions to look his best. Running behind Alabama's OL will do that. Seattle's OL, not so much.

Though Henry has freaky size and speed, his lateral cuts are just average and his balance is below average. He's a bit of a top heavy back like Turbin was. And like Turbin, he doesn't improvise much, he just plows ahead. He's a back that will do more behind an ace OL than most RBs would, and vice-versa.

I don't want to see him in Seattle, but I don't want to see him in Dallas or Carolina either.

chris98251

Reaction score
What I wish were available was a Rankings of College lines and then taking that the RB on those teams measured on yards after first contact and yards created on his own. As we sit now that's the type of back we use best, Henry reminds me a lot of Michael but Michael cuts better.