what to do about the Fullback position

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd also like to see the team re-sign Cottam, alomNg with Reece.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'm in the Reece camp. I thought he was a great addition last year. Mack Strong was making pro bowls well into his 30s.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":tat6l7pv said:
Reece.

UW product
Cable guy in Oakland
Can catch and run the ball, reads running lanes well and makes the right block, knows the system.
Last season was the first time he was ever in the playoffs and it was with us.

I think the evidence states he will resign reasonable, everything is aligned in his favor and he is familiar with his surroundings, not sure if he lives here but going to school here is a bonus. He wants to experience winning football and a chance for a ring as well, with everything above this is his best shot unless he goes to New England which last time I looked really don't use a Fullback at all. Here he would be used what on like 25 to 30 percent of the plays, maybe more as a third down option due to his receiving skills.

Agreed!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3b2ize7i said:
jammerhawk":3b2ize7i said:
Sign Marcel Reece and solve the problem.

Reece is 31 so problem might still be there. He is a great backfield receiver, though, and a few years ago, one of the best at the FB position so he might be worth a try.

Perhaps a good insurance play?

He is 31, but has very few miles on his legs. There was nothing about what he did last year that made me think his age is catching up to him. He has fresher legs than most players his age. That 30 year old cliff applies to running backs that have taken over 6000 reps, I think 6000 was the number I heard.

Not only did he not look old last year, but he came in and played really well for not having any time in the system. Well, he had a year under cable in Oakland, but that was a long time ago. I want to see him with a full off season.

The other reason why I don't think his age is a big deal is because speed has never been a big aspect of his game.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":30u8lv46 said:
semiahmoo":30u8lv46 said:
jammerhawk":30u8lv46 said:
Sign Marcel Reece and solve the problem.

Reece is 31 so problem might still be there. He is a great backfield receiver, though, and a few years ago, one of the best at the FB position so he might be worth a try.

Perhaps a good insurance play?

He is 31, but has very few miles on his legs. There was nothing about what he did last year that made me think his age is catching up to him. He has fresher legs than most players his age. That 30 year old cliff applies to running backs that have taken over 6000 reps, I think 6000 was the number I heard.

Not only did he not look old last year, but he came in and played really well for not having any time in the system. Well, he had a year under cable in Oakland, but that was a long time ago. I want to see him with a full off season.

The other reason why I don't think his age is a big deal is because speed has never been a big aspect of his game.

All great points. If he can fill that FB position then great. The Hawks offense at its best had a solid-performing fullback to assist. Good blocking, decent hands, and the occasional short-yardage smash. We haven't had it for a few seasons and it shows.