What was Doug so peeved at

Gibbo

Reaction score
seabowl":hpxmwv8l said:
I don't care what it was about you just don't do that as a professional. IMO he was trying to garner attention and knew people would see his tirade. Hey Doug, take a look at where Bennett, Sherm, and soon to be Earl are or going to be. You play for the team, you don't coach the team, so act like it.

Sorry that is just complete nonsense.

There’s zero chance Doug staged that for attention. Zero.

I don’t have a problem with it. He’s passionate; he cares. That stuff happens a lot on the sidelines.

sutz

Reaction score
Some lame comments. I mean, if he was mad about play calling, why would he be yelling at some staff guy who has nothing to do with that?
:34853_doh:

I expect we'll hear some comments this week about what was really behind that. They fist bumped later, so it would seem that some fans are more worried about that than they are. I know I'm not.

Doug is a Seahawk to his core. All his outbreak proves to me is that he cares deeply about this team and its success. The rest is eyewash.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
This is the biggest non issue being blown way out of proportion that I’ve seen in a long time. Here are the facts:

-we don’t know what he was mad about.
-we don’t know if it was even directed at the person he was yelling at.
-we don’t know if he was even mad or was just animatedly having a conversation.
-he and the other person fist bumped and seemed fine afterwards.

Sometimes angry seeming conversations are not negatively based. Doug could have been passionate about what was served at the pregame meal and this guy got a front row seat to the passion. We all saw what ever it was on tv. I doubt anyone else on the team was really even aware that it happened. I highly doubt it had any effect on the on field play of the game. I doubt that Pete or Schotty or Russ or anyone else said “look at Doug yelling at the assistant personnel guy, we need to play better. Let’s go!”

Please quit making this an issue by assuming you know what it was about or how this “interaction “ might have affected the game or Fougs future role as a Seahawk.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Baldwin earned the right to do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Whoever he is yelling at needs to do what he says. Period.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2kpz0s6a said:
seabowl":2kpz0s6a said:
I don't care what it was about you just don't do that as a professional. IMO he was trying to garner attention and knew people would see his tirade. Hey Doug, take a look at where Bennett, Sherm, and soon to be Earl are or going to be. You play for the team, you don't coach the team, so act like it.

This. Baldwins act isnt cute or funny. Its embarrassing. He will be the next big piece of drama the team will need to take care of after the Earl situation.

:pukeface:

mikeak

Reaction score
truehawksfan":90hjwanh said:
I have to agree that people are making this bigger then it really is.

I recall Tom Brady really got into it with currrnt Texans HC Bill O’Brien when he was the Pats OC.

It happens. And it seems as if both have moved on...IMO, we should too.

Yelling at the OC makes sense

Player personnel director or whatever? Can’t recall seeing that before

Seymour

Reaction score
I didn't care much for it, but he looked to keep it between him and the coach he was going at which is good.

Also, at least he didn't go off on Erin Andrews. :3-1:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
My guess is offensive formation stupidity resulting in predictability which makes the opposing defense's job much easier; a specialty of our former OC's.

kidhawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3ejxozrw said:
This is the biggest non issue being blown way out of proportion that I’ve seen in a long time. Here are the facts:

-we don’t know what he was mad about.
-we don’t know if it was even directed at the person he was yelling at.
-we don’t know if he was even mad or was just animatedly having a conversation.
-he and the other person fist bumped and seemed fine afterwards.

Sometimes angry seeming conversations are not negatively based. Doug could have been passionate about what was served at the pregame meal and this guy got a front row seat to the passion. We all saw what ever it was on tv. I doubt anyone else on the team was really even aware that it happened. I highly doubt it had any effect on the on field play of the game. I doubt that Pete or Schotty or Russ or anyone else said “look at Doug yelling at the assistant personnel guy, we need to play better. Let’s go!”

Please quit making this an issue by assuming you know what it was about or how this “interaction “ might have affected the game or Fougs future role as a Seahawk.

I would also add that many have said how loud it was at the stadium, so that could have played a roll in it as well. It's really impossible to say anything without someone telling us what was said or it getting picked up on a mic. As many mics as there are on a football field, I would think that if something happened there that would get press, it would have hit the airwaves by now

Hachtung

Reaction score
Doug was standing behind the guy and the guy crop dusted him.... Doug lost it....

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
As someone said how is this any worse than Brady caught yelling "do your *** job" at his own teammates? Is that embarrassing?
I would be surprised to hear any stories like Doug reading books in team meetings or tuning out the coach's message so I don't think there's anyway he's shipped out. Even in street clothes, the guy is intense and wants the team to win. On the shot of the Lockett TD where it looks like the endzone shot, look at Doug celebrating as Lockett runs by him.

Gibbo

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1kjg09lh said:
As someone said how is this any worse than Brady caught yelling "do your *** job" at his own teammates? Is that embarrassing?
I would be surprised to hear any stories like Doug reading books in team meetings or tuning out the coach's message so I don't think there's anyway he's shipped out. Even in street clothes, the guy is intense and wants the team to win. On the shot of the Lockett TD where it looks like the endzone shot, look at Doug celebrating as Lockett runs by him.

He was also celebrating with shotty too.

toffee

Reaction score
bigcc":2d3ud93p said:
Kryten":2d3ud93p said:
The guy he was yelling at was Trent Kirchner, Co-Director of Player Personnel. Maybe he was pissed they signed Brandon Marshall.

Correct person, wrong reason, the guy scouts college players during the off season and nfl rosters during the season... No idea why Baldwin would have an issue with him

Dude scouted Penny?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
If that was the personnel director, the only reason for Doug to be that animated (that I can think of) is if it was about the whole Earl situation. Since I lip-read him saying "It's f-ing BS" (this is the cleaned up version for the main forum) I believe that's exactly what he was talking about.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
They showed after the rant, Doug and the guy he was "discussing" things with fist bumping afterwards so it seemed like they were cool with each other so if they are cool with it I don't see a problem with it.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m sure Pete will give us all the juicy details at his next press conference.
[/sarcasm]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Steve2222":icrsn9in said:
pittpnthrs":icrsn9in said:
seabowl":icrsn9in said:

This. Baldwins act isnt cute or funny. Its embarrassing. He will be the next big piece of drama the team will need to take care of after the Earl situation.

I’m glad you don’t run the organization. Pretty sure I’ve seen Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Kam, Antonio Brown, etc. etc. etc. go ape**** on the sidelines.

Sherm and Bennett are off the team because they vocally expressed their displeasure for the team and their jealousy towards Russell Wilson. Those two were cancer. Doug is far from cancer.

Also, as you can clearly see, Earls teammates love him and I don’t think he’s ever hinted at any animosity towards Russell. Prior to this year, he’s always been a quiet leader. Earl is clearly unhappy, however it’s not affecting his play, or the defenses play. He’s on a glide path to have the best season of his career lol. I’m actually quite impressed with Earl right now TBH.

This whole ADB freaking out on the sideline is such a non-story.

We'll see