What was Doug so peeved at

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Whole lotta slave mentality in here from some 1950s whackjobs. Might as well just stop breathing, I mean holy ish, you're dead inside.

StoneCold

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1p3iqn4f said:
Angry Doug is awesome. End of story.

As long as your teammates like you, do whatever the hell you want.

And, as everyone knows, the Patriots are a love fest of respect and camaraderie.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've yet to read about why Doug was yelling at a personnel person, so I can't really say whether it's a big deal or not until I know the context of the outburst.

Doug's an intense dude, and he's pissed he's hurt and not playing. But yelling at a non-coach? Doesn't really make sense.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3i8847zl said:
I've yet to read about why Doug was yelling at a personnel person, so I can't really say whether it's a big deal or not until I know the context of the outburst.

Doug's an intense dude, and he's pissed he's hurt and not playing. But yelling at a non-coach? Doesn't really make sense.

Maybe he's just being a fan, ranting and raving like we all do about every perceived or real slight, miscue, ineptitude and so on.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
seabowl":13m5upok said:
Common misconception. People are people and the profession does not matter. Accept behavior like that and employees take notice and then you have more and more acting the same way. See the last 3 years for example. Sherm, Lynch (finger), Doug, etc... As time went on more and more were acting out. Again no matter the profession if you accept it then it will spread. If you don't the message will be received and it will come to a stop. The key is you cannot allow it from the very start. Hate to state it like this but it's management 101.
...So, the chef at the grill at Chili's is the same as being Gordon Ramsay? Okay.

Going to have to disagree on this one. Things are different at the top of any profession compared to what's beneath it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":128pbdz9 said:
seabowl":128pbdz9 said:
Common misconception. People are people and the profession does not matter. Accept behavior like that and employees take notice and then you have more and more acting the same way. See the last 3 years for example. Sherm, Lynch (finger), Doug, etc... As time went on more and more were acting out. Again no matter the profession if you accept it then it will spread. If you don't the message will be received and it will come to a stop. The key is you cannot allow it from the very start. Hate to state it like this but it's management 101.
...So, the chef at the grill at Chili's is the same as being Gordon Ramsay? Okay.

Going to have to disagree on this one. Things are different at the top of any profession compared to what's beneath it.

Exactly right, and that's a common misconception that many on here make when discussing these players.

Ozzy

Reaction score
They fist bumped afterwards.

sutz

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":8nioxws6 said:
Such behavior by one of my employees would result in him being shown the door......period! :rumble:
So let us know when you buy a pro footbal franchise so you can treat these players "right."

:twisted:

UGotHawked

Reaction score
It was the coin toss. Doug believed they flipped a double-sided coin, and Kirchner said he was crazy. :D

zetes

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3a3liclj said:
Such behavior by one of my employees would result in him being shown the door......period! :rumble:

I don't fault you for having that opinion and you may be right to do so in your situation. However, not all jobs and industries are the same and neither are all managers/bosses. I have seen guys with tremendous talent (not talking sports) who get away with a lot of stuff that people that lack their talent would not. As Pete has said before - everybody is treated fairly but that doesn't mean everybody is treated equally. In the end, if the business is better off with putting up with this type of "employee" then it can make sense to put up with it. I am not commenting on my opinion about Doug since we don't know what he was ranting about but chances are that even if he was complaining about the offensive game plan that Pete wouldn't make a big deal about it because he consistently has not .... and Seahawks have done pretty well under his watch.

Z.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Football is an emotional game. Showing emotion sometimes leads to better play from teammates. I loved it. The whole team was playing with more emotion than they had during the first two weeks of the season. It was great to see.

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
pacific101":apuwb2wp said:
Whatever it was, he was pretty damn passionate about it. Whatever message he was trying to relay to the Seahawk executive he was lasered in on, with his rant, it must have gotten his attention, because if anyone was paying attention, the entire dynamic of the game shifted, and the offense finally clicked and started playing like the cohesive unit, that most of us were waiting to see occur.
Our running game was not abandoned, and that opened up our passing game, that, in my assessment, brought our offense full circle and finally playing like a well disciplined professional offense the rest of the game. Something clicked and if it took Dougie loosing his cool and chewing a head or two off, in order to get their attention, then I for one hope Doug gets pissed off enough to tell it like it is anytime he feels the need to.
I think perhaps a pissed off fed up Doug Baldwin is a really good thing, and if justified, a much needed occurrence. If that is what it takes to get their attention then so be it. You can bet your asses the from here on out when Doug Baldwin speaks, that the higher ups are going to listen to what he speaks, which in my experience is always the Gods honest truth, pure and simple.

Go Seahawks!

It is good to see the fist bump after the tantrum. It did show some respect! Does the coaching staff not take input well from the players and that is why the get all worked up? Some people are just more passionate or emotional!

A.D.B. initiated the fist bump but also all the emotion earlier.

taz291819

Reaction score
TreeRon":3gio9s54 said:
Sgt. Largent":3gio9s54 said:

Maybe he's just being a fan, ranting and raving like we all do about every perceived or real slight, miscue, ineptitude and so on.

Pete was asked about it during his presser, and while he said he didn't know exactly what Doug said, he alluded to the above.

He said he jokingly said to Doug, "Just because we're on Fox doesn't mean you need the cameras on you all the time", or something along those lines.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1045402046843707392[/tweet]

also ................................................................
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1045404499139997696[/tweet]
...................... good to read that practice squad members are fully engaged and contribute on game day

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
We here are worried about someone caring about the team and being passionate about it while Dallas is crying because no one would be passionate on the sidelines to uplift the team.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Jville":4dqb3gpr said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1045402046843707392[/tweet]

also ................................................................
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1045404499139997696[/tweet]
...................... good to read that practice squad members are fully engaged and contribute on game day

So how complex are the Cowboy signals if 2 of the young guys figured it out by the 2nd quarter. Raise 1 finger for man, 2 for zone, 3 for blitz?

chris98251

Reaction score
I thought a defensive player had a helmet mic also, were they using hand signals or keying off on field signals from the MLB.

chris98251

Reaction score
I thought a defensive player had a helmet mic also, were they using hand signals or keying off on field signals from the MLB.