What was your response?

OP
OP
minormillikin

minormillikin

Reaction score
halps80":m4yf86l6 said:
I was out of town at a sports bar in Tampa filled with packers fans. I fell flat on my back in the (filthy) floor with my fists in the air like dikembe mutumbo while my buddies piled on me.

This is awesome. Being in enemy or neutral territory is its own kind of fun.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Jumped up, let out a primal scream....grabbed my crotch and got fined.

kmeleon

Reaction score
I ran around the sports bar I was at in PA screaming WOOOOOOOOOO. Yup I'm a "WOOOO-Girl" and I'm fine with that!!! :mrgreen: Was funny though, I was the only hawks fan and there were a couple Packers fans but I was certainly the loudest during the game. People were high fiving me and congratulating us, felt great! Still hard to believe.

This team is so resilient, it's disgusting! God I love this team! Greatest time to be a Hawks fans, enjoy this time because you will probably never see it again in your lifetimes! :th2thumbs:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Screamed "YES!!!" at the top of my lungs while I jumped up and down, I fell to my knees on the ground and then screamed "THEY DID IT!!" over and over until I had no voice left.

kmeleon

Reaction score
DynoHawk":1opdqcqa said:
Jumped up, let out a primal scream....grabbed my crotch and got fined.

LOL, speaking of which, I'm sure Lynch will get fined again for that TD run crotch grab....It was so worth it though!

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I stood there still in sec 117 and scanned back up the field for flags.
Then, went crazy!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I was standing in the stadium in silence running all the scenarios through my head of how the game might end, thinking "just get 3, green bay isn't scoring another TD on us tod...." and before I finished the thought Kearse was hauing in the TD. Another pause while I waited for a ref to signal TD. After that it's a blur as the place exploded.

During several of those final plays the stadium shook in a way that felt almost alarmingly unsafe. lol.

Lanakila

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone could stay sitting for the last 5 minutes of that game. I looked at my 11 year old daughter who watched the game with me and yelled, We won! Then we hugged and high fived and yelled and just generally freaked out.

taco40

Reaction score
Uncle Si":29c6vu9w said:
I just shook my head.

seriously. the game made no sense.

Three minutes before that play, I posted on the game day thread: you want irony? Kearse for the TD

I was so emotionally spent after watching the OLine blow into GB's defensive front and releasing the Beast and then watching Matthews capture the outstanding kick by Hauschka that I just stood up from the couch to see who caught the ball in the end zone. Kearse' Rain City Redemtion.

I then just quietly repeated, "We're going to the Super Bowl again."

White Knight

Reaction score
Lanakila":1f3s05ll said:
I don't know how anyone could stay sitting for the last 5 minutes of that game. I looked at my 11 year old daughter who watched the game with me and yelled, We won! Then we hugged and high fived and yelled and just generally freaked out.

Screamed various unintelligible sounds, started jumping up and down and high-fiving/hugging anyone around me. I'll never forget that moment, in the stadium surrounded by our brothers/sisters in arms.

After that initial euphoric outburst. I just kept shaking my head, saying WOW over and over. An experience like no other!

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
My response was a 3 minute rollercoaster ride of emotions.... first the whole family us dressed in hawks gear and on the 4th pick I told everyone to take off their stuff they were jinxing us (the wife just had the sideline hat with the pom pom and I flat out told her to take it off!) As soon as the balance of that was in order I grabbed my 4 month baby girl (was inside my wife's belly when we won the Superbowl last year) for good luck she was my only girl of five and my last child so she must be lucky and watch us come back to take the lead then head into overtime and watch ducked behind the back of my couch with just my eyes peaking over the back first the throw to ADB I stood up a little more then the pass to kearse I completely jumped to the ceiling and touched the ceiling ( I gave my baby to my wife right before the pass cause I had a feeling we were gonna win ) by the way I got 12 ft high ceilings never touch them or jumped that high ever and I'm 37 now .... and then ran around my house all the family is screaming I was in a bit of shock of what I just witnessed and then just watched every bit of highlights and post game stuff as I could just to watch all who doubted us have to sit there and say we WON it was a hell of a night .... then watched the replay on NFL network until 330 am then went to bed took about 1 hr to get to sleep .... lucky I'm off today... thank you Dr king!!!!

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2ppu4y8o said:
First I hugged the Sea Chicken. For real

Then I leaned over the rail and hugged Chris Matthews, Luke Willson, Jermaine Kearse and a whole bunch of other Hawks. (Thomas jersey, lower right corner)

- bsd RPA

Hey, here you are again via the Seattle PI website:
20150118seahawksnfc_15.jpg

As for my reaction, I just stood up from the couch (or maybe I was already standing), put my hands on my head and said something along the lines of "No effing way".

Sac

Reaction score
Sac was at a BBQ filled with Niner fans giving me teh business for 55 minutes....

I then proceeded to high five and hug EVERY one of them. Whether they liked it or not.

OP
OP
minormillikin

minormillikin

Reaction score
Speaking of "no effing way," I remember a couple other interesting responses.

I texted HOLY $&&# to a bunch of friends.

My dad's response: Looks like I'm buying the 70 incher . . He was going to stick with his 60 inch screen if they lost, and buying a new one if they won.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":20ms58pv said:
Sac was at a BBQ filled with Niner fans giving me teh business for 55 minutes....

I then proceeded to high five and hug EVERY one of them. Whether they liked it or not.
Love it.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
When the Seahawks chose to punt with under 7 minutes to go, I told my 11 year old son... "It ain't over til it's over." He said he was feeling sick to his stomach (he's a good, passionate youth football player.) He tackled me in our living room in Orlando in jubilant celebration when Marshawn scored to take the lead. I screamed "Ho-ly Catfish... Touchdown Seahawks!!!" when Kearse caught the most beautiful TD pass of the NFL season and our family erupted.

I can totally relate to the OP. I was in a glorious fog until about halftime of the AFC Championship. I recorded the post game and have to re-watch it. I'm not sure I was coherent. Something must have got in one of my eyes when I saw Russell crying on TV. When Steve Largent was announced to present the NFC Championship trophy, I must have got something in my other eye.

What a privilege the world had to see a glimpse into the passionate soul of a special athlete. Thank you, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks, for putting on a clinic of heart and resolve. Parents and coaches of young athletes have all the material they need compacted in one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I literally launched out of my seat and on my husband for a hugging celebration. The amazing thing is that I did it even though I am handicapped and physically unable to do this maneuver on my own for any reason. My husband was so shocked that I did it. The Hawks bring out the best in me apparently. :thirishdrinkers: It was a GREAT evening!!!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I was pacing behind my couch. I think I screamed "Yeeees!" as I dropped to my knees before I fell over backwards. I then descended into uncontrollable laughter. Bit of a blur though.

Hawks46

Reaction score
After that 2 point conversion I was speechless. I felt like we were the team of destiny.

It took me a bit, but that's when I finally realized we were going to win the game. I was saying to folks in the bar "Lynch scored too fast, he should've knelt at the 1". Then after the conversion, I was saying "a FG can't geat us now".

After that Baldwin catch I jumped out of my seat at the bar I was in and starting screaming "holy shit" and high five'ing all the other Hawks fans there.

I had barely sat down when Wilson launched that pass. I stood up halfway through it and screamed "there it is". When he caught it (and no flags) I started screaming "holy shit" and "unbelievable" for about 5 minutes.

Then I couldn't believe that we had actually won it for the next half an hour. That was the most amazing game I can remember seeing for our Seahawks.

I aged 5 years and had 2 mini strokes that game for sure.

dunceface

Reaction score
Was at a bar in San Diego with about 10 other Hawks fans and I was saying the whole time that you can't count this team out EVER
and when it happened everybody lost their shit and there was much jumping and hugging and yelling and celebrating!

Latest posts