What will be our reaction….

xray

Reaction score
…if the Hawks pass on a QB in the 1st round and take a player we weren't expecting instead . Many of us are assuming that JS is targeting a QB on day one ; but he may not . Hasn't this happened before ?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Anyone have any data on how often a good QB is found in the draft vs trades or signing free agents?

Mase

Reaction score
- The "we have to draft a QB", is one of those franchise killing moves, that I really hope we avoid. I give you Kenny Pickett. Stealers "needed" a QB. Local boy. Perfect fit. Think they would be better with McDuffie, Walker, Smith, Linderbaum, who were picked right after?

- Think of all the guys that we were told we should take that year. Ridder, Howell, Willis, Pickett. Hmm, no one mentioned Purdy. Point being, if you need a QB, you can reach by 10 picks, 20, maybe even a full round, if you are sure he is the guy. But historically taking a QB simply because you need one, stupid idea.

- I want to trust in whoever JS identifies as our next QB, but if we take a Nix or McCarthy early, I will be filled with dread, just hoping they prove me wrong.

Mase

James in PA

Reaction score
The "wtf" is gonna come when John trades down, although it shouldn't surprise anyone at this point. He loves doing it regardless, but with not having a 2nd rounder this year you can just about take it to the bank. I hate not having that 2nd so much. Really complicates things. If we re-sign Big Cat, I'll feel better about it.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m actually going to say ‘WTF’ if we pick the 4th or 5th rated guy, at his position, with pick 16.

Like…a big ‘WTF’.

DT, DE, or safety…or a trade back.

*Edit* Like a throw shit at the TV ‘WTF’. A my wife just paid $950 for a tree trimming service ‘WTF’. Those kind of ‘WTF’s’.

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
We need O line and D line right now. We have needed a QB for some time but we have a capable QB (I want a QBOTF as much as anybody) we really need to focus on both lines this draft

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Hasn't this happened before ?
We don't really know what a JS without PC will do.

Considering the 2025 QB class I think not taking one in round 1 would be a mistake. Unless one of the 6 QB options falls into round 2 and JS is undaunted by the reasons for the drop.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
"WTF" will be the understatement of the century if we draft either a corner, running back, or receiver with any of our first 3 selections.
RB is guaranteed so don’t be surprised. But DJ could finally be gone so why not snag that little green demon from Oregon ?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if we take an OT in the first round. Lucas's knee might prevent him from being our answer at RT and Cross, although far from being a bust, isn't playing well enough to justify picking up his 5th year option, something we haven't done with any of our #1 picks since the change was implemented.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Anyone have any data on how often a good QB is found in the draft vs trades or signing free agents?
I think the actual percentage of drafting a difference making QB in the 1st round is pretty low. Fans want to see their team take a swing but I think what Seattle has done is just as effective.

I could easily see John Schneider take anything/anyone at 16.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I think I might be a little more surprised if they take a QB unless an obvious guy who was expected to go higher starts free-falling. I don't want us to force a QB pick at that spot and end up with a Christian Ponder or what is looking like a Kenny Picket situation.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
I wonder if Macdonald has much input on draft picks ; or is this all on JS to have the final word ? As I posted elsewhere JS better not whiff badly in this draft because all eyes are on him now .

Latest posts