What will be our reaction….

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Imo , the draft is a crapshoot ; especially with QBs . Remember that these guys are college kids , that are expected to roll with the veteran big dogs , and many just can't . History shows us a long long list of high prospects from the draft that were flops . There will be more flops this draft too ; just hope the Hawks don't get any .

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I would say "WTF" if they did take a QB when the trenches are in such poor shape. I'm concerned about the LB's too and of course they need safeties. There's a ton of holes that need addressed. Hope JS has it in him to conjure up some magic.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Load the line first, so the following year you have a better O-line that can protect a Rookie QB vs bring in a Rookie QB who will get slaughtered and not be able to develop. This is a slow process. Contenders are not built in a single season, this team is not at the bottom, but if you're trying to build a superbowl contender and not just a playoff contender... it's going to take more than one season. accept it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I wonder if Macdonald has much input on draft picks ; or is this all on JS to have the final word ? As I posted elsewhere JS better not whiff badly in this draft because all eyes are on him now .
I would be surprised if they don’t all work together…Schneider, Macdonald, OC, DC, and assistant coaches/scouts….

Not getting input from everyone (at least those with information) is a recipe for disaster…

beaumaris

Reaction score
I wonder if Macdonald has much input on draft picks ; or is this all on JS to have the final word ? As I posted elsewhere JS better not whiff badly in this draft because all eyes are on him now .
Of course he has.Why take a top job where you have no input.:rolleyes:

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm sure the "guys" will sort out our prioritys and draft accordingly.

1. DL Murphy or Latu

2. LB or OG

ECT.....

Torc

Reaction score
I’d be surprised if Seattle drafts a QB within the first 3 rounds (considering they don’t have a second round pick) if they traded up to do so would surprise me even more.

Here’s my bold prediction:

Seattle DOES NOT draft a QB AT ALL this year!
This is just about my take as well. I would not be surprised if they take one later, but I don't think they'll take one in round one (or two, if they trade down to get a pick there)

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I'd say wtf if they pick bpa. And wtf if they yet again pick a RB in the 2nd round. If that's to happen, then we know Schneider has had more say than we thought.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I will go WTF. We need some hope for the future of the franchise that comes from a QBOTF. Geno represents mediocrity. He also represents a failure to fix cap issues next year with no real near term Super Bowl aspirations and a wasted season of failing to let a new QB takes his lumps. He might even represent a stubbornness by JS to turn the page.

it seems like we have the “we are a Super Bowl dark horse with our talent if only we had a defense which we can draft/develop next season” crowd (I say bullshit to this) and also the “we have SOOO many holes we can’t draft a QB crowd” (also bullshit) also the risk-averse “we should never in the next hundred years draft a QB in the first round because we will draft a dud” scared crowd.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I've come to realize that I don't know jack as far as what the organization will do, I know shocking right?!

Hell if they covert our kicker to QB to replace Geno, I'm just going to read the news/updates and just sit back and enjoy the off-season and eventually the 2024 season. My only responsibility is to make sure I continue to be a faithful Seahawks fan, Seahawks Net lurker and beer is stocked in the fridge. Ill sit back and let things happen and enjoy the ride. Plus I can't afford to blow my heart out so there's that, past Seahawk games have done enough damage🤪

Lagartixa

Reaction score
WTF if we draft a Kicker or Punter.

I agree.

Looking back, I think Dickson has been worth more to the team than most or all players they could have gotten in the fifth round would have been, but I wonder if they could have waited longer in the draft or not drafted Dickson at all and had a shot at him as an undrafted free agent immediately after the draft. If that were the case, then the Seahawks would have been able to get Dickson PLUS whatever other player they would have taken in the fifth round of the 2018 draft. The fact that Dickson had been MVP of a bowl game probably made it likely somebody would have taken him at some point in the final day of the draft.

Maulbert

Reaction score
…if the Hawks pass on a QB in the 1st round and take a player we weren't expecting instead . Many of us are assuming that JS is targeting a QB on day one ; but he may not . Hasn't this happened before ?
Won't change much. Several people will fly off the handle if they draft McCarthy, and he IS a QB.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure that Mac will have plenty of input, just that JS will have the final say.

I agree with you on JS, that it's his baby. The buck stops with him.

keasley45

Reaction score
I would say "WTF" if they did take a QB when the trenches are in such poor shape. I'm concerned about the LB's too and of course they need safeties. There's a ton of holes that need addressed. Hope JS has it in him to conjure up some magic.
Same.

Trenches and LB. I think that's the key to Mike's scheme on both sides of the ball. I was thinking Safety as well, but we have Diggs, Love and Bryant. There may not be a true SS in that group but given what Mike did with Hamilton in Baltimore, I think we can get by with what we've got and add a low cost option in FA.

QB? Not unless it's a guy they see as bring THE one. Which I don't see happening. That's not to sat we can't find a diamond in the rough in the later rounds. But I'd just let ti be that. I diamond in the rough... in the later rounds.

nwHawk

Reaction score
The right answer is to bring in a leader at QB, and let him learn. Majority of the “top QB” prospects fail. Why? They are rushed.

The Green Bay model is successful. Want to see something crazy, compare Aaron Rodgers and Jordan Love at the same point in their careers… You will do a double take.

rigelian

Reaction score
Until we get the OL straightened out a young QB will be fodder. If you can't run and you can't pass protect and you don't have an experience QB that can predict where the pressure is coming from, you're pretty much dead in the water.

Rat

Reaction score
I agree.

Looking back, I think Dickson has been worth more to the team than most or all players they could have gotten in the fifth round would have been, but I wonder if they could have waited longer in the draft or not drafted Dickson at all and had a shot at him as an undrafted free agent immediately after the draft. If that were the case, then the Seahawks would have been able to get Dickson PLUS whatever other player they would have taken in the fifth round of the 2018 draft. The fact that Dickson had been MVP of a bowl game probably made it likely somebody would have taken him at some point in the final day of the draft.
Really the only good player taken between Dickson and our next draft pick (Jamarco Jones) was Wyatt Teller. It's doubtful whoever we would have taken would have been better than Dickson, even factoring in the 7th rounder we used to move up. Denver used those two picks on Troy Fumagali, a TE who hasn't played since 2020, and David Williams, a RB who didn't make the team and hasn't played since getting eight carries in six games with Jacksonville in 2018.