What will be our reaction….

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
I'd say wtf if they pick bpa. And wtf if they yet again pick a RB in the 2nd round. If that's to happen, then we know Schneider has had more say than we thought.
Schneider got a whole lot of juice in his contract ; I'll bet . He's the boss now .

WarHawks

Reaction score
- The "we have to draft a QB", is one of those franchise killing moves, that I really hope we avoid. I give you Kenny Pickett. Stealers "needed" a QB. Local boy. Perfect fit. Think they would be better with McDuffie, Walker, Smith, Linderbaum, who were picked right after?

- Think of all the guys that we were told we should take that year. Ridder, Howell, Willis, Pickett. Hmm, no one mentioned Purdy. Point being, if you need a QB, you can reach by 10 picks, 20, maybe even a full round, if you are sure he is the guy. But historically taking a QB simply because you need one, stupid idea.

- I want to trust in whoever JS identifies as our next QB, but if we take a Nix or McCarthy early, I will be filled with dread, just hoping they prove me wrong.

Mase
Tell that to all the teams that need a qb and draft one and it works out for them. I don't get this aversion to picking a player we need just because we have other needs. We will always have other needs. Always. We've picked lots of players in the 1st that didn't work out, and lots that did. It's always a crap shoot. Go big or go home.

Northhawk

Reaction score
I don't expect us to go QB at 16. I don't expect us to take anyone at 16 and trade down to get a second or another pick.

I suspect we'll go OL or DL with our first pick(s).

morgulon1

Reaction score
Load the line first, so the following year you have a better O-line that can protect a Rookie QB vs bring in a Rookie QB who will get slaughtered and not be able to develop. This is a slow process. Contenders are not built in a single season, this team is not at the bottom, but if you're trying to build a superbowl contender and not just a playoff contender... it's going to take more than one season. accept it.
I will accept it.