What will Pete be doing in 2024?

keasley45

Reaction score
Surprisingly, it looks like Pete will not be coaching in 2024. I wonder if he just takes the year off as I do not see him having any role with the Seahawks.

Three years ago, who would’ve imagined that today both Pete and Bill Belichick would be out of a job and with all of the coaching openings not one team hiring them?
Writing a book.

Or hooking up with a college program or NfL franchise in some capacity as an advisor.

Or walking away from the game to do some of what ADB has done in giving back to the community through charitable work / programs, etc.

I think a year away will be food for him. He's still too close to it all to see what went wrong. When he sees it, I think he'll be clearer on what exactly woukd be required of him to continue coaching.

xray

Reaction score
He is expected to start a series of ' Bubble-Yum ' adds , debuting during the Draft .

RiverDog

Reaction score
I would love to see Pete raise the 12th man flag sometime.
Oh, I'm sure he will, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was at our home opener.

I don't imagine that they'll insist that he be in the building for 5 days/40 hours a week, but he still needs to be there occasionally if he wants to collect that $15M paycheck, and knowing Pete, I don't think he'll have any problem with that at all. The man loves to talk, and he has a ready and waiting audience with a bunch of new coaches' ears to burn.

toffee

Reaction score
Pete already said it.

He will be Jody Allen's "Ass"istant.

He didn't want to get into all of the details of it, and I'm thankful 🙏 for it.
Wait a minute, ole Pete is gonna give you a run for our Jody's lovely ears?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He will collect his final year of his contract but largely nowhere near the team. He will be outta there next year. Coaching??? Starting to doubt it..

Exactly this. They kept him in some type of capacity just to see his contract through. I highly doubt he has any input in the team makeup going forward.

Jville

Reaction score
Pete already said it.

He will be Jody Allen's "Ass"istant.

He didn't want to get into all of the details of it, and I'm thankful 🙏 for it.

Above depicts what repetitive hatred turns its practitioners into.

Littering the forum ..... post after post ...... thread after thread ...... week after week ...... year after year.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Above depicts what repetitive hatred turns its practitioners into.

Littering the forum ..... post after post ...... thread after thread ...... week after week ...... year after year.
It"s frustrating to see it endorsed as beneficial posting by others, because it's exactly the type of crap that drove the old guard away to begin with.

It isn't analysis, it's campaigning.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pete will be cashing his team cheques, and advising if the team wants his advice.

I'm sure he'll hoist the team flag at some point.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Just jokes, my dude.
That's the point, though.

No one wants to make jokes about franchise legends unless they've got some personal dislike

Anyone making jokes like this on Kenny Easley or Steve Largent posts? We post about Steve Largent and anyone posting "haha, probably sitting at home jackin' it, the election loser!"

It's a joke but its telling

Chevy

Reaction score

No one wants to make jokes about franchise legends unless they've got some personal dislike

Anyone making jokes like this on Kenny Easley or Steve Largent posts? We post about Steve Largent and anyone posting "haha, probably sitting at home jackin' it, the election loser!"

Well, from my perspective Pete should have been fired a 2 to 3 years ago. So I have been a frustrated Seahawks fan the way he has managed the team and the coaches. We all know the type of he wanted on the field and wanting to be a run dominating team. Yet he continued, for the last couple of years, to not real in his coaches to change their play calling or situational personnel.

I hope you can read this while you are standing on your soapbox.

bigcc

Reaction score
UW DC, dead serious

Gets to coach alongside his son (OC at UW) without weird father/son/boss/employee dynamic, and he doesn't have to uproot his life to do it.

Then he can test the waters next year, retire, or keep coaching next to his son.

Worth mentioning uw quite literally has been keeping the DC spot open

Remember that you heard it here first

CactusJack

Reaction score
UW DC, dead serious

Gets to coach alongside his son (OC at UW) without weird father/son/boss/employee dynamic, and he doesn't have to uproot his life to do it.

Then he can test the waters next year, retire, or keep coaching next to his son.

Worth mentioning uw quite literally has been keeping the DC spot open

Remember that you heard it here first
That would be amazing!

bigcc

Reaction score

While a lot of people here (fans in general tbh) actually do seem to misguidedly dislike Pete, there's a huge difference between making a joke about someone who left the team less than a month ago and a legend that retired 40+ years ago.

bigcc

Reaction score
That would be amazing!
It really makes a lot of sense, but I'd understand if Fisch wouldn't want to deal with the spectacle of having pc there... Would be better than anyone else from a coaching perspective and would be a monster recruiter though, even if just for a year.

Obviously a bit of a Homer here, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me,makes a lot of sense when you look at potential productivity along with the reasons I previously mentioned

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure he will, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was at our home opener.

I don't imagine that they'll insist that he be in the building for 5 days/40 hours a week, but he still needs to be there occasionally if he wants to collect that $15M paycheck, and knowing Pete, I don't think he'll have any problem with that at all. The man loves to talk, and he has a ready and waiting audience with a bunch of new coaches' ears to burn.
The animosity appears minimal, but in reality Pete doesn’t have to do squat for the $15 mil. His contract was fully guaranteed for this year.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I’m just tired of old men not giving it up much sooner. BB and PC are like 5 years away from the average life span of an American male as it is. Should quit by 60 and find a new passion. There i said it.