What will Pete be doing in 2024?

bigcc

Reaction score
I’m just tired of old men not giving it up much sooner. BB and PC are like 5 years away from the average life span of an American male as it is. Should quit by 60 and find a new passion. There i said it.
So carroll should have never brought us our first superbowl and belicheck shouldn't have won his last 3.

Some people really out here on auto pilot without spending a split second to wonder if what they just typed is borderline retarded or not

I'm sure the comment was in reference to upcoming presidential candidates, but the idea that coaching football is similar to the presidency and why you shouldn't be an old **** there is perhaps even dumber than wiping out 4 of the last 12 superbowl winning coaching seasons

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I’m just tired of old men not giving it up much sooner. BB and PC are like 5 years away from the average life span of an American male as it is. Should quit by 60 and find a new passion. There i said it.

8 of the last 12 Super Bowls have been won by coaches who were over 60 years of age at the time. If the Ravens or Chiefs win it this year, it'll be 9 of the last 13.

You said it, but you really shouldn't have.

bigcc

Reaction score
8 of the last 12 Super Bowls have been won by coaches who were over 60 years of age at the time. If the Ravens or Chiefs win it this year, it'll be 9 of the last 13.

Out of curiosity who won the 4 superbowls over 60 that weren't carroll/belicheck? I only looked up theirs a few posts up to highlight my point and was too lazy to expand it further 😂

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Out of curiosity who won the 4 superbowls over 60 that weren't carroll/belicheck? I only looked up theirs a few posts up to highlight my point and was too lazy to expand it further 😂
John Harbaugh's first one in 2012 (age 50), Gary Kubiak with Denver in 2015 (age 54), Doug Pederson with the Eagles in 2017 (age 50), and McVay in 2021 (age 36).

Reid is now 65, and John Harbaugh is 61.

^ Handy list right here

RiverDog

Reaction score
The animosity appears minimal, but in reality Pete doesn’t have to do squat for the $15 mil. His contract was fully guaranteed for this year.
It will never happen with Pete, but like anyone else under contract in the NFL and in other contractual agreements, he could still be fired for cause. Urban Meyer, for example, was fired for cause, ie for behavior deemed detrimental to the team, and the Jags did not honor the balance of his contract. Jon Gruden could have been fired for cause, but he resigned.

If Pete were to spend the season in a lawn chair on a beach in Cancun, the Hawks could fire him. He was hired to perform a service.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
John Harbaugh's first one in 2012 (age 50), Gary Kubiak with Denver in 2015 (age 54), Doug Pederson with the Eagles in 2017 (age 50), and McVay in 2021 (age 36).

Reid is now 65, and John Harbaugh is 61.
Yeah, but you said over 60, not 50. Big difference

Cyrus12

Reaction score
When I think of what Pete will be doing in his final year with the organization I think of this automatically...

The Pablo pic...not sure why that other crap showed up but I dont have a tweeker account...

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pete already said it.

He will be Jody Allen's "Ass"istant.

He didn't want to get into all of the details of it, and I'm thankful 🙏 for it.
Fani Willis has established a model for well-paid "Ass"istants working around the clock for her that Jody can follow, is that what your saying? Sorry to disappoint you, but Pete is an "advisor" not an "ass"istant. So while Pete could *advise* Jody on her Tinder profile, to get more "swipe-right"s, or advise her on how to get more OnlyFans subscribers, "advisor" is generally a hands-off role. Somehow I think most of Pete's advising will be football-related, team culture related, etc. Sorry if that's disappointing, boring news.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I expect Carroll will be given media work to do by the team. It will be a bit crappy telling him to do promotional work in schools, interviews with the press, and that sort of stuff, but he can always quit his contract and do something else.
This is kind of what I expect, pulling together Seahawks alumni for gatherings and community projects. Maybe helping the new coach as a team culture guru. Possibly scouting and game prep support for new coach on the division rivals.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
It will never happen with Pete, but like anyone else under contract in the NFL and in other contractual agreements, he could still be fired for cause. Urban Meyer, for example, was fired for cause, ie for behavior deemed detrimental to the team, and the Jags did not honor the balance of his contract. Jon Gruden could have been fired for cause, but he resigned.

If Pete were to spend the season in a lawn chair on a beach in Cancun, the Hawks could fire him. He was hired to perform a service.
I’m sure his EVP FO had specific contractual duties, I’d be shocked if his current ‘advisor’ role has any. Why would you obligate yourself when you’re getting paid regardless?

flv2

Reaction score
This is kind of what I expect, pulling together Seahawks alumni for gatherings and community projects. Maybe helping the new coach as a team culture guru. Possibly scouting and game prep support for new coach on the division rivals.
I'm not sure the new HC will want the previous HC contributing to the 2024 season. Either publicly re-hire him as an underling or keep him outside the team facilities. Anything else is a leadership distraction. I see Carroll more as a local ambassador for fans and media.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I’m sure his EVP FO had specific contractual duties, I’d be shocked if his current ‘advisor’ role has any. Why would you obligate yourself when you’re getting paid regardless?
I'm not sure if that makes any difference. The term "advisor" is self-descriptive and universally accepted as a person who offers advice and counsel, and if he's not doing anything, it would be pretty easy to prove that he hasn't fulfilled his contractual obligation.

It's a moot point anyway as Pete will contribute and the Hawks would rather eat his salary than face the PR hell that would accompany a firing.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm not sure the new HC will want the previous HC contributing to the 2024 season. Either publicly re-hire him as an underling or keep him outside the team facilities. Anything else is a leadership distraction. I see Carroll more as a local ambassador for fans and media.

This for sure.

Optimus25

Reaction score

Who cares? That’s pretty much my point. I’m saying if they don’t achieve it by 60 they should hang it up and give the new generation the gigs. But since this era of humanity is so focused on self, they obviously will just go for whatever they want until they’re dust.

Just because the ones who stick it out into their silver years get there does not invalidate my point. It only strengthens it because if not them, then the success could be going to men in their youth.

To me it’s like the 70 year olds going on cruises. Just a huge waste of money and energy for virtually nothing. They could be supporting young couples struggling with that money or spending that energy on the community, but instead they indulge themselves in stupid worthless entertainment pursuits.

If you think a 73 year old showing up as your new professional coach is normal, i guess we’ll never see eye to eye.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think he should just do what he does best, Motivational speaker for teams' pro, college, high school.

Jville

Reaction score
When I think of what Pete will be doing in his final year with the organization I think of this automatically...

The Pablo pic...not sure why that other crap showed up but I dont have a tweeker account...

I don't get it.

One was a dark self indulging angel of death and the other is full of life, builder of culture and advocate of personal growth.

flv2

Reaction score
Who cares? That’s pretty much my point. I’m saying if they don’t achieve it by 60 they should hang it up and give the new generation the gigs. But since this era of humanity is so focused on self, they obviously will just go for whatever they want until they’re dust.

Just because the ones who stick it out into their silver years get there does not invalidate my point. It only strengthens it because if not them, then the success could be going to men in their youth.

To me it’s like the 70 year olds going on cruises. Just a huge waste of money and energy for virtually nothing. They could be supporting young couples struggling with that money or spending that energy on the community, but instead they indulge themselves in stupid worthless entertainment pursuits.

If you think a 73 year old showing up as your new professional coach is normal, i guess we’ll never see eye to eye.
Social commentary belongs in the Shack.

WmHBonney

Reaction score

WTF
Someday, IF you're lucky, you will reach that age. I expect you to not spend a dime on yourself. Give it all away.