What will the Cardinals record be this year

ringless

Reaction score
I know we get little attention, however I think we will be better than you guys give us credit for. Last year we were a 10-6 team, who started poorly. A lot of people see that we lost Dansby and Washington and automatically discredit us from the race in the west. However, I believe we have closed the gap a little on both the Seahawks and 49ers. Yes we lost Dansby, and Washington, however on defense we also gained Cromartie opposite Peterson. The rest of the defense remains about the same. It is true we will not be able to make up for the absence of those two linebackers, however most people don't realize they benefited greatly from a D-line that created most of those opportunities to make the big plays.

On offense, we are far greater than last year, and possibly field the best offense we have ever had minus the Kurt Warner years, but still could compare to it. For the first time ever we have a great LT. We also have a great Left guard in Cooper, and overall the strongest offense line as a whole that we have ever fielded. Little is known that we also reportedly have the deepest WR since we had Fitz and Bolding. We still have Fitzgerald, and Floyd who is entering his third year, which typically is the year receivers see their most growth and last year he was a good receiver. As well as Ginn who I think will be passed by Brown. Im not sure if you have heard of our new receiver Brown but he has the potential to be the steal of the draft. There isn't a corner on our team or the Texans (isn't saying much) that has been able to cover him. He blows past coverages, gets separation, and is possibly having the best camp out of any Cardinal player. This team overall is much deeper than last year.

I see us going 11-5 this year, and I think we beat out the 49ers for a playoff spot with it being us and Seattle this year in the playoffs.

OrFan

Reaction score
Didn't we do this for some desperate turd fan a couple months ago?

As long as Arnold Palmer is your qb you will not amount to anything. Schedule filler for the real teams.

Edit: I guess that was for the Rams, still the same result. Palmer, Bradford, interchangeable. Both have decent defenses, mediocre coaching, and a qb that will never make it to the big time.

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
The cards are still hanging on limb, but you certainly looked improved and hungrier in the second half of the season last year. I don't see you guys getting past the 49ers who are a power house of talent. Not to mention they have owned the cards for some time now. 49ers are 9 to 1 over the chirps in past meet ups. Staying ahead of the Rams is a good goal. 9-7 sounds about right.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
9-7 or 10-6. Palmer can sling the damn ball, guys. He's not particularly safe with the ball, but he still has arm talent and can still lead a serviceable offensive attack.

kearly

Reaction score
Cromartie was very good a while ago, but was terrible last year. He's on the wrong side of 30 too. That new safety the Cardinals got in the 1st round looks like a great addition, though.

This is without a doubt the best team the Cardinals have ever had, in terms of talent and advanced stats. Pop this team into the 2008 and 2009 NFC West and they might go 12-4.

The one thing that holds me back on the Cardinals is that so much of their excellence last year came from players who are over 30. Campbell is great but he can't do it alone, and he had a ton of help from Dockett and Abraham, who are ancient by DL standards. And then you have Palmer of course, and Fitz turns 31 in a couple weeks.

The Cardinals LB group will be a skeleton crew and their secondary is full of over-rated players, though I do like the new addition, Bucannon.

What I respect about the Cardinals is that they have brilliant coaching and some nice pass catchers on offense. If the Cardinals acquired a QB with a strong arm they could be scary.

But at the end of the day the Cards will be fortunate to get 3 wins in their division schedule, which means they'd have to go 8-2 against everyone else to hit 11-5. And if they Cardinals had gone 11-5 last year, they still would have missed the playoffs. Tough sledding.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OrFan":31y1xeeu said:
Palmer, Bradford, interchangeable.

Uh, no. Palmer > Bradford, I didn't even think anybody would debate that. Methinks you should watch some film of the two from a comparison standpoint.

Brahn

Reaction score
You have 5 INTs vs us and almost lost still. The fact you won is the biggest black eye on our season last year. You lost 2 stars on Def (your strongest unit) and still have one of the most overrated CBs in the NFL (Top CB in the league with 7 TDsA? Child Please)

Cards will be no better than 9-7 I had them being the 2nd team in the west this season till the Def took a hit, I now have you possibly tying the Rams at 9-7 and at that point it comes down to the head to heads.

MB12

Reaction score
Bucannon looks like a beast, but I still think you will finish last in the division.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
8-8, 9-7 at best. As Kearly mentioned above, age is against your team and the LB crew took a big hit this offseason. Plus, you have Carson Palmer as your QB and your running game is still an unknown.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Well, let's look at your schedule and see where you end up

1-0 Week 1 host Chargers. Chargers confuse the hell out of me. I can never figure out how they are going to do, but it's in your house.

1-1 Week 2 at NY. An early game in NY. Could go either way.

2-1 Week 3 host Niners. Your best chance to take one from Hawks/Niners. Niners will still be without Bowman and it will be in your house. I could see you winning in NY and losing this one. Either way, 2-1 at this point of the season.

2-1 Week 4. Bye week (sorry you got stuck with an early bye too)

2-2 Week 5 at Denver. I hope you beat the Broncs in their house, I believe you can beat the Broncs in their house. I don't think you will because Palmer will have to take the team on his shoulders with the run game shut down and I bet he pulls a skunk out. You are both coming off of byes and Denver will be p***** off after being embarrassed by the Hawks in week 3. Again. Still.

3-2 Week 5. host Redskins

4-2 Week 6. at Raiders

4-3 Week 7. Host Eagles. Your secondary will be put to the test, but they won't be able to shut down the Eagles this year. Once again, Palmer will have to take the team on his shoulders and once again he will show why he isn't a starting caliber QB in this league.

5-3 Week 8. at Cowboys. Palmer will have a stellar game, once again making people think he is a starting caliber QB.

6-3 Week 9. host Rams. Should be a good chance for both QB's to show why they aren't starting caliber. Best defense takes it.

7-3 Week 10. host Lions. 8 weeks since the Lions have faced this quality of defense. They will flub their one chance when they face the buzzsaw that is the NFC West

7-4 Week 11. at Seahawks. Ain't happening again.

8-4 Week 12. at Falcons. Another tight game. Ultimately I'm voting with NFCW defense carrying the day. Could go either way.

9-4 Week 13. host Chiefs.

10-4 Week 14 at Rams.

10-6 Week 15/16. Unfortunately for you, you close out the season hosting the Hawks and then visiting San Fran at a point in the season when HFA is on the line. With something to play for, I don't see you beating the top two teams in the NFCW. If the playoff picture is pretty much settled before the Hawks game then you will probably take that game.

Range 9-7 to 11-5 and once again you will be left out of the playoff picture despite having a equivalent or better record than the Eagles/Packers/Saints/Bears.

- bsd

huskylawyer

Reaction score
You know what worries me about the Cardinals? Logan Thomas. (don't laugh)

Of course, he won't be a factor at all this year, even if Pamer is injured, but physically, he is a freak of nature, and paired with Arians I'm honestly concerned. Thomas got a lot of crap for his production at Va-Tech, but people forget, it was Va-Tech, not exactly a program to develop QBs. He is raw of course, but people will need to look out if he is developed slowly and properly. I think Arians is going to invest a lot into him due to the Va-Tech loyalty.

He's a boom or bust, but if he "gets it" the rest of the division could be in trouble if the Cards can figure out who will replace Fitzgerald, which is gonna need to happen eventually. Agian, not this year, but could be a problem for the Hawks in the future.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
On NFL first take this morning, the "experts" were discussing ranking the NFC west and (Shannon) said it would be Seahawks, Cardinals, 49ers, Rams in that order. Even with losing our two top linebackers, we upgraded our Safeties, our Wr position, our corners, and most of all our offensive line. Especially on the blindside.

Stephen said 49ers, Seahawks, and a thin line between the Cardinals for 2nd, then Rams.

Then the last take was, Arizona, Seattle, SF, and the Rams. s

They all said we are a stronger team than last year. I really think you guys are going to be surprised. I can tell you from watching last year and being a season ticket holder. That there was no better coach in the league last year with half time adjustments than Bruce Arians.... And while we do have Carson Palmer, he will be better this year having a full year in the offense. In fact in the lat 10 games of the year we averaged 28 points per game when they simplified a complex playbook for the offense because the players were having a hard time grasping it. The difference is now, they have a full year and offseason working together on it.

themunn

Reaction score
Now that Patrick Peterson is the best paid cornerback in the league he should be able to cover Crabtree and the Cardinals should finish above the Niners.

That's how it works right?

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
themunn":2862viga said:
Now that Patrick Peterson is the best paid cornerback in the league he should be able to cover Crabtree and the Cardinals should finish above the Niners.

That's how it works right?

Who brought in pay? Football is a team sport and not defined by anyone player. Nobody said he was the best corner in the league that I saw. He is however a top 3 corner in the league. Peterson this year also won't be playing WR and special teams in addition to covering the #1 receiver at all times. So there is always the possibility he plays a little better no?

Our team is deeper overall this year than last year, and I don't think the Seahawks and 49ers can say the same if you take losses and injuries into consideration. Therefore, in my opinion a small gap, just got a little smaller. I know you're rivalry with the 49ers lets us easily go overlooked, but I really think this season you will be surprised. We were not a bad team last year at 10-6, and we are a better, more experienced, and deeper team this year than last.

chris98251

Reaction score
Porcelain QB in a tough division, I think the Cards will be good, but Carson has a problem staying healthy, he is in a division that can bring pressure from everywhere in the secondary and up front. I think that while your improved bad luck your in the NFC West is going to rise up and bite you again.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
We do have a top 10 defense, and there is no reason to believe the unit will have any drop off from last year. We also finished 15th in offense last year weighted, with Palmer at the helm. Again, he is not great, that is well known. However, we upgraded at LT by a lot, as well as LG, and RT. Our offensive line is the best we have ever fielded. WE upgraded the TE position, and made upgrades to the WR position as well. That could easily be worth 5 spots..... We could be a top 10 offense and Defense, I still think we finish 2nd in the west. But time will tell. I can't wait to revisit the thread no matter where we finish.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I like Ringless. He is a total Card fan, has solid things to say about his team and: admits he is a Cards fan. Well, and it's just nice to see a Cards fan anywhere.

I'm getting pretty annoyed with all of the Rams fans (or maybe there is just one) who keep posting as Hawk fans.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ringless":14fhcm9f said:
We do have a top 10 defense, and there is no reason to believe the unit will have any drop off from last year. We also finished 15th in offense last year weighted, with Palmer at the helm. Again, he is not great, that is well known. However, we upgraded at LT by a lot, as well as LG, and RT. Our offensive line is the best we have ever fielded. WE upgraded the TE position, and made upgrades to the WR position as well. That could easily be worth 5 spots..... We could be a top 10 offense and Defense, I still think we finish 2nd in the west. But time will tell. I can't wait to revisit the thread no matter where we finish.
No reason to think there will be no drop-off from last year is being a little optimistic, don't you think? You lost two very good linebackers. I think your offense will be better, but if your defense is as good I'll be pretty surprised.

RedAlice":14fhcm9f said:
I like Ringless. He is a total Card fan, has solid things to say about his team and: admits he is a Cards fan. Well, and it's just nice to see a Cards fan anywhere.
Concur. Nice to finally see a Cardinals fan around here.

RedAlice":14fhcm9f said:
I'm getting pretty annoyed with all of the Rams fans (or maybe there is just one) who keep posting as Hawk fans.
You caught me. GO BRADFORD! :lol:

Latest posts