What will the Cardinals record be this year

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":3orh6mt6 said:
Somewhere there is a certain poster that is waiting to say I told you so!
Well, there would be if he didn't get himself permanently banned for being an idiot, anyway. :lol:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Aging D line and even worse line backing crew. Honey badger coming off major surgery... Don't like the Defense or Offense. Floyd is a terrific receiver but you Oline has so many question marks. 6-10

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I really like reading on this board in general, a lot of fans with a lot of understanding of concepts and schemes. Anyways, I wish you guys the best of luck this year. I really like what the hawks have built especially since I appreciate a good defense more than a good offense. I will make sure to hang around the boards

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Don't be a stranger, Ringless. We need a regular Cardinals fan around here. Maybe you'll attract more over time. :)

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
After two preseason games in I think there is a great chance the Cardinals finish 2nd in this division this year. Our starting offense (those that have played) have played very well. In fact I think our starters have scored on every drive but one. On defense, our linebackers are an issue. But we also haven't had all our starters playing. The defensive line has been fine, Peterson is a little overrated. It would be nice to see him focus more on his technique than natural abilities and maybe that will come. It is yet to be seen

The Rams are behind us, there is no doubt. They have a Defensive line but just don't have the overall depth we have, or the coaching.

The 49ers, of course they are going to win some games this year... There defense isn't going to be what it was last year... It just isn't... There offense, will be better regardless of what people say here. I just think overall they are not as great as they were last year

A lot of people forget how poorly we started the season, and became damn near unstoppable after the first 4-5 games.

Largent80

Reaction score
You can jump ship, become a Hawk fan and get a SB replica ring and everything will be ok.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
bigskydoc":15mx7q91 said:
Well, let's look at your schedule and see where you end up

1-0 Week 1 host Chargers. Chargers confuse the hell out of me. I can never figure out how they are going to do, but it's in your house.

1-1 Week 2 at NY. An early game in NY. Could go either way.

2-1 Week 3 host Niners. Your best chance to take one from Hawks/Niners. Niners will still be without Bowman and it will be in your house. I could see you winning in NY and losing this one. Either way, 2-1 at this point of the season.

2-1 Week 4. Bye week (sorry you got stuck with an early bye too)

2-2 Week 5 at Denver. I hope you beat the Broncs in their house, I believe you can beat the Broncs in their house. I don't think you will because Palmer will have to take the team on his shoulders with the run game shut down and I bet he pulls a skunk out. You are both coming off of byes and Denver will be p***** off after being embarrassed by the Hawks in week 3. Again. Still.

3-2 Week 5. host Redskins

4-2 Week 6. at Raiders

4-3 Week 7. Host Eagles. Your secondary will be put to the test, but they won't be able to shut down the Eagles this year. Once again, Palmer will have to take the team on his shoulders and once again he will show why he isn't a starting caliber QB in this league.

5-3 Week 8. at Cowboys. Palmer will have a stellar game, once again making people think he is a starting caliber QB.

6-3 Week 9. host Rams. Should be a good chance for both QB's to show why they aren't starting caliber. Best defense takes it.

7-3 Week 10. host Lions. 8 weeks since the Lions have faced this quality of defense. They will flub their one chance when they face the buzzsaw that is the NFC West

7-4 Week 11. at Seahawks. Ain't happening again.

8-4 Week 12. at Falcons. Another tight game. Ultimately I'm voting with NFCW defense carrying the day. Could go either way.

9-4 Week 13. host Chiefs.

10-4 Week 14 at Rams.

10-6 Week 15/16. Unfortunately for you, you close out the season hosting the Hawks and then visiting San Fran at a point in the season when HFA is on the line. With something to play for, I don't see you beating the top two teams in the NFCW. If the playoff picture is pretty much settled before the Hawks game then you will probably take that game.

Range 9-7 to 11-5 and once again you will be left out of the playoff picture despite having a equivalent or better record than the Eagles/Packers/Saints/Bears.

- bsd
I look at that same schedule and I see them going 11-5 or 12-4. And that's considering that their defense took a hit. I don't see them losing at NY. I could see them losing the Philly game at home, but that's too early to call.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think I'm predicting a train wreck for the Cardinals this year, now. No winning record; a.k.a., 8-8 or worse. Sorry, Ringless; but Dockett was a player you could ill afford to lose. Your defense will absolutely not be elite this year like it was last year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":22skjhwc said:
I think I'm predicting a train wreck for the Cardinals this year, now. No winning record; a.k.a., 8-8 or worse. Sorry, Ringless; but Dockett was a player you could ill afford to lose. Your defense will absolutely not be elite this year like it was last year.
Going to have to concur this was a big one about the only thing worse would be if it were Fitz.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2nfhbpwt said:
Yeah, that's a back breaker. Repeating at 10-6 would be a success now.
I think 8-8 is reachable, Arians is a good coach and can get his crew to play above their heads.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I first thought that 10-6 MIGHT be possible after the losses of the LBers, but Dockett too? Their defense, especially the action from the front 7 is what kept the Cards in games last year.

Either Palmer is going to have to become something he has never been or the backups are going to need to ball out. Maybe both, but it surely cost them a game and likely 2. Ouch.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Yeah loss of 2 LBs and Dockett from the unquestioned strength of your team, the defense, may well be too much to overcome. Don't see much if any drop off for Seattle so if you're team is going to make the playoffs I think you'll need the Lambs to be the same 'ol Lambs (possible) and also need a drop off by the Whiners (doubtful) plus you'll need a good to excellent year from Palmer (also doubtful).

That's a lot of things to fall into place..............