What Will The Mood Be If......

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
akseahawkfan":5lkv6m8g said:
Losing is not an option. I refuse to accept it as a possibility. The team is prepared. They have a plan for success. Nothing will deter them from their ultimate goal. The niners are simply a bump in the road that will be run over by the better coached, more focused and more disciplined Seahawks.

Yep. 100% this.

I can't see them losing tomorrow. If the game were in San Francisco.. then my doubts would be stronger.. but at the Clink? Before the loudest crowd in the history of professional sports?

Lets just say a blowout is more likely than a loss IMO.

stonewallj799

Reaction score
That is funny I used to always call my self a realist to my friends when it came to predicting favorite teams winning. I realized it was just an excuse to be a pessimist but sound more intelligent since they were always optimists. They would accuse me of being a pessimist and I would be like easy bros I'm actually a "Realist". Translation, I am smarter then you guys blah blah blah. I stopped doing it cause man it sucks being debie downer all the time.

strohmin

Reaction score
There is no time to think about stuff like this. We have a job to do. We need to send our most positive spirit and energy.

plyka

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":l3lmdgpg said:
I've always been a realist. Not pessimistic, but I just prepare myself for all situations. What will the mood/feeling be if we lose tomorrow at home to the Niners. What if Wilson and the offense continue to struggle, and the entire NFCCG looks like the entire 2nd half of last weeks game vs the Saints.

For me, I'll likely be depressed for days, and I'm not sure if I would even be able to watch the SB knowing that the Niners beat us to get there.

I'm fairly confident we will win, but the fact that our offense has looked like complete crap lately still scares me a little. If we do lose at home tomorrow, we won't stop hearing it from Niners fans, that may be the worst part. But to be honest, if they do come in our house and beat us, then they deserve to talk whatever smack they want to.

Go Hawks!

It's very simple. If the unthinkable happens do not blame the refs, do not blame the hawks players. Remember that it's just a game of football where grown men play with a ball. You will make ten decisions in the next week that are truly ten times more important. If a niner fan gives you shit remind them that it's just a game and if they put so much importance in this game then their life is missing something. Then don't watch or listens to any sport related stuff for at least a week.

But I suspect none of this will be necessary.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would go with the avoid Social media, this forum, any sports websites and telecasts for a week or so. Then be prepared to hear for a year how the team choked. Just the cost of doing business. In time, once these are common occurrences it probably would sting less. Imagine the horror our rivals felt when Williams fumbled that punt against the NY Giants.

The world doesn't end. Just is real crummy for awhile. 24 hrs from now we are either soaking in the glow or kicking the cat.

rjas77

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2a58p4o7 said:
Hah okay I think I know where this thread is going. Gotta love the positivity. If we do lose tomorrow, the entire state of Washington may sink into depression.

Only for those who take sports more importantly than life.

If they lose..I'll be bummed for the day...hang up my jersey in my closet...go to bed wondering what might have been...get up Monday like I usually do and begin to look forward to next year.

mikeak

Reaction score
I would expect 50 threads about alternate scenarios where we hadn't traded for Percy Harvin or what a bum he is

Oh wait that was last week

Ok I got nothing

HawkWow

Reaction score
We won't lose again this 2013 season. If we do, I will leave for vacation 2 weeks sooner than scheduled. I know Mrs. Wow is secretly hoping for that outcome. Even though she predicts we will win 24-7, she has our luggage packed and ready to go. : /

Oh...the 9er thing. If 9er fans flip you sh*t, kick their nutz up into their craniums. Then laugh at them while pointing out their nuts are now in their craniums.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HawkWow":2smn03j5 said:
We won't lose again this 2013 season. If we do, I will leave for vacation 2 weeks sooner than scheduled. I know Mrs. Wow is secretly hoping for that outcome. Even though she predicts we will win 24-7, she has our luggage packed and ready to go. : /

Oh...the 9er thing. If 9er fans flip you sh*t, kick their nutz up into their craniums. Then laugh at them while pointing out their nuts are now in their craniums.
IF

YES!!!!!

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":31i71f4e said:
WOW :shock:
.....nobody smell a TROLL here ????

:pukeface:

the OP's comments are NEVER a possibility !!!!

Big time troll.

Surprised so many seasoned vets here fell for it.

Stupid assed question :evil:

Seeker

Reaction score
Typical seattle fan, always secretly hoping we lose so they can be like "i told you so"

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
rjas77":ti2h3zmq said:
Hawk-Lock":ti2h3zmq said:
Hah okay I think I know where this thread is going. Gotta love the positivity. If we do lose tomorrow, the entire state of Washington may sink into depression.

Only for those who take sports more importantly than life.

If they lose..I'll be bummed for the day...hang up my jersey in my closet...go to bed wondering what might have been...get up Monday like I usually do and begin to look forward to next year.
No offense intended, but that's a big assumption you're projecting on those who are passionate about this team. Just remember that it works the other way, as well. There's meaning beyond "it's just a game" for some of us. Perhaps there's a fond memory with a parent or friend, etc. Being even keel can help in times of heartbreak, but perhaps you don't have that sort of soul that is spoken of in the movie, "Fever Pitch". That sort of passion can also serve you and others well, at times. I think I'd rather have the capacity to care as much as I do than to be able to get up the next day as if it didn't really matter.

That said, hopefully Seahawks earn the opportunity today to play in NY and get to enjoy all that would mean for our varying degrees of passion. As a fan since their beginning, I'd sure love to find out how it feels to experience a Seahawks win the Super Bowl Championship. No one said anyone is "taking sports more important than life". No need to go there. As another poster put it so eloquently at one point... I'm passionate about the Seahawks, but I certainly have more important priorities.

chrispy

Reaction score
I think that the Hawks will win.

If I'm wrong, it comforts me that the 9rs will be a much weaker team next year. Papaki is up for a new contract and they'll have to pay him. It'll be a huge contract regardless of what happens today. I have to think he'll be shooting for Flacco numbers but come in just under. That's an increase in cap hit of 19million/yr. It will cost the 9rs multiple starters. This is their window. If they lose today, they'll have to really work some magic against this division. The Hawks simply have a larger window and the success of Schneider's drafts and how the backups have been stepping in mean that we'll be back often. Even Vernon Davis agrees with his comments about a dynasty in Seattle. I think there must be an understanding in SF that this really is the 9rs last shot. Whomever it is that they lose, they just can't pay Papaki and (a league high) 8 pro-bowlers. They're all looking for a pay-day.

We have a franchise QB for another year for cheap. Even after that, he's the ultimate team player and will do everything in his power to win. We have backups playing as well, or even better in some cases, as the starters they replaced. We have a front office that has proven they can find starters deep in the draft. We can attract free agents and get them at a price that fits. We have the best homefield advantage in any sport anywhere. We have come this far without the benefit of one of our highest paid players (PH) which demonstrates how our FO manages cap space better than other teams.

I think this is the Hawks year. But, if the unthinkable happens, it just seems obvious that the Seahawks will be back 3 out of the next 5 years. In ten years, we'll either think of '13 as the first of several, or the springboard that got us over the edge. After multiple Lombardis, looking back, it won't hurt so bad.