If not the Hawks , than GO SF !

xray

Reaction score
I've been a Hawks fan longer than most here ; and I find it hilarious to read the venom spewed at SF . The W/L record overall is 33-22 in favor of the Hawks . So why the hate ? What exactly did SF do to the Hawks besides lose to the Hawks 33 times ?
I want SF to win the SB for the simple reason of loyalty to the NFC West . If the Hawks couldn't make it to the big show ; then I want any other team in the division to get there and win ; and I don't care who . I want the NFC to be the best , most feared division in the NFL again . Having a SB champ in the division would be a damn good start , and should light a fire under the Hawks organization to do hit the field on a dead run this coming season .

nategreat

Reaction score
Hey it sounds weird, and I hate saying it or even the thought of rooting for a division rival, but I actually have come around to the idea. All of the media guys are predicting KC to win, which is weird to me. Plus the Chiefs won last year and have been the best of the best for the last 5 years pretty much. Then you add in the whole Taylor Swift annoyance, Patrick Mahomes talking trash to fans, Kelce and Mahomes being jerks to Justin Tucker, and Brock Purdy being ridiculed- I have found a small soft spot somewhere in my heart that is allowing me to root for the Niners this ONE TIME ONLY. And it is a strange feeling indeed. And I hate admitting it.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
This some weird talk....the villain is becoming the hero. I want SF to continue to lose in the super bowl no matter what. I hate both teams but Niners fans misery is just better...Purdy being the next Brady...Silver spoon daddy daddy get me out of Carolina Cmac...redneck wannabe wwf'er Kittle...seriously @#$% that team...let the drought and another loss at a super bowl continue. A Chiefs loss doesn't do much to their continued push..The fan in me says that..

The conspiracy theorist says Niners win as Vegas ain't paying out all that money for a Chiefs win.

It's just a terrible game regardless and looking fwd to the offseaon more than watching this game.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The whiners are essentially the Seahawks biggest division rival. I just can’t root for a division rival at any time. Unless a win by a division rival helps the Seahawks. Even then it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. A Super Bowl win by the whiners doesn’t help the Seahawks one single bit.
Go chiefs.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The whiners are essentially the Seahawks biggest division rival. I just can’t root for a division rival at any time. Unless a win by a division rival helps the Seahawks. Even then it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. A Super Bowl win by the whiners doesn’t help the Seahawks one single bit.
Go chiefs.
I hoped for Arizona vs the Steelers...didn't end well...

Aircrew

Reaction score
I missed the buildup to the rivalry between Seattle and San Fran by way of living on the east coast for a long time, including during our move to the NFC West. I have almost 40 years of watching pro football and I remember really appreciating the 80's and 90's 49ers. Tom Rathman, Roger Craig and Ronnie Lott were my 3 favorite 9ers to watch play. So, I don't share the "hatred" for San Fran like most do here, I just want to beat them during the season while still admiring their history. I'm pulling for the 9ers today, because of my appreciation for their team and also because of how sick and f***ing tired I am of the nauseating and relentless media shaft-pump of the Kansas City Swifts. For the love of God I won't be able to stomach an entire year of mindless Travis Kelce-Taylor Swift puff pieces if KC wins.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I missed the buildup to the rivalry between Seattle and San Fran by way of living on the east coast for a long time, including during our move to the NFC West. I have almost 40 years of watching pro football and I remember really appreciating the 80's and 90's 49ers. Tom Rathman, Roger Craig and Ronnie Lott were my 3 favorite 9ers to watch play. So, I don't share the "hatred" for San Fran like most do here, I just want to beat them during the season while still admiring their history. I'm pulling for the 9ers today, because of my appreciation for their team and also because of how sick and f***ing tired I am of the nauseating and relentless media shaft-pump of the Kansas City Swifts. For the love of God I won't be able to stomach an entire year of mindless Travis Kelce-Taylor Swift puff pieces if KC wins.
That publicity stunt ends within a couple months.. a niners super bowl win will last forever...a loss would be so crushing to Niner fans...unrecoverable really...

seahawks08

Reaction score
If it was their first, I wouldn’t mind supporting a division rival. I will always support non divisional teams personally. I know Purdy can be deserving with an amazing story line, but if the 9ers win, it will be more respect to Shanahan. If KC wins, then the unsung hero will be the defense. KC never having the elite WRs like they had before and flipping it to RBs with the constant of Travis is a fascinating story. Mahomes can be the GOAT in this era.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Their fanbase is insufferable. Can't do it.

SF Fan: 5 SB rings! How many do you have?
Hawks Fan: Yeah, but they're ancient. You weren't even born yet.
SF Fan: 2024, bitches!
Hawks Fan: Doh!

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Hey it sounds weird, and I hate saying it or even the thought of rooting for a division rival, but I actually have come around to the idea. All of the media guys are predicting KC to win, which is weird to me. Plus the Chiefs won last year and have been the best of the best for the last 5 years pretty much. Then you add in the whole Taylor Swift annoyance, Patrick Mahomes talking trash to fans, Kelce and Mahomes being jerks to Justin Tucker, and Brock Purdy being ridiculed- I have found a small soft spot somewhere in my heart that is allowing me to root for the Niners this ONE TIME ONLY. And it is a strange feeling indeed. And I hate admitting it.
Pretty sure Justin Tucker got what he deserves. He’s been known to do the adolescent get in the way type shit all the time - I have zero sympathy for him.

As for swift I ignore it because I can. It’s inconsequential. It makes money for the nfl so it isn’t going anywhere. But the rest of what you said I can agree to.

I don’t even know what time the game is nor do I care. I’ve got better things to do today. Now that we’ve got our coaching staff basically set I’m looking ahead to free agency and the draft. Go Hawks!

WarHawks

Reaction score
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, except they are the 49'ers, so....

SEAHAWKSTER77

Reaction score
Yeah NFC can win as long as it isn’t Santa Clara Whiners ,
LA Lambs, or Arizona Tards … period end of discussion…