What would it take for Wilson to win MVP?

Rat

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2tq864q8 said:
So where is the golden child now? I am not anti Mahomes but I am tired of people putting the new kids up on high pedestals above players who have actually performed at a high level consistently for over a longer period of time than one season.

Mahomes is good. I don't see anyone in this thread saying he should be MVP over Russ.

rcaido

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":32thprtp said:
So where is the golden child now? I am not anti Mahomes but I am tired of people putting the new kids up on high pedestals above players who have actually performed at a high level consistently for over a longer period of time than one season.

they are still back pedalling quietly, waiting for the big I told you so...same crap w Newton, kap, Griffin, luck, Winston, dak, carr, and Wentz's saying these guys were better than Wilson. Time after time he has proven them all wrong.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Mahomes may be the greatest ever. Not yet though. But who anoints someone other worldy after a season and a half. We are living in such a fantasy football world now.

Rat

Reaction score
rcaido":3vwjm1ig said:
Year of The Hawk":3vwjm1ig said:

they are still back pedalling quietly, waiting for the big I told you so...same crap w Newton, kap, Griffin, luck, Winston, dak, carr, and Wentz's saying these guys were better than Wilson. Time after time he has proven them all wrong.

You're acting like Mahomes has fallen flat on his face. He threw for over 5000 yards and 50 TDs as a first year starter, leading his team to a 12-4 record and the No. 1 seed in the AFC Playoffs. He has played well this year as well (leads the NFL in passing yards and is tied for first in TD passes), albeit not as well as Russ, but who is?

Mahomes is damn good. Admitting that is no indictment on the guy we are fortunate to have.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":dh19clt0 said:
Year of The Hawk":dh19clt0 said:

Mahomes is good. I don't see anyone in this thread saying he should be MVP over Russ.

Ahh you should read it all. There are few who have said it and that Mahome is way ahead of every other QB, to include Wilson.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1183497240909877248[/tweet]

John63

Reaction score
Rat":38m3f00k said:
rcaido":38m3f00k said:
Year of The Hawk":38m3f00k said:

You're acting like Mahomes has fallen flat on his face. He threw for over 5000 yards and 50 TDs as a first year starter, leading his team to a 12-4 record and the No. 1 seed in the AFC Playoffs. He has played well this year as well (leads the NFL in passing yards and is tied for first in TD passes), albeit not as well as Russ, but who is?

Mahomes is damn good. Admitting that is no indictment on the guy we are fortunate to have.

No one is debating he is good or not. Just that he is not a lock for mvp or way better than everyone else like some here have said.

chris98251

Reaction score
It takes one game to tank a MVP run, Wilson is doing well, best time to talk about this is really around week 12 when games become live or die for playoff position and jockeying.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
chris98251":2myaxjcj said:
It takes one game to tank a MVP run, Wilson is doing well, best time to talk about this is really around week 12 when games become live or die for playoff position and jockeying.

Unless you are the favorite. Then you get a few mulligans.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":301xj9lt said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1183497240909877248[/tweet]

More likely it demonstrates what this offense could be without Pete's interference. If I were Wilson, I would fry every in helmet communicator the Seahawks own.

PackerNation

Reaction score
As of right now, Wilson is THE MVP, bar none. Lots of games to be played but he still looks as good as he did his first couple of years in the league.

Take Wilson off the Seahawks and they are 2-4 team right now. He can take the team on his back and has done so, this season. Regardless of a ring or not.

Not sure why the league or fans don't give the proper respect to Wilson. He is looking like a 1st ballot HOF QB.

HawkerD

Reaction score
PackerNation":9wb5w1p4 said:
As of right now, Wilson is THE MVP, bar none. Lots of games to be played but he still looks as good as he did his first couple of years in the league.

Take Wilson off the Seahawks and they are 2-4 team right now. He can take the team on his back and has done so, this season. Regardless of a ring or not.

Not sure why the league or fans don't give the proper respect to Wilson. He is looking like a 1st ballot HOF QB.

they'd be LUCKY to have a single win. Wilson is the reason this team has ANY success. PC is the absolute worst X and O coach in the modern NFL. He is probably great at coaching guys up, motivating, etc but on Gameday he leaves a lot to be desired. This challenge Pct (2 of 7) is terrible. Doesn't really understand complex clock mgmt moments. Russ is the Man and will win the MVP. no team is more dependent on one player.

PackerNation

Reaction score
HawkerD":subfwxyf said:
PackerNation":subfwxyf said:

they'd be LUCKY to have a single win. Wilson is the reason this team has ANY success. PC is the absolute worst X and O coach in the modern NFL. He is probably great at coaching guys up, motivating, etc but on Gameday he leaves a lot to be desired. This challenge Pct (2 of 7) is terrible. Doesn't really understand complex clock mgmt moments. Russ is the Man and will win the MVP. no team is more dependent on one player.

I can't agree that Pete is that bad. You don't have a career like Pete has had by being that bad at the X's and O's aspect of football. You don't win a SB by being bad, either. he is clearly among the elite in the NFL and was at the college level too.

Sorry, but I disagree. You may want a change at HC and if so, who do you want to lead the hawks at this juncture? Pete seems to be a great fit in Seattle.

cymatica

Reaction score
HawkerD":3f91en0q said:
PackerNation":3f91en0q said:

As frustrating as the gameplan looks sometimes, and as much as I yell at the tv saying "what the hell are you thinking", Wilson wouldn't be breaking records and playing like an MVP if Pete was the worst X and O coach. I think that is just simply untrue and his approach that seems so frustrating has produced more wins than many of the proclaimed X and O masterminds.

Don't get me wrong, he has plenty of warts, but I think the whole "Pete is not an X and O guy" gets tossed around way too much especially considering the results. Perhaps he is a damn good X and O coach, and deliberately runs certain defense and offensive schemes that he feels give the best chance of winning.

Jville

Reaction score
"What would it take for Wilson to win MVP?"

An MVP season finish!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":1vyg35lj said:
PackerNation":1vyg35lj said:

Just curious, what % constitutes a good challenge rate, in your opinion?

AgentDib

Reaction score
HawkerD":37e9wz2e said:
This challenge Pct (2 of 7) is terrible.
Do you know how two successful challenges stacks against the rest of the NFL?

HawkerD":37e9wz2e said:
Wilson is the reason this team has ANY success. PC is the absolute worst X and O coach in the modern NFL.
I honestly don't follow this thought process. Wilson is having a fantastic season and rather than look at that as a huge win for the collective group the reaction is somehow to assume he is doing it in spite of everybody else rather than in coordination with them. I guess it's just a way of talking him up further which is laudable but silly.

You should also know that Pete is highly regarded as a defensive X and O coach. There's a reason why teams keep hiring off our defense trying (and failing) to get their own version of him and it isn't because they want to copy his rah-rah motivational approach.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Was watching ESPN this morning, and they're said it's a "Four way race between McCaffrey, Mahomes, Wilson, and Watson. And that McCaffrey leads the race." LOL

So Mahomes was far and away leading the MVP race, it wasn't close. But now that Mahomes has come back down to earth, it's "close" and McCaffrey is up there. As I've argued before, Wilson is getting his respect but I'm not seeing the undisputed, wall to wall coverage of love I've saw with Mahomes and that I've seen with Manning, Cam Newton, etc. in the past.

And I'm sorry but Pete has made some objectively bad coaching decisions lately, and our defense has given up a lot in spots. It is not unreasonable to argue Russell is 80% of the reason we're 5-1. We also have a very young team.